2012 5* RB T.J. Yeldon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Our RB situation has gotten better in a hurry. I for one am glad. I was really worried about the lack of depth we had at that position.

Yesssss.  So many of you have beeen whining, moaning, grumbling, and crying wolf.  Now we have McCaleb, Dyer, Morgan, Blakely, Bray, and Mason, with Yeldon, and maybe Grant plus Marshall or Sanders copeople

Trust the staff, people!  The best recruiting/in game coaching combo in the country!

If you are talking about discusions for the upcoming season then it is still true that AU is thin at RB.  It would really help if MB was allowed to play next season.  Either way if Dyer gets hurt we are depending on Morgan or a true freshman to take 20+ carries per game.  I love OMac, and he does not get enough credit, but I don't see Gus asking him to carry 20-25 times a game.  Tre and Mike are in great hands with Coach Luper but sometimes freshman take longer to pick up the offense (running and blocking), or adapt to the speed of the game.   Long term we have a great foundation.  But yeah next year could be tricky even though the future is promising.  

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all these updates, but has todd closed on any of his subjects today.  Dont get me wrong i would love to have Melvin and Wilson but dont want to get to excited until its offical.

His info is pretty legit. The Mods are allowing it to stay up, so what do you think? He was the first to announce Weldon to AU earlier today. Even though I'm sure a few other Mods knew this. He's presenting some reliable info. We should all be thankful that it's free!  :thumbsup:

I hope he gets his #4.  With Zac graduating and the unfortunate departure of Kitchens, it is wide open I think.

Some guy named Geno might fight him for it...

Great to get TJ on board!  This is shaping up to be a more than stellar class... great players and great kids (and families) all-around!

I hope he gets his #4.  With Zac graduating and the unfortunate departure of Kitchens, it is wide open I think.

Great to get TJ on board!  This is shaping up to be a more than stellar class... great players and great kids (and families) all-around!

They should both be able to wear it. Etheridge and Kitchens did this past year...

I am so psyched with this one. I recently moved from B'ham to the Eastern Shore, and there are some fine athletes here. TJ is the real deal. This is a real blow to the Bammers here that think they own Mobile. Welcome the Yeldons to the family. They are a great fit and TJ is a class act. He could be a star anywhere in the country. I look forward to seeing him shed the purple for Orange and Blue  War Eagle!!

I love all these updates, but has todd closed on any of his subjects today.  Dont get me wrong i would love to have Melvin and Wilson but dont want to get to excited until its offical.

His info is pretty legit. The Mods are allowing it to stay up, so what do you think? He was the first to announce Weldon to AU earlier today. Even though I'm sure a few other Mods knew this. He's presenting some reliable info. We should all be thankful that it's free!  :thumbsup:

I agree. Todd has been spot on so far and I very much appreciate his info!

Auburn would take Jovon Robinson and Keith Marshall at RB.

Kenno Loyal is the highest on the list if they decide to take a FB/HB

Sanders Jr is a very long shot at this point on both ends. He is visiting AU in the fall but they would have to miss out on a few others in order to take him.

AUBourne, I was about to write the exact same post you just wrote.  You are spot on.  The future looks brilliant.  

We really need our backs to stay healthy in 2011.

They should both be able to wear it. Etheridge and Kitchens did this past year...

I know... I just hate duplicated #'s...

Carl Stewart was 6'2" and 224 lbs, I remember his two touchdowns in the Cotton Bowl against Nebraska in 2006 I think...

i'm glad that someone remembered Carl Stewart. he probably would've had a lot of success in Malzahn's offense.

I think you are right.  I remember Carl having some success making big plays running the wheel route on occasion.

So do we consider him the 4th commit from Big Cat?   :dunno:

:wedance:

And spot on AUND73 with welcoming Mr. and Mrs. Tim and Kim Yeldon!

Yes and a few more to come.  JS doesn't post often cause he has other things to tend right now but he called it when he said winning the NC helped us alot.

So do we consider him the 4th commit from Big Cat?   :dunno:

:wedance:

And spot on AUND73 with welcoming Mr. and Mrs. Tim and Kim Yeldon!

Yes and a few more to come.  JS doesn't post often cause he has other things to tend right now but he called it when he said winning the NC helped us alot.

I think he's actually the fifth. Shane Callahan, Ricky Parks, Ricardo Louis and Dee Liner came before.

Running back T.J. Yeldon commits to Auburn with a competitive drive

by Charles Goldberg

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn running backs coach Curtis Luper was impressed enough with T.J. Yeldon's abilities to offer him a scholarship the Monday after he saw him as a sophomore in a state playoff game a couple of years ago. Tuesday, the Daphne High School running back said yes to the offer.

The No. 1 running back in Alabama committed to the Tigers, saying he'll be a member of their 2012 signing class. He chose Auburn over Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Florida State and Oregon, among others; and heads into his senior season rated the No. 5 running back in the country by Rivals and the No. 2 all-purpose back in the nation by 247 Sports and the top running back in the state by Scout.

But Daphne coach Glenn Vickery said Yeldon is more than recruiting rankings.

"One, he's very competitive. That's where it starts with him. Two, he's very athletic. He's a strong kid," Vickery said. "He has tremendous hands as a receiver. He sees the open field well as far as cutting and doing the things good ball-carriers do.

Read more: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/running_back_tj_yeldon_commits.html

I know this commitment wasn't totally unexpected, but I am so relieved it has finally come about. This guy is one exciting player with a ton of upside. Outstanding pickup! WDE.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived