Alabama High School Football

Tiger in Spain

I just saw the latest AHSAA poll (Link), and I have a big question to ask of anyone on the board that follows HS sports back home.

In class 6A, why is Daphne (with a 1-2 record) ranked #8 in the state ahead of several quality teams with 3-1 records (Hewitt-Trussville, Spain Park, Thompson, etc)? This makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

I am glad to see my Pell City Panthers FINALLY get some respect!! This is their first year back up in 6A, and they are the smallest school (enrollment wise) in this classification. In addition, they play a total of 4 home games this year. They are the Road Warriors of the state!!

CT, there is going to be a heck of a game Friday night up in you old stomping grounds. #2 Oneonta is playing #3 ranked Springville. They both have looked really good this season.

CT, there is going to be a heck of a game Friday night up in you old stomping grounds. #2 Oneonta is playing #3 ranked Springville. They both have looked really good this season.

i know! :cheer: this one has me worried, of course, but hey...it should be a great game. fortunately for the redskins, it's gonna be played in oneonta. springville has been fielding pretty solid teams of late, and oneonta reached the state finals last year, so its good to see that good high school football is being played around there these days.

i wonder if wcrl/wkld carries an internet feed...

PHS Lions....number 2 baby. Maybe they'll make it back to state in this the 20th year since....

The first EVER 6A state champions.

CT, Oneonta beat Springville 19-16 in double overtime. Man, I wish I could have gone to that one.

OT, TIS, that is a great pic of a Arleigh Burke Aegis class destroyer in your sig...

Being a former cruiser FC, I LOVE it (in the imortal words of Dick Cheney, Big Time) !!!

Arleigh Burkes are the best ships in the fleet. I will never forget my time on the Cole.

I was fortunate enough to ride USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55) about a month and a half ago or so. Cruisers aren't bad, but I am forever sold on the DDG's.

O-N-E-O-N-T-A, Oneonta all the way!

GO REDSKINS!

DOUBLE OT!!! WOW! **don't the HS games start on the 10 yard line instead of hte 25?**

must've been a real defensive struggle... i bet that place was going wild. Springville is close enough to have brought a ton of people on their own!

man i miss HS football sometimes.

ct

GO REDSKINS!

DOUBLE OT!!! WOW! **don't the HS games start on the 10 yard line instead of hte 25?**

must've been a real defensive struggle... i bet that place was going wild.  Springville is close enough to have brought a ton of people on their own!

ct

108665[/snapback]

Nope. Still start on the 25. Unless you play for Prattville....Then you don't need no stink'in overtime! :lol::P

GO REDSKINS!

must've been a real defensive struggle... i bet that place was going wild.  Springville is close enough to have brought a ton of people on their own!

ct

108665[/snapback]

Nope. Still start on the 25. Unless you play for Prattville....Then you don't need no stink'in overtime! :lol::P

108912[/snapback]

for real? did it EVER start on the 10 yard line in HS? even way back in my day? or maybe i was just dreaming that.

My Mountain Brook Spartans are looking tough again as always. It amazes me how they are always highly ranked despite having no african american players or big time D-1 prospects. Joey Jones has done wonders for that program since taking over. We were a laughing stock before he arrived.

isn't JJ's name tossed about for some college positions from time to time...either as a HC of a smaller school, or an assistant on some bigger program's staff?

he is going a tremendous job there...

I remember JJ's name being tossed around as a possible Bama assistant on Mike Prices' staff. I think it would take a really good offer to pull him away from Mountain Brook though. He was making 75K a year when I was there in 98. Not too shabby for a highschool football coach.

I remember JJ's name being tossed around as a possible Bama assistant on Mike Prices' staff. I think it would take a really good offer to pull him away from Mountain Brook though. He was making 75K a year when I was there in 98. Not too shabby for a highschool football coach.

109270[/snapback]

Probably only about $5 an hour when you break it down. That's why I did not go into coaching. Too many hours! Sounds like a cool job till you get kids and a wife. They sometimes get upset when they don't get to see you much!

Archived