Lets see Morris start

I'll be the first to say I want to see Andrew Morris get a shot at starting a weekend game over Slade Smith.  I think Smith has good stuff but just wears down too easily, he can't get out of the 5th and I think Morris is one of those guys who pitches better as a starter.  Hopefully he'll get his chance, maybe first in one of these midweek games.

I would too however Morris got pounded this weekend in his brief appearance. We gotta find a third guy that can go 7 or more innings. I thinks Morris can develop into that guy

He doesn't really have the mindset of a reliever. I'm the last one to offer excuses for bad performances, but he has never been one to like being the reliever. Once he is told that he is the guy that day and that he is getting the start, I'm almost sure he will have a great outing.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who's starting tomorrow???  :party:

I was wondering why he didn't see any action over the weekend. This explains it. I just talked to him, and he is for sure starting. I can't wait to see how it goes; I hate that it's an away game.

Guess who's starting tomorrow???  :party:

I was wondering why he didn't see any action over the weekend. This explains it. I just talked to him, and he is for sure starting. I can't wait to see how it goes; I hate that it's an away game.

Yeah, thats why i'm making the drive there. I'll give some insight into it when I get back. I can't wait to see him start. We could really use him on the weekends

Yeah definitely, any insight as to how he performs would be welcomed. He's had a little trouble getting on top of his curveball and keeping it down, so I hope he can work that out

Yeah, the only flaw I've seen in the time I've seen him pitch is he does have a tendency to elevate some of his pitches, but that's a minor problem that can easily taken care of. That curveball is straight up nasty

Yeah, the only flaw I've seen in the time I've seen him pitch is he does have a tendency to elevate some of his pitches, but that's a minor problem that can easily taken care of. That curveball is straight up nasty

we could see it breaking from down the thrid base line... that's dirty. Honestly it almost looks like a slider.

Archived