AVERY YOUNG, Palm Beach Gardens

I hope not, but I have read where the two don't get along.... :dunno:

Where did you read that? IO did not even know they ever talked.

They have camped together- But Miller knew Avery was prolly headed to AU when he changed his mind & entered AUB-

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be some good competition for that RT spot!  :cool:

I thought that Slade had it all wraped up you think a freshman could come in and beat him out?

I thought that Slade had it all wraped up you think a freshman could come in and beat him out?

Grimes will play a freshman in a heart beat if he is the best player. I thought Slade looked better as a guard than at tackle. I look for Robinson, Dismukes, and Westerman to start, but the other 2 spots are up for grabs IMO.

Grimes will play a freshman in a heart beat if he is the best player. I thought Slade looked better as a guard than at tackle. I look for Robinson, Dismukes, and Westerman to start, but the other 2 spots are up for grabs IMO.

O i thought that those three with slade at tackle and mack and that bunch battle it out for the other guard

Avery young is a beast, he doesn't look like he is a tackle.  When I saw him in person I did not know who he was until I was told.  I thought he was an NFL player that was a linebacker, he doesn't look like your average tackle.  He looks like an NFL defensive end.  No kidding

Pros and cons to Slade. He was vital because he could play in any spot. Downside is he didn't stay at one spot long enough to be consistant. I think he will be an excellent RT, and I look for Mack/O'Reilly/Sullen combo at RG.

UGA just lost one of their OL commits due to GA state immigration law. AY is now their biggest remaining target.

Who did they lose? Is he an OT, and can he immigrate to AL?  :)

Does Grimes get enough credit for his recruiting skills?  From my observations, Grimes gets most of what I can only guess are his top recruits.  Go get 'em CJG!

UGA just lost one of their OL commits due to GA state immigration law. AY is now their biggest remaining target.

UGA have 10 open spots and had AY at the top of their list regardless.

Per PalmBeachPost staff writer Matt Porter: "mattyports Matt Porter

#Auburn OC Scot Loeffler will visit Avery Young at PBGardens tomorrow with OL coach Jeff Grimes and WR coach Trooper Taylor.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply."

"mattyports Matt Porter

@

@mbrown1247 I would not be surprised by either Auburn, Florida or Georgia. The only real shock would be Miami.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply"

"mattyports Matt Porter

@

@GarnettDavid Hard to tell. I'd guess Auburn, but Florida or Georgia would be no shock to me. Miami would be a shock.

47 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply"

ZACH'S 1/25 MAILBAG is Orlando paper blog (non-prem) which predicted the final group for Gators. Regarding OT Young he states:

OL Avery Young (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Palm Beach Gardens)

Announcment: NSD, 2 p.m.

I have Young in my mock class (see below), but I feel the least confident about him. He’s kept things close to the vest throughout his recruitment and it’s hard to get a read on him. Auburn, Florida and Georgia are his top three teams, but it’s thought to be a race between the Tigers and Gators. In my opinion, his decision will come down to his parents. He lives with his dad down south, but his mom lives near Auburn and she wants him close to her. If you consider the mileage, UF is the “fairest” school in regards to how far each parent would have to drive to watch Young play. That’s why I ultimately think he will end up at Florida, but I wouldn’t be the least-bit shocked if he went elsewhere.

Where does his mother live?? Zach also firmly believe Diggs to UF cause his mother has only visited that school, FWIW-

ZACH'S 1/25 MAILBAG is Orlando paper blog (non-prem) which predicted the final group for Gators. Regarding OT Young he states:

OL Avery Young (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Palm Beach Gardens)

Announcment: NSD, 2 p.m.

I have Young in my mock class (see below), but I feel the least confident about him. He’s kept things close to the vest throughout his recruitment and it’s hard to get a read on him. Auburn, Florida and Georgia are his top three teams, but it’s thought to be a race between the Tigers and Gators. In my opinion, his decision will come down to his parents. He lives with his dad down south, but his mom lives near Auburn and she wants him close to her. If you consider the mileage, UF is the “fairest” school in regards to how far each parent would have to drive to watch Young play. That’s why I ultimately think he will end up at Florida, but I wouldn’t be the least-bit shocked if he went elsewhere.

Where does his mother live?? Zach also firmly believe Diggs to UF cause his mother has only visited that school, FWIW-

FWIW Young is announcing at 1PM CST and it will be televised on ESPN.

His mom lives near me.  About an hour south of Columbus. My mom actually ran into her at cvs today she wants him to go to Auburn because it's so close to her.

Archived