Deon Bush

El Tiburon

If TJ Davis is verified as having committed, are we still going to go hard after Deon?

Also, I know this is not supposed to be a very deep Safety class, but are we going after any pure safeties?

To my understanding, TJ davis is in our top five of DB prospects, and if we accept his commitment, we will then only focus on two to three national guys and they will be on a first come first serve basis. These two of three guys will be most likely 1.Deon Bush, 2. Nelson Agholor, and then either Cyrus Jones or another prospect I may not be aware of. This of course, could be wrong.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If TJ Davis is verified as having committed, are we still going to go hard after Deon?

Also, I know this is not supposed to be a very deep Safety class, but are we going after any pure safeties?

One may not effect the other since TJ is a corner and Bush is a Safety.  Unless we are recruiting them at different positions, I dont know.

One may not effect the other since TJ is a corner and Bush is a Safety.  Unless we are recruiting them at different positions, I dont know.

I believe we are recruiting them due to their flexibility in the secondary. That is what Lolley, Thigpin, and Roof have seemed to shoot for lately.

I don't think that Davis' commitment affects us as far as pursuit of Bush. I actually think that we would take both Bush AND Cyrus Jones if they both wanted to come. Then we would just sort out who plays safety out of the bunch after they got here. Davis could easily play safety, if he put on a little more weight. He IS 6'1" after all. I could also see someone like J.Rose end up at safety someday.

To my understanding, TJ davis is in our top five of DB prospects, and if we accept his commitment, we will then only focus on two to three national guys and they will be on a first come first serve basis. These two of three guys will be most likely 1.Deon Bush, 2. Nelson Agholor, and then either Cyrus Jones or another prospect I may not be aware of. This of course, could be wrong.

IMO Jones and Bush are probaby "even" on the big board. We've told Agholor that he could play WR here... but I agree that he would be close to #1 on my list of potential safeties.

We're apparently recruiting Bush as a CB from what he's said.

It's been said many times, but i'll say it again.  The coaches are recruiting these guys as DBs.  they'll give them a shot at corner, and if they have the quicks and the hip swivel to fit in there, they'll stick.  If not, they'll move to safety.  Guys like J. Rose, TJ Davis, etc are all versatile enough and have the size to play either position.  You get the best athletes you can back there, and figure out the best combination of where to put them.

There might be a few players higher rated by the services out there... but as a whole, you'll be hard pressed to find a more athletic d-backfield than what AU is putting together.

This year's class already has Holsey, J. Jones, and Davis. And it would not surprise me if they made room for Bush, C. Jones and Agholar (possibly as a WR?) if they all wanted to come.

I think the TJ Davis commitment in no way affects Bush.  There is some question whether or not the commitment affects Cyrus Jones.  I think we're still going to get Cyrus as a WR.  He seems very similar to Quan Bray and Trovon Reed.  It seems we want to take 1 slasher/slot receiver.  4 DBs (Holsey, Jones, Davis, and Bush) and 4 WRs (Williams, Louis, Jones, Diggs).

Just a little fyi.  I heard from someone very close to Bush's recruitment today that says he's going to be an Auburn Tiger.  So, we're in great shape, right now atleast, no matter what you may be hearing from the bammers.

Great to hear.

J-S or DJ, what is the word on Aghalor? I really liked what I saw when I watched him play. Is he still interested in AU? Are the coaches persueing him at all? Heard he wants an equal shot at WR as he does in the defensive backfield. Might be part of the holdup for him?

War Eagle!

Just a little fyi.  I heard from someone very close to Bush's recruitment today that says he's going to be an Auburn Tiger.  So, we're in great shape, right now atleast, no matter what you may be hearing from the bammers.

Great to hear.

J-S or DJ, what is the word on Aghalor? I really liked what I saw when I watched him play. Is he still interested in AU? Are the coaches persueing him at all? Heard he wants an equal shot at WR as he does in the defensive backfield. Might be part of the holdup for him?

War Eagle!

Not DJ or J-S, but Agholor has a GREAT amount of interest in us. We are recruiting him as an athlete and will get his first shot at WR. The Coaches have been all over him and Bush to pretty much round out our "secondary." Cyrus Jones is still a possibility, and I feel we have a great shot at landing one of Jones or Agholor. I think, if Agholor had a "Top group" it would consist of AU, Florida, USCw, and Tx. 

Great to hear.

War Eagle!

Not DJ or J-S, but Agholor has a GREAT amount of interest in us. We are recruiting him as an athlete and will get his first shot at WR. The Coaches have been all over him and Bush to pretty much round out our "secondary." Cyrus Jones is still a possibility, and I feel we have a great shot at landing one of Jones or Agholor. I think, if Agholor had a "Top group" it would consist of AU, Florida, USCw, and Tx. 

This^^ is pretty accurate.

Great to hear.

War Eagle!

This^^ is pretty accurate.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I think that dude's gonna be something special. Back to Bush. This guy is awesome. I am glad to see things shaping up the way they are between him and AU.

There is a story up on the rivals football recruiting page about Deon. The teaser says "Miami Columbus DB Deon Bush spent most of Friday night at cornerback and easily passed the test. He sits atop Rivals.com analyst Chris Nee's top performers list"

:we:

Pure shocker then.  Jlee has him at a 85% lean to us.  I have a feeling it's steadily going to drop now. 

If we're not in his top 3, someone was getting bad info. 

I know we felt good about Bush as of a couple of weeks ago. But it will not shock me if things have changed.  There have been a few guys this year that AU was leading for or in the top group for, but then suddenly the interest in AU dropped.  Common denominator in all is bama heavily recruited them.  To be more accurate, bama heavily negatively recruited and told the kid AU is going to be lucky to have a program when the NCAA is done.  Saban, Rumph, and Smart in particular have focused on this as their theme.

Archived