AVERY YOUNG, Palm Beach Gardens

Wish I could get some A.U. shipped up this way. Never will forget my little girls' first visit to Auburn. Two statements...

"Daddy everybody is dressed like us and there's no Alabama stuff" and "can we please live here".

Even at 9 years old, she is verbally badgered for her team and that comes from parents because they don't know what newspapers and talk radio is (she has gotten worse than me in her allegiance and that's saying something). It has gotten progressively uglier since 2009 in all areas including recruiting. I know if Avery could just spend a little time around the real people of Auburn without the haterade, it would be no contest.

i live in bham (originally from florida) and i cant believe the crap my children tell me are said to them by other kids regarding the auburn/alabama rivalry ... i live in a nice community, these are not illiterate/redneck kids and parents ... the only way these kids learn this type of stuff is from their parents.  it disturbs me.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could get some A.U. shipped up this way. Never will forget my little girls' first visit to Auburn. Two statements...

"Daddy everybody is dressed like us and there's no Alabama stuff" and "can we please live here".

Even at 9 years old, she is verbally badgered for her team and that comes from parents because they don't know what newspapers and talk radio is (she has gotten worse than me in her allegiance and that's saying something). It has gotten progressively uglier since 2009 in all areas including recruiting. I know if Avery could just spend a little time around the real people of Auburn without the haterade, it would be no contest.

i live in bham (originally from florida) and i cant believe the crap my children tell me are said to them by other kids regarding the auburn/alabama rivalry ... i live in a nice community, these are not illiterate/redneck kids and parents ... the only way these kids learn this type of stuff is from their parents.  it disturbs me.

Wow! I have no kids so I am not exposed to that but it bugs me there is that much hatred in these kids already for Auburn. That's tragic.

Wow! I have no kids so I am not exposed to that but it bugs me there is that much hatred in these kids already for Auburn. That's tragic.

I had to get onto 2 of my nephews (uat fans) for constantly getting in my 4 year old's face, saying say rt! I started getting in their face and saying say War Eagle, over and over. They got aggrovated and stopped. I will never forgive my sister for letting her Updyke husband brainwash them. Atleast their little sister is All In! Can you guess which one is my favorite?  :thumbsup:

he will be pushing off his decision until national signing day. All of the coaching changes on our side have scared him off his original date. Says uga and us still his top two but may bring other s back into the mix. There will be more.

If this is true, then this sounds good...we just need to make a good splash on the hire.

If a guy pushes his decision off because a school he likes has a lot of changes, it usually means they're on or near the top...logically. I dunno though.

• 2 weeks later...

Really think it is a AU-UGA thing with all OL commits Gators already have. Don't know why miami posters thought he was coming there- UGA losing three OL starters but AU losing two and short on OT right now- Of course it would prolly help to have an OC-

• 2 weeks later...

A LOT of mixed information is swirling. Rumors say it's an AL/AU, AU/UGA, or AU/UGA/AL/Miami/UF battle. The good news in all of this is that Auburn is the only common denominator in all of these. Should be an interesting few weeks.

I keep hearing UGA ... goodtimes

The dity dawgs are like Bammers. They think they are getting everybody.

Bama does get everybody  ...  its called oversigning

Bama does get everybody   ...   its called oversigning

or optimizing the roster. Don't forget we signed 32 the year we got Cam.

Payed 180,00 also  ballin

Yeah but we got that investment back on his first paycheck.  :laugh:

Yeah but we got that investment back on his first paycheck.  :laugh:

If a NC only cost that much I am ALL IN EVER YEAR ;D

the bleacher report predicted us to land him.

That's usually bad news

Your avi always makes me say  stay thirsty my friends  .... damn i am thirsty  ... wth

Scout reports that his dad said that it is not between AU & UGA but rather between AU & bama. Makes you think either he is already committed to AU and we're sticking it to bama or bama has $$$ (You know what they do).

[

I do not have a problem with "oversigning" if "oversigning" means signing more than 25 players.  I have a huge problem with "oversigning" which requires current players to be cut from the team due to numbers greater than 85.  When I refer to bama oversigning I am talking about the 10- 15 guys who must be cut every year.  When Auburn signed 32 no player had to be removed from the roster due to having numbers over 85.  I am not picking on ellitor and I appreciate all of his hard work on the recruiting board.  I just want to clarify MY problem with teams which oversign kids in Feb. and spend June, July and August cutting current players.   

I do not have a problem with "oversigning" if "oversigning" means signing more than 25 players.  I have a huge problem with "oversigning" which requires current players to be cut from the team due to numbers greater than 85.  When I refer to bama oversigning I am talking about the 10- 15 guys who must be cut every year.  When Auburn signed 32 no player had to be removed from the roster due to having numbers over 85.  I am not picking on ellitor and I appreciate all of his hard work on the recruiting board.  I just want to clarify MY problem with teams which oversign kids in Feb. and spend June, July and August cutting current players.   

No need to clarify. I knew exactly what you meant but that shot can be taken at another time when it applies. They are going to need everyone of the 28 players they are going to sign to be at an 85 man roster because of the number of players graduating and the amount of juniors that will go into the draft.

Archived