Auburn@ MS State GAME 2. You don't wanna know the score

We have cut it to single digits... 4-13... Here we come!

Now, if we could have spotted them a 24 run lead, I would have felt real good about it!

:wareagle:

What can I say, I'm like ga, but not quite that bad, ha. It's definitely possible. Improbable, but not impossible. We gotta start putting the ball in play. Runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out and Wacker at the plate

Who is the pitching coach?  >:(

Coach Foxhall I believe

Well....he needs to rethink his philosophy or his coaching technique or  maybe quit changing his socks if it's messing up the pitching mojo. Whatever it takes. These are talented kids but something is wrong with their development.

Who is the pitching coach?  >:(

Coach Foxhall I believe

Well....he needs to rethink his philosophy or his coaching technique or  maybe quit changing his socks if it's messing up the pitching mojo. Whatever it takes. These are talented kids but something is wrong with their development.

I've heard directly from a few people on the team that pitching isn't worked on at all by the coaches. It's pretty much up to the pitchers to work on everything by themselves, and teach themselves what they want to do. That upset me when I heard it, but oh well

Wow lots of hate on Coach Foxhall today. I'll back him up since nobody else will. CSF is an outstanding coach and I've seen it first hand. He's a stand up guy that's not afraid to get after your rear. Did yall not see the pitching performance we had against Alabama the other night?? The hardest thing to do as a pitching staff is community pitch (throwing 4 or more in a game while trying to win).

It comes down to execution. Somedays a pitcher doesn't have his best stuff (or any of his stuff). That's not the pitching coaches problem. That's the players problem. He can work with them building up strength, stamina, etc. all day long but if that guy on the mound can't locate his pitches then he's gonna struggle. That's whats happened today.

BTW read his bio and tell me that looks like a coach that doesn't pay attention/work with his pitchers:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/foxhall_scott00.html

I'm not meaning to hate on him, I was just saying what a couple of pitchers on the team have told me. He is one of the best recruiting coordinators, and as far as pitching goes, I'm with you, I usually tend to put more blame on lack of execution as opposed to the coach's fault.

Wow lots of hate on Coach Foxhall today. I'll back him up since nobody else will. CSF is an outstanding coach and I've seen it first hand. He's a stand up guy that's not afraid to get after your rear. Did yall not see the pitching performance we had against Alabama the other night?? The hardest thing to do as a pitching staff is community pitch (throwing 4 or more in a game while trying to win).

It comes down to execution. Somedays a pitcher doesn't have his best stuff (or any of his stuff). That's not the pitching coaches problem. That's the players problem. He can work with them building up strength, stamina, etc. all day long but if that guy on the mound can't locate his pitches then he's gonna struggle. That's whats happened today.

BTW read his bio and tell me that looks like a coach that doesn't pay attention/work with his pitchers:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/foxhall_scott00.html

Not really hating on him...but pitching has been a continuing issue that carried over from last season.

My point was that whatever the coach is doing is not effective. He needs to shake things up. Just an opinion....

I would never say CF needs to go, because I don't think that's right.

Geez... it's baseball guys and you can't expect to win every series much less every game.  That is especially true on the road.  Am I concerned about the pitching, sure.  Am I ready to give up on anyone or call for a firing, absolutely not!  Tomorrow is a new day and we will have our best going against their best from last year. 

These are student atheletes and they seem to be a very fine group of young Auburn men.  I hope we can show them we support them and that it is great to be an Auburn Tiger win, lose or draw.  Criticism is OK for sure but there is a line somewhere and I would hate to see us cross it.

:wareagle:

Archived