Deon Bush

El Tiburon

I'm not a bammer. I graduated from auburn but I am realistic. Good point ab chris Davis...he is probably the most improved. The guys that have been in the system going on 3 years i don't feel have progressed much, if any, at all. If I was a recruit the number one thing I would look for is "how is my coach developing talent and preparing me to

Get to the next level"

With coaches simplifying things for the team, players not knowing how to tackle, lack of sending players to

The NFL, etc. Would throw up a red flag.

Answer this question: I'm a 5 star defensive player. Why would I want to come to auburn?

Also who was the last 5 star defensive player we got?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a bammer. I graduated from auburn but I am realistic. Good point ab chris Davis...he is probably the most improved. The guys that have been in the system going on 3 years i don't feel have progressed much, if any, at all. If I was a recruit the number one thing I would look for is "how is my coach developing talent and preparing me to

Get to the next level"

With coaches simplifying things for the team, players not knowing how to tackle, lack of sending players to

The NFL, etc. Would throw up a red flag.

Answer this question: I'm a 5 star defensive player. Why would I want to come to auburn?

Also who was the last 5 star defensive player we got?

Auburn has coaches that have put many players into the NFL , this year is not a good year for us defensively, However I believe if I was 5 star. I'd go to AU because I'd get alot of PT. AND will win Games with this offense. If I can just be a star and a leader. Ask Nick Fairly. be patient. this will be a better team as the season goes on!!!

Chill dude!!

Get to the next level"

well, i had put together a little research and some opinions.  spent about 20 minutes on it and accidentally hit the back arrow and blasted it all.  dang it!

my point was going to be that we have some under achievers (tbell, thorpe, eltoro) along with some solid guys (evans, nosa) who have been here 3 years.  put them with sophs who have practically no experience (whitaker/carter/holland) and newbys who now have 4 games.  chris davis has been solid and i think holland/blackson/florence will be flat good by years end.  holland has the most difficult road due to his position.

my research was the slew of defenders that chizik/lolley put in the pros from the 2002-2004 era.  it was a bunch, I MEAN A BUNCH.  not to mention chiziks work at texas.  pelton with demarcus ware and umenyiora at troy.  fairley last year (gotta give some credit to chiz and roof)

these guys have a track record.  i think the guys who have been here a few years have just flat not panned out.  the rest have hardly played until this year and 4 games is simply not enough time to dock them as not being talent developing coaches.  they have shown talent development in the past.  i would argue they got more out of less the last 2 years (particularly 2009) than most coaches would have.

basically what i am saying, is i disagree that our coaches dont develop talent.  they just have not had adequate time with the new quality talent.  (whew, i finished  :-[)

Yo yaboymaxweezy...If you are a 5* defensive player, you go to to Auburn because its Auburn. Tradition never graduates.

Yo yaboymaxweezy...If you are a 5* defensive player, you go to to Auburn because its Auburn. Tradition never graduates.

You know, that wouldn't be a bad mindset for our team. Yeah, all the great players left last year, but we are still Auburn, and we are still expected to compete. Who knows, they may play up to that tradition.

Coming to Auburn with its defense still can't be as bad as going to bama and end up a joke in the NFL, like Kareem Jackson. The NFL experts are still talking about how he was a wasted pick. It just shows even more that saban just lets talent win his games instead teaching alot of fundamentals. Then he just runs off the ones that don't know enough about how to play DB on their own, for the next star recruit that comes along.

Coming to Auburn with its defense still can't be as bad as going to bama and end up a joke in the NFL, like Kareem Jackson. The NFL experts are still talking about how he was a wasted pick. It just shows even more that saban just lets talent win his games instead teaching alot of fundamentals. Then he just runs off the ones that don't know enough about how to play DB on their own, for the next star recruit that comes along.

That was one comment. Kareem Jackson gets PT. you have to be joking when you say none of Bama's players have gotten better since high school, they have had awesome defenses ever since he has been there. In this years draft you'll see Lester, Barron, and Kirkpatrick all go fairly high. Take of your O&B glasses for a second those comments from Wade Philips have been overused.

That was one comment. Kareem Jackson gets PT. you have to be joking when you say none of Bama's players have gotten better since high school, they have had awesome defenses ever since he has been there. In this years draft you'll see Lester, Barron, and Kirkpatrick all go fairly high. Take of your O&B glasses for a second those comments from Wade Philips have been overused.

^^^^This^^^^

Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has pretty much been a beast since he stepped foot in Oakland.

I didn't say any. I was talking about DBs. Just because they are drafted high doesn't mean they will be worth the money. Bama has so many players with talent that one of them will make a play and make the rest look better. All 3 were 4 and 5 stars coming in. KJ has been talk about several times in that regard. They have been talking about his technique during games being bad. I don't wear O&B glasses. I call it as I see it and I am not going to praise or badmouth bama just because I am an Auburn fan. KJ is the only DB saban has put in the NFL that really even plays. JA is mostly a returner and that is it. That is not a good turnover rate for the number of DBs he has coached there.

I didn't say any. I was talking about DBs. Just because they are drafted high doesn't mean they will be worth the money. Bama has so many players with talent that one of them will make a play and make the rest look better. All 3 were 4 and 5 stars coming in. KJ has been talk about several times in that regard. They have been talking about his technique during games being bad. I don't wear O&B glasses. I call it as I see it and I am not going to praise or badmouth bama just because I am an Auburn fan. KJ is the only DB saban has put in the NFL that really even plays. JA is mostly a returner and that is it. That is not a good turnover rate for the number of DBs he has coached there.

Kirkpatrick (and Barron, in a lesser way) will go a long way to determining that. Kirkpatrick's been touted as a true shutdown corner (in the pre-Philadelphia  :-X Asomugha and Revis mold) and will be drafted as such. Let's see if this holds up or it's just Kareem Jackson being the typical Bammer...

Not to knock too hard on Kirkpatrick cause he's a baller and I would have loved to see the kid in O&B... But he got burnt pretty badly on Floridas first play of the game last weekend.

Maybe he was over confident and didn't expect to be targeted on the first play.. But dang :laugh:

Rivals reporting that we officially didn't make Bush's top 3. LSU, UAT, and FSU did. Its not good but I don't know if that absolutely means anything, this kid's recruitment has been all over the place it seems.

Rivals reporting that we officially didn't make Bush's top 3. LSU, UAT, and FSU did. Its not good but I don't know if that absolutely means anything, this kid's recruitment has been all over the place it seems.

WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED HERE?

Archived