TR

Tiger Oak

So I have today seen pictures of Trent Richardson signing jerseys with his name on them and having dinner with the owner of that men's clothing store at a Japanese steak house. Is his amateur status not in serious jeopardy at this point? I mean if the media had 1/4 of the evidence against Cam as they have against TR he would have had to sit out last season. I can't stand the witch hunt that has been done against Auburn and I equally can't stand actual violations documented in pictures being swept under the rug.

All I know is, the NCAA better be on the way or at least making travel arrangements to Tuscaloosa.  I don't know if they can ignore this one.  I expect pics of our players with men of this sort (suit guy) will start popping up soon.  I hope I'm wrong.

I am going to be extremely pissed if no investigation is done on this. However, I think we are far from hearing the last of this. As August approaches, so does the "10". Maybe it is about bammer. The suit-gate business is starting to heat up albeit slowly.

All I know is, the NCAA better be on the way or at least making travel arrangements to Tuscaloosa.  I don't know if they can ignore this one.  I expect pics of our players with men of this sort (suit guy) will start popping up soon.  I hope I'm wrong.

Do you have information that our players did this or do you think that it is common place?

:aufb:

No info AT ALL!  Sorry if I made it sound like I knew something.  Just know that the bammernems are digging.

A number of years ago AU got nailed because some players were being "outiftted" by a clothing manufacturer in Georgia and I think that got lumped in with other violations back in the 60s or so.  But, seems like that with less than a hundred scholarship football players at most schools and about one coach or staff member for every half dozen players, the athletic department at any school could (and should) be able to keep up with stuff like this UNLESS they find it better to be out of the loop and therefore, allow the coach (like at UNC) to claim ignorance.  This cease and desist letter is a total joke and I don't think anyone at the UAT compliance office really believes it relieves them of any responsibilty. 

Auburn and Alabama players have a million eyes on them and should know that stuff like "suitgate"  will eventually show up on a blog somewhere.    Every team meeting should start with a two minute sermon on compliance.

Well, if Alabama has been doing it at least as far back as Prothro, maybe everyone got complacent and didn't think anything of it or that it was even wrong....Until Ohio State that is.

Just think, if Trent Richardson were declared ineligible, who would've dropped that sure thing TD in the Iron Bowl last yr? 

One thing the Updykes have going for them....no matter how bad it gets for them, they'll never have to vacate last year's Iron Bowl. 

A number of years ago AU got nailed because some players were being "outiftted" by a clothing manufacturer in Georgia and I think that got lumped in with other violations back in the 60s or so.  But, seems like that with less than a hundred scholarship football players at most schools and about one coach or staff member for every half dozen players, the athletic department at any school could (and should) be able to keep up with stuff like this UNLESS they find it better to be out of the loop and therefore, allow the coach (like at UNC) to claim ignorance.   This cease and desist letter is a total joke and I don't think anyone at the UAT compliance office really believes it relieves them of any responsibilty. 

Auburn and Alabama players have a million eyes on them and should know that stuff like "suitgate"  will eventually show up on a blog somewhere.    Every team meeting should start with a two minute sermon on compliance.

I believe your talking about Roy B. Sewell who owned  many clothing manf. companies in Ga. Back in the day on recruiting trips to Auburn in the 60's each recruit may end up with at least 4 new suits after taking a trip thru Mr. Sewell warehouse. Mr Sewell was one great guy and a huge Auburn supporter. Man those were thr days

A number of years ago AU got nailed because some players were being "outiftted" by a clothing manufacturer in Georgia and I think that got lumped in with other violations back in the 60s or so.  But, seems like that with less than a hundred scholarship football players at most schools and about one coach or staff member for every half dozen players, the athletic department at any school could (and should) be able to keep up with stuff like this UNLESS they find it better to be out of the loop and therefore, allow the coach (like at UNC) to claim ignorance.   This cease and desist letter is a total joke and I don't think anyone at the UAT compliance office really believes it relieves them of any responsibilty. 

I believe your talking about Roy B. Sewell who owned  many clothing manf. companies in Ga. Back in the day on recruiting trips to Auburn in the 60's each recruit may end up with at least 4 new suits after taking a trip thru Mr. Sewell warehouse. Mr Sewell was one great guy and a huge Auburn supporter. Man those were thr days

Those were indeed the days and it didn't necessarily end when they graduated. I knew one unamed player from Banks High School who got an arm load of suits and sport coats for fifty dollars, long after he graduated.

no matter how bad it gets for them, they'll never have to vacate last year's Iron Bowl. 

You got that right!!!  :we:

HEY BAMA...Want to see a magic trick?

Watch how fast the NCAA can turn your 13 National Championships (cough,cough) into 12.  :'(

Auburn University even named the Athletic Dorm after him.  :dunno:  ;D

Mr. Sewell is from my hometown of Bremen, GA. Up until recently he was the largest contributing donor to Auburn. I believe he gave around 16 million. Loved Auburn more than anyone I have ever met.

I got a few reduced suits from him myself, so it wasnt just an athlete discount.

Not to hijack the thread but was is this "10" I've been hearing about today?

No, the Yahoo Sports guy said today that he is still working on it and everyone will have to wait.

Not to hijack the thread but was is this "10" I've been hearing about today?

No, the Yahoo Sports guy said today that he is still working on it and everyone will have to wait.

It better be worth all the hype.... :laugh:

You know I think that I bought some suits from that warehouse. They were nice suits at a resonable price. A long time ago!

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

Those were indeed the days and it didn't necessarily end when they graduated. I knew one unamed player from Banks High School who got an arm load of suits and sport coats for fifty dollars, long after he graduated.

I know who your talking about there

Auburn University even named the Athletic Dorm after him.   :dunno:   ;D

True, just a great man and a true AU fan. He never went to college but he loved Auburn

Archived