Deon Bush

El Tiburon

According to Rivals, he has a top three now. Im not sure who made the cut, but i imagine the good guys did.  :party:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's coming to Auburn.  Got a pretty good feel for it.  :thumbsup:

Ditto. We get Bush. Bama gets Cyrus Jones.

I'll take that trade anytime.

Although I have not heard much from Bammer nation about CJ. They are going after the juco db Travell Dixon so we may get both Bush and Jones.

Bama is recruiting Jones as a WR.

I still have hot heard much from them on Jones the last few weeks so they may not be recruiting him as hard regardless of position.

• 2 weeks later...

Did he make it in last weekend for the IB? He was on the list of visitors.

No and was not on a list to be there either. Went to the Miani-BC game and said it was "alright."

Although I have not heard much from Bammer nation about CJ. They are going after the juco db Travell Dixon so we may get both Bush and Jones.

Are you saying Auburn can't get a recruit unless bammers stoped recruiting him? You seemed to hint toward that about kwon also.

Dang, I get tired of this poor, poor me mentality. We get Players Alabama wants and we get players they want. Priorities change as circumstances change. Auburn takes a back seat to no one's recruiting and we aren't taking anyone's leftovers. All the athletes mentioned above are quality papers and were and are being pursued by many top echelon schools. The attitudes expressed above fuel the Bama supporters feelings that they are better than us. Hold your head up high, walk tall, and be an Auburn man!

Are you saying Auburn can't get a recruit unless bammers stoped recruiting him? You seemed to hint toward that about kwon also.

No. You are reading to much into it. Its simply a numbers game with every SEC only allowed 25 signees now. We want a DB and so does Bama. Both teams have the same top 2 targets so one team will get 1 and the other team gets the other. Kwon is different. He was a Bama lean for a long time but when they started recruiting him at Safety that opened the door for AU because he wants to play LB. I am not saying Auburn could not get Kwon if Bama recruited him at LB or he had not hurt his knee but it would have been more difficult...That being said, it happens every year that a team gets a recruit because another team wanted a different player. It does not mean or imply that other team is better. We have a perfect example in Leonard Williams. We are the tenative leader for him at the moment. If the Gators get Jonathan Boullard then LW is all ours but if the Gators miss on Boullard then it will be very difficult for AU to fend off an all out Gator push for LW. That is why I pay close attention to what other teams are doing in recruiting. I see how it affects Auburn in recruiting.

Archived