Deon Bush

El Tiburon

Bush is in Oregon, his parents are in Auburn. End of story!

We may have a winner...

So, would we take both Geno Smith and Bush?

I think they're both CB's and we already have Holsey...... :dunno:

Yes we would. From what I've heard/understand. We're taking the best 4 DBs we can and letting the exact positions they play be sorted out after they arrive.

What about safety? Who's in there?

Deon Bush is more of a safety in the mold of an Eric Berry/Ed Reed type in that he could potentially be a ballhawk, where as Erique Florence is more of a headhunter, in the box type of safety. OR Bush could end up a Carlos Rogers type of DB.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JHoke says the Bush family is meeting with Troop, Lolley and Roof. I'm sure Chizik will at least make a phone call since he can't be there. Have I ever said that I love this staff. These guys a working hard(earning every dollar) while a lot of other coaches are on vacation.

Bush is in Oregon, his parents are in Auburn. End of story!

We may have a winner...

So, would we take both Geno Smith and Bush?

I think they're both CB's and we already have Holsey...... :dunno:

Yes we would. From what I've heard/understand. We're taking the best 4 DBs we can and letting the exact positions they play be sorted out after they arrive.

What about safety? Who's in there?

Deon Bush is more of a safety in the mold of an Eric Berry/Ed Reed type in that he could potentially be a ballhawk, where as Erique Florence is more of a headhunter, in the box type of safety. OR Bush could end up a Carlos Rogers type of DB.

Yes a safety like JL.  Geno and Josh will be shut down CB's

ESPN ARTICLE TODAY

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6744096

One in the hand?

Deon Bush knows what most are thinking: that he's a lock to play for his hometown Miami Hurricanes.

Yet, the Miami (Fla.) Christoper Columbus star maintains he's still considering Florida State (his favorite childhood team), Auburn, LSU, Alabama and possibly even Purdue, where his brother plays.

But when he talks about Miami, it's easy to see why many think he'll be a Hurricane.

"That's a great school," the four-star athlete said. "It's close to home. That's probably the best situation as far as finding [early] playing time. It's a great place."

So does Miami lead for Bush's services?

"I wouldn't say it's a lead yet," said Bush, the No. 5 safety in the country. "That's great what they offer me, but I want to look at other places, too."

Bush said he likes LSU because former Tigers cornerback Patrick Peterson caught his eye.

As for Auburn, Bush said, "I like their coaching staff. Coach [Gene] Chizik is a real cool person, a family man. It's like a family atmosphere around there. They just won a national championship. That's another good thing."

Bush, who says he doesn't know when he'll make his decision, also has grown fond of his Auburn recruiter, Trooper Taylor, who has had success for various teams while recruiting in South Florida.

"That's got to be one of the best guys," he said. "I've never met a coach like Trooper."

Another coach, Alabama's Nick Saban, offers a great chance for improvement with his hands-on coaching style in the secondary.

"He gets a lot of people in the NFL," Bush said. "He's great at what he does."

Bush has family in Tallahassee and has been impressed with the talent Florida State is amassing.

"I want to play with the best and I want to play against the best," he said.

Purdue has his brother and a familiar feel but seems to be a bit of a dark horse. All other schools might be as well if it's too tough for Bush to leave Miami.

"I won't say 'tough,'" said Bush, who said he plans to take all five of his official visits this fall. "I'm just going to go to the best place for me."

Another miami commit commented to an espn reporter that Bush was a heavy Miami lean. Hopefully he takes his talents out of south beach

WIth all these Miami recruits saying he is a silent commit and ruining his moment to announce, you would think that it would bother Mr. Bush a little bit.  In my mind it shows that you can't trust your future teammates if they can't keep it a secret and let you have your day in the spotlight..... :dunno: :dunno:

WIth all these Miami recruits saying he is a silent commit and ruining his moment to announce, you would think that it would bother Mr. Bush a little bit.  In my mind it shows that you can't trust your future teammates if they can't keep it a secret and let you have your day in the spotlight..... :dunno: :dunno:

Seems like a bit of a stretch...

He may end up at Miami, but I would say right now that he is more of an "AU lean" than UM.

Well, one could say the same thing about Geno Smith and all of our commits.

He's an Auburn lean at this time.

Thanks for that smuphy!  :tease:

He may end up at Miami, but I would say right now that he is more of an "AU lean" than UM.

WIth all these Miami recruits saying he is a silent commit and ruining his moment to announce, you would think that it would bother Mr. Bush a little bit.  In my mind it shows that you can't trust your future teammates if they can't keep it a secret and let you have your day in the spotlight.....

A year under Yox will take to from AU "lean" to AU "BEAST" ;D ;D

WIth all these Miami recruits saying he is a silent commit and ruining his moment to announce, you would think that it would bother Mr. Bush a little bit.  In my mind it shows that you can't trust your future teammates if they can't keep it a secret and let you have your day in the spotlight.....

A year under Yox will take to from AU "lean" to AU "BEAST" ;D ;D

What he ^ said.

JHoke says the Bush family is meeting with Troop, Lolley and Roof. I'm sure Chizik will at least make a phone call since he can't be there. Have I ever said that I love this staff. These guys a working hard(earning every dollar) while a lot of other coaches are on vacation.

We won't see any of this bunch duck hunting in the middle of recruiting season!

If we do, it'll be because we already have all our ducks in a row.    ;)

If we do, it'll be because we already have all our ducks in a row.     ;)

They did their Duck hunting in January.  ;D

Any details on how his parents enjoyed their visit? Article on Rivals I see...anyone care to elaborate?

They had an excellent visit! Bush's father, Garrett, came with Deon on his recent visit to AU.... so this was his 2nd time visiting in less than a month.

Per 247sports.com

“We just like the family atmosphere at the school,” he said. “We just wanted to come back and talk to the coaches. My wife didn’t come the first time, so I wanted her to check things out for herself. She was impressed. There is no timeline,” Garrett Bush said. “I just know that Auburn is one of his top schools”

Meanwhile, Deon was interviewed out at the Opening and announced that he was adding LSU to his list of finalists. He says that he got a chance to hang out with Patrick Peterson at the camp, and apparently the former All-SEC DB convinced Bush to give the Bengal Tigers another look. Bush says that at one time LSU was "probably (his) top school that (he) was looking at"...

Regardless, as I said before, parents of recruits do NOT bring their parents with them to a school unless they are VERY serious about that school.... and they CERTAINLY do not send their parents back to check out that same school less than a month later, unless they are seiously considering committing to that school! I still believe that we are "#1" with Bush at them moment, and I expect us to strengthen our "lead" after Bush's OV to AU this fall, unless something happens to cause his to completely change his mind.... which NEVER happens in recruiting.... RIGHT?!?  :-X:P

So we are recruiting Deon, Geno, Josh all as CB's!  Alot of talent there!

No my good friend. You must have missed the discussion but we are recruiting them as DBs and we will slot them where we need them when they get to the Plains.

No my good friend. You must have missed the discussion but we are recruiting them as DBs and we will slot them where we need them when they get to the Plains.

Thanks bro.  I must say Josh is looking very impressive in the camps he is attending!  This kid is gonna be AUSOME!  Will also add AB may lead our team in sacks this year as a freshman!

Josh Holsey said Deon told him AU was on top. Cane fanes are claiming several of their commits say he is going to commit to UM any day now. This one will be interesting. UM wants Bush very bad.

Archived