Deon Bush

El Tiburon

I forgot about his fnl trip, but I think he will see the opportunity to come to an offense that would showcase his athleticism such as our own. Weiss is a good OC but gus's O does alot more with its ath than just running routes. JMO.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you recall Stephon's latest quotes, he said he hadn't been in touch with the Miami coaches and seemed to be throwing their name around just because he always liked them.  It was clear to me then that this was just a FL/AU battle.

But Bush is definitely a AU/UM battle, and we might pull this one out thank to the Yahoo story.  Jonesy had indicated he thought Bush would stay close to home, so maybe the specter of probation will push him to us.

If you recall Stephon's latest quotes, he said he hadn't been in touch with the Miami coaches and seemed to be throwing their name around just because he always liked them.  It was clear to me then that this was just a FL/AU battle.

But Bush is definitely a AU/UM battle, and we might pull this one out thank to the Yahoo story.  Jonesy had indicated he thought Bush would stay close to home, so maybe the specter of probation will push him to us.

I could live with BOTH of those scenarios!  Come on down to the Plains!  WDE! 

Wow, just got through reading the article on Miami @ yahoo sports and if those allegation are true then that program could be done for.  If I am a recruit looking at Miami then I am looking to get off before it sinks.  Come on down Mr. Bush and Mr. Diggs

I think Miami is dead in the water. Any commits they have as of now, they will be backing off FAST. Wonder what Randy Shannon is thinking about now. He knew darn well this was going on. This guy is bad news.

Just read that UF's WR coach (Aubrey Hill) is named in the UM article, so maybe it ends up steering them both here after all if Diggs had a close relationship with hill.

I believe there are 6. Two are at UA, One to Fl and one to Louisville. Not sure about the other two.

One is at Georgia.

Dont think there is a coach at Ga. Just a player!

I believe there are 6. Two are at UA, One to Fl and one to Louisville. Not sure about the other two.

We were a hair away from getting Clint Hurtt too.

Right, but more than likely if the coach is implicated and it checks out, he's a goner.  It's also bad publicity.  That would sting.

On a positive not ... JMO but we could get a commit from Dion very soon.  Danny boy would give us a 50-50 chance . lol

A little update on Deon, he says Purdue is a for sure player for him due to his brother and it being in a big time conference. He also said that he plans on taking all 5 visits and will make a decision from there. Top schools in no order: AU, LSU, UM, UA, Purdue, and FSU. Obviously one of those schools gets left out for an OV, and don't be surprised if it's Miami. Not because of the Yahoo 10, but because of distance.

My opinion: we're in really good shape!

Interesting story, I headed over to carvel(in miami) to get some icecream. The kid working there looked at the Auburn shirt I was wearing and ask if I was an Auburn fan. I said yes. He then told me about how he was good friends with Deon and that they went to high school together. He then said that Deon really liked Auburn and that in his opinion in would be at battle between Auburn and Alabama. He said he really liked AU's chances though.

Btw in case you didn't know, Deon's brother Gary plays for Perdue.

Maybe you should make a mental note to get icecream after every one of his OV's, then bring us back the sweets.

Interesting story, I headed over to carvel(in miami) to get some icecream. The kid working there looked at the Auburn shirt I was wearing and ask if I was an Auburn fan. I said yes. He then told me about how he was good friends with Deon and that they went to high school together. He then said that Deon really liked Auburn and that in his opinion in would be at battle between Auburn and Alabama. He said he really liked AU's chances though.

Btw in case you didn't know, Deon's brother Gary plays for Perdue.

Just a little fyi.  I heard from someone very close to Bush's recruitment today that says he's going to be an Auburn Tiger.  So, we're in great shape, right now atleast, no matter what you may be hearing from the bammers.

Just a little fyi.  I heard from someone very close to Bush's recruitment today that says he's going to be an Auburn Tiger.  So, we're in great shape, right now atleast, no matter what you may be hearing from the bammers.

Thanks for the confirmation J-S. I've thought for a little while now he's ours to lose.

;)

If TJ Davis is verified as having committed, are we still going to go hard after Deon?

Also, I know this is not supposed to be a very deep Safety class, but are we going after any pure safeties?

Archived