Deon Bush

El Tiburon

Did he make it in last weekend for the IB? He was on the list of visitors.

No and was not on a list to be there either. Went to the Miani-BC game and said it was "alright."

From a Scout article last week "One of the top defensive back prospects in the country, Deon Bush from Christopher Columbus High in Miami has already visited Auburn officially, but will make a return trip this weekend to see the Iron Bowl." This is why I asked, I did not make it up.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. You are reading to much into it. Its simply a numbers game with every SEC only allowed 25 signees now. We want a DB and so does Bama. Both teams have the same top 2 targets so one team will get 1 and the other team gets the other. Kwon is different. He was a Bama lean for a long time but when they started recruiting him at Safety that opened the door for AU because he wants to play LB. I am not saying Auburn could not get Kwon if Bama recruited him at LB or he had not hurt his knee but it would have been more difficult...That being said, it happens every year that a team gets a recruit because another team wanted a different player. It does not mean or imply that other team is better. We have a perfect example in Leonard Williams. We are the tenative leader for him at the moment. If the Gators get Jonathan Boullard then LW is all ours but if the Gators miss on Boullard then it will be very difficult for AU to fend off an all out Gator push for LW. That is why I pay close attention to what other teams are doing in recruiting. I see how it affects Auburn in recruiting.

Thus the reason you are on the short list of who I pay attention to around here. And it IS appreciated

Did he make it in last weekend for the IB? He was on the list of visitors.

No and was not on a list to be there either. Went to the Miani-BC game and said it was "alright."

From a Scout article last week "One of the top defensive back prospects in the country, Deon Bush from Christopher Columbus High in Miami has already visited Auburn officially, but will make a return trip this weekend to see the Iron Bowl." This is why I asked, I did not make it up.

That's cool. I had read on Miami's 247 site around that time too that he would be in Miami so I figured he would be there.

didnt his parents really like AU?  didnt they visit when he was at the camp in oregon (or was that geno smith?)

fwiw, i think we end up with bush and a good chance with cyrus jones as a WR ... i think jones wants the ball in his hands and we may offer that opportunity for him.

didnt his parents really like AU?  didnt they visit when he was at the camp in oregon (or was that geno smith?)

fwiw, i think we end up with bush and a good chance with cyrus jones as a WR ... i think jones wants the ball in his hands and we may offer that opportunity for him.

It was Bush and I feel we get him and still think Bama gets CJ.

• 1 month later...

Don't know who this guy is, but he thinks Deon Bush is out with Bama and it's between Auburn and Miami.

ginojoubertDVIGino Joubert

Alabama has closed the door on Deon Bush too, 3 months ago they were his leader. Will be Auburn or Miami for Bush

Don't know who this guy is, but he thinks Deon Bush is out with Bama and it's between Auburn and Miami.

Alabama has closed the door on Deon Bush too, 3 months ago they were his leader. Will be Auburn or Miami for Bush

He is LSU's scout guy. He also says LSU is basically out for Collins but his reasoning is very skeptical. He says it's because Bama just now closed the door on Elston. It's my understanding the door was closed on Trae a long time ago. Regardless of Bama closing the door on Bush they were not getting him anyway.

He is LSU's scout guy. He also says LSU is basically out for Collins but his reasoning is very skeptical. He says it's because Bama just now closed the door on Elston. It's my understanding the door was closed on Trae a long time ago. Regardless of Bama closing the door on Bush they were not getting him anyway.

they get Cyrus Jones too (who won't play WR)

they get Cyrus Jones too (who won't play WR)

He might. They need someone to step up at receiver

Ellitor, do you feel good about this guy? i would love to get him. he seems like a good kid with very good athletic ability.

I feel very good about Bush. It's between us and Miami. Everything I read indicates Miami did not make a strong move with him on his last visit with him.

I think we will land this cat. This is one of those recruits that I REALLY want to have on this squad. His speed would be very beneficial to our secondary. He'll need to put on a little bit more weight, but this kid will be a stud.

Rivals guy ( Farrell) thinks he picks Miami

Farrell Analysis: Bush has been linked to all three schools in different ways and the lure of the SEC is strong, but Miami has done a great job recruiting him and staying close to home will be a factor here. The buzz is that the 'Canes lead.

Prediction: Miami

That is not good. Is this Farrell guy usual right with his info?

like most national analysts...no

No disrespect, ellitor, but I disagree here.  I really like Farrell in large part.  He doesn't nail everything, but he does as good a job as anyone I've heard.  He had Westerman pegged after his visit last year, and he's been doing this quite a while.

This is to say nothing of what may happen with Bush.  I hope we land him and have no idea why he would go to UM.  As such, I hope Farrell is dead wrong on this one.

War Eagle!

Doesn't Miami have USC like sanctions waiting for them in the Spring?  I can't imagine Bush wanting to be a part of the crap.  I think he'll be a Tiger.

Archived