spring break

lyles2010

Alright, I know Panama City Beach is THE hot spot for spring break, but do any of you have a "secret spot" that you go to for spring break?

Well, if I told you it wouldn't be a secret now would it?  ;D PC is where we went. Club LaVela and Spinnakers were the places to be in the 80s, don't have a clue now. My outlaws have a condo in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, more family friendly. I'll be the old fat dude with long black curly hair, sunglasses and a margarita; guarding his daughter.  :cool:

Smith Lake  :thumbsup:

I love Smith Lake!! I went last year for the first time with my FFA officer team. It was incredible!

I spend 25+ days a year on Smith.  It's a decent lake for bass fishing, it's no Guntersville, but it isn't terrible.

I love Smith Lake!! I went last year for the first time with my FFA officer team. It was incredible!

I spend 25+ days a year on Smith.  It's a decent lake for bass fishing, it's no Guntersville, but it isn't terrible.

Very tough fishing, super clear. Last time I was there they were building the "Castle" house if that's what they still call it.

Very tough fishing, super clear. Last time I was there they were building the "Castle" house if that's what they still call it.

A bat grabbed my worm there one evening.  :laugh:   

Small world. My brother got dive bombed by bats there.  :laugh: What a baby. I love bats.

They still call it the Castle, my parents have a house about 10 min from there by water.

They still call it the Castle, my parents have a house about 10 min from there by water.

That place was too cool. That's the way to spend money.

Smith king of stripe.  I caught one on it last summer that was 40lbs.  20-30lbers are common.

there are a couple of ways to interpret that statement, and the way I did sure made me laugh. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

Well, if I told you it wouldn't be a secret now would it?  ;D PC is where we went. Club LaVela and Spinnakers were the places to be in the 80s, don't have a clue now. My outlaws have a condo in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, more family friendly. I'll be the old fat dude with long black curly hair, sunglasses and a margarita; guarding his daughter.  :cool:

Spinnaker & LaVela were still the places to go in the 90s.

Archived