Deon Bush

El Tiburon

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt the accuracy of that article, fwiw, and yes, I did read it.

I think we are in excellent shape with Bush right now. That doesn't mean that things won't change, but as of today, I'd say we are in a very good position with him.

I think we are in excellent shape with Bush right now. That doesn't mean that things won't change, but as of today, I'd say we are in a very good position with him.

Thanks for cheering us so early in the morning. When do you ever sleep DJ?

Thanks for cheering us so early in the morning. When do you ever sleep DJ?

Never! vampire36.gif

• 3 weeks later...

First-time poster here.  Just saw the story on Scout regarding Deon Bush and realized I haven't herad much about him lately.  How are we sitting w/ him @ this point?  DJ, I'd love to hear your take, b/c I know you've been confident about him throughout the process. 

Thanks, fellers.

First-time poster here.  Just saw the story on Scout regarding Deon Bush and realized I haven't herad much about him lately.  How are we sitting w/ him @ this point?  DJ, I'd love to hear your take, b/c I know you've been confident about him throughout the process. 

Thanks, fellers.

Welcome to AE WartotheEagle. Post often

Renewing my previous post...anything new on Deon?  Was that previous Scout article (not the one released yesterday) bogus or not?  Is he seriously no longer int'd in AU?  Any thoughts on an announcement date?

Renewing my previous post...anything new on Deon?  Was that previous Scout article (not the one released yesterday) bogus or not?  Is he seriously no longer int'd in AU?  Any thoughts on an announcement date?

WartotheEagle, I just logged on so I apologize.  Bush stated he's only interested in Miami, AU, bama, FSU, LSU, and Purdue but he'll take his visits to all of the schools except Miami.  He can go Miami anytime since they're close to home.  Bush plans on making a decision after he takes all of his visits. Hope that helps.

I hope we can start proving that we can develop talent. I can't think of one player on defense that I can look at and say "man, that kid got sooo much better since his first day of practice"....kills me to say it, but Bama develops talent better than any other team. Look how much they improved in one year.

I hope we can start proving that we can develop talent. I can't think of one player on defense that I can look at and say "man, that kid got sooo much better since his first day of practice"....kills me to say it, but Bama develops talent better than any other team. Look how much they improved in one year.

:zapbama:

:beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet::zapbama: :zapbama:

Chris Davis maybe?

Chris Davis maybe?

Yea  I don't think anybody from the secondary shown any improvement. Neiko did catch an int that almost hit him in the face tho.

assuming you mean during chiziks full tenure because we have only played 4 games ... Fairley?

if only 4 games then chris davis and the "before the seasons over starters" florence & blackson ...

assuming you mean during chiziks full tenure because we have only played 4 games ... Fairley?

if only 4 games then chris davis and the "before the seasons over starters" florence & blackson ...

Weezy is right.......

Fairley will tell you, Rocker is the reason he ended up as successful as he was. Florence and Blackson are just learning the system. They were playing slow early in the year. That's not improvement, per se, as of yet.

Guys like Freeman, Neiko, Whitaker, T'Bell, etc. are the ones that I have been hoping to really see blossom. T'Bell actually appears to have slightly regressed from the end of last year. Bell has been about the 5th best DB on our roster, IMO. He's been too slow out of his breaks and the WRs end up running free too often. It's like he maybe doesn't trust that the safety or LB will be where they're supposed to be.

Weezy is right.......

Fairley will tell you, Rocker is the reason he ended up as successful as he was. Florence and Blackson are just learning the system. They were playing slow early in the year. That's not improvement, per se, as of yet.

Guys like Freeman, Neiko, Whitaker, T'Bell, etc. are the ones that I have been hoping to really see blossom. T'Bell actually appears to have slightly regressed from the end of last year. Bell has been about the 5th best DB on our roster, IMO. He's been too slow out of his breaks and the WRs end up running free too often. It's like he maybe doesn't trust that the safety or LB will be where they're supposed to be.

We have no real way of telling how people have progressed or regressed. If the D line is weaker it gives a qb more time which makes your db's look bad because a reciever will get open if given time. If the D line is solid your db's only have to cover for a shorter time which makes them look awesome. If your LB's are strong they can get through blocks and run stop. But if your Dline is weak strong LB's are negated because RB's get to the second level before the LB's get off those blocks. Our problems on D this year begins and ends with young Defensive lineman. Did Nosa Equae and Corey Lemonier regress? No they get more attention because our interior D Line is weaker.

Archived