Phillip Marshall - A Mess at the NCAA

around4ever

Nice article and I tend to agree. This is all starting to get a little silly. It seems the actual game of Football has become ancillary to all of this off-season jawing between fans.

In all seriousness, I wish I could pull for all the teams in our state to win when they aren't playing us. I wish I could have pulled for bammer in the BCS NC game but since the fans are such piles of crap and want nothing more than for Auburn to be destroyed, I can't do it, I couldn't make myself pull for bammer if it would save my life. I'm just not programmed to pull for those updykes. The best scenario would be for Auburn and bammer to be at full strength every year and have the West Championship come down to the Iron Bowl every season.

In all seriousness, I wish I could pull for all the teams in our state to win when they aren't playing us. I wish I could have pulled for bammer in the BCS NC game but since the fans are such piles of crap and want nothing more than for Auburn to be destroyed, I can't do it, I couldn't make myself pull for bammer if it would save my life. I'm just not programmed to pull for those updykes. The best scenario would be for Auburn and bammer to be at full strength every year and have the West Championship come down to the Iron Bowl every season.

Right on, Brother! When UAT dipsticks get in your face about how fervently they are rooting for Oregon in the BCSCG, it's very, very, very hard to feel the love and respect for them that one should (under normal circumstances).

This is the gospel right here. Their fans ( a lot of them anyway) have such an awful attitude it makes it impossible to have any kind of respect for them. There are crazies who root for every team, but the bammers take it to a whole different level.

This is the gospel right here. Their fans ( a lot of them anyway) have such an awful attitude it makes it impossible to have any kind of respect for them. There are crazies who root for every team, but the bammers take it to a whole different level.

Yes, yes and yes!!!

The NCAA could cut down on being flooded with 'tips' by implementing a different policy on how it will accept 'tips' and information.  Something as simple as a processing fee would cut down on a lot of it.

never been a member of a pay site, but i like b. matt ... i really like p. marsh.  i know he slants things to his paying members and glosses things in our direction a little, it is after all a for profit business ... but you can always take to the bank his decades as a journalistic professional!  we could debate the virtues of each recruiting service, but if i join a pay site, it would be auc because of p. marsh.

Agree weegle; I have tried to pull for those folks before and almost did against Notre Dame years ago but then decided I would hope for a rie. Can`t even do that now.

The NCAA could cut down on being flooded with 'tips' by implementing a different policy on how it will accept 'tips' and information.  Something as simple as a processing fee would cut down on a lot of it.

GREAT IDEA! Then they could use those fees to fund more investigators.

Let me also add, maybe if your tip leads to a violation, you get a cash reward (or at least your fee back).

We also need a way, an incentive if you will, to get HS players to turn in people who are offering illegal inducements. Coaches and Boosters need to THINK that every recruit they speak with is, or at least might be, wearing a wire.

Great article. should be posted to every message board, branded across BSPN, Printed in every newspaper, and sports magazine across the country.

I also took the time to read through the responces. The following is the best one:

There is a simple fix for all of this. The NCAA should officially "and IMMEDIATELY" enact a policy that they will ONLY investigate or consider allegations that come from a member institution DIRECTLY. That will then force the fans/boosters/alumni to turn over any and all allegations directly to their favorite school's athletic compliance department. The NCAA will direct each institution to THOROUGHLY verify any allegations before passing them on to the NCAA as legitimate or they could face a charge equal to "filing a false police report" and be fined heavily. I'll bet within ONE MONTH of the UAT compliance department having to spend every waking hour of their lives sorting thru the cesspool of lies and false allegations by their fan base, that Lord Saban would tell them all to dial it back about 1000 notches!

Posted by 94TigerBand on the article.

and I totally agree with it.

War Eagle!

I disagree.

The NCAA caught Marvin Austin and other UNC players, as well as AJ Greene, receiving extra benefits from an agent because of a facebook post. If they're gonna have rules, then they'd better enforce them so that everyone has to live by them. That's just a matter of fairness. To make sure that every player/school is following the rules, they need to have the enforcement/investigative staff necessary to follow every potential instance of misconduct. With the availability of information out there, it's easier to catch cheaters than ever--you just need enough people sifting through it all.

Thanks to the Todd for passing on the info and pics regarding T-Town Menswear!  :thumbsup: Without raising the profile of the owner's actions, that scumbag would still be profiting off of current Bama players.

Agree weegle; I have tried to pull for those folks before and almost did against Notre Dame years ago but then decided I would hope for a rie. Can`t even do that now.

If UAT and ND play each other, I'd like to see some new rule implemented where both of them could lose.     

Archived