REC

catch8185

I just read something a little earlier that finally cleared up what I've wondered for a while which is what 'REC' meant.  (Red Elephant Club).  I have heard it mentioned numerous times recently here on the board, but never really have heard of it before that.  Any body got any facts on this thing?  Like when did it start?  (With Lil' Nicky ... or since the days of the Bahr??)  Or is it just one of those understood things that people don't talk about, but you just know exists?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last sentence pretty much says all you need to know.  I don't think it is legal to support current athletes.

Their Mission Statement:

We are an elite group of individuals who will support the University of Alabama Football Program enthusiastically and wholeheartedly in a manner that will showcase our first class organization displaying the pride and tradition of the University of Alabama. We will provide donations to assist with funding football scholarships. We will strive to support our current and former football athletes as well as our football coaching staff in any possible way.

This is from their web site, under who we (REC) are:

-- We are an elite group of individuals who will support the University of Alabama Football Program enthusiastically and wholeheartedly in a manner that will showcase our first class organization displaying the pride and tradition of the University of Alabama. We will provide donations to assist with funding football scholarships. We will strive to support our current and former football athletes as well as our football coaching staff in any possible way. --

Not as bad as some make them out to be....some members may be the sleazy/underbelly type, but not all of them. I know at least one member than honestly hopes Auburn is clean. Maybe he is the exception rather than the rule.

I do not know if they have horns or only tusks.

They have the reputation of the grown ups version of The Machine down there.

Best description in the thread and the most accurate one too.

Not as bad as some make them out to be....some members may be the sleazy/underbelly type, but not all of them. I know at least one member than honestly hopes Auburn is clean. Maybe he is the exception rather than the rule.

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing... :-X

Hehehhe... REC I guess has been around for a while.  Well at least a lot longer than the SOS (Sons of Sabin)... heheheh have you seen that organization.  Sons of Saban.... Sounds kind of cultlike.

Yes it is real

Sons of Saban | Facebook

Sons of Saban - The Sons of Saban is an Ultimate Tailgating Club. It sole purpose is to celebrate Alabama Football to the highest level. For membership information ...

www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-of-Saban

Sad.........

OMG!!!  You just have to laugh at the updykes and their blind worship of a bad-tempered football coach who isn't even the best one out there......

Archived