Cameron Luper

CR

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be tough on Trooper and Luper to go home and explain to your son that there are other players higher on the board. I know there is no relation, but imagine how you would feel if your Dad didn't pick you for the little league team he coached because there were better players still left to choose from.  :-[

I'm pretty sure these young men have a better understanding of the situation than most prospects. At the end of the day I would be surprised if neither of them ended up on the team if their fathers are still coaching.

Well, from what I have read, this young man is being recruited heavily by TCU, I don't remember for sure, but I think he is origionally from Texas, and he likes track, so TCU being only a year removed from a Rose Bowl victory would be a good place to go for anyone, especially since they are in the big 12 now.

Cam wants to run track and play football. He is looking for a school that will allow him to do both. From his comments, I get that he may be higher on the track side than football. Named a top group of AU, TCU, Ole Miss, and UNC.

Come on. The J is only one key over. It could have been an honest mistake. Besides he used and spelled "amongst" and "primarily" correctly in his post and no turd could have pulled that off.

On my keyboard the J is 2 letters over. :D

I counted keys between them.  ;D But my keyboard is a hand me down and the H key doesn't always stay between them.

If auburn doesn't end up signing him, I hope he goes to TCU they are my number two school and are getting so much better.

I am sure if Auburn doesn't sign him that the coaches will help him go somewhere.

If auburn doesn't end up signing him, I hope he goes to TCU they are my number two school and are getting so much better.

I am sure if Auburn doesn't sign him that the coaches will help him go somewhere.

Without doubt. Who would you like promoting your abilities and character. Cameron has been around the program long enough to get a few good references. AKA "The entire Auburn coaching staff." War Eagle Cameron !!!!!

why wouldn't we want to get him? He seems like a great prospect to me.

We have limited schollies to give out and frankly a number of receivers (his projected positions) and DB higher on our board.

What if Cam Luper could help land Foster ? He becomes the #1 WR in the country then.

;D

this is kind of the lines I was thinking along. I would gladly give two scholarships for RF and I've seen CL play a little and he looks really athletic. All it takes is for a kid to reach that place in their head that it just clicks and they fully understand the position they play. Coaches sons are much more likely to get there.

We have limited schollies to give out and frankly a number of receivers (his projected positions) and DB higher on our board.

What if Cam Luper could help land Foster ? He becomes the #1 WR in the country then.

;D

this is kind of the lines I was thinking along. I would gladly give two scholarships for RF and I've seen CL play a little and he looks really athletic. All it takes is for a kid to reach that place in their head that it just clicks and they fully understand the position they play. Coaches sons are much more likely to get there.

I know ya'll are all joking, but that scenario is just not fair to Cameron Luper.  I mean really, I am sure the kid has been told not to commit until the coaches say so, otherwise he would probably be a commit, and the only reason for recruiting him would be for RF?  Nah, I don't believe for one minute that woulr or could ever happen I have too much respect for the coaches for that mess, now at TTown that might be another story.

;D

Giving a scholly to Cameron is not necessary if the coaches have other players higher on the board at his projected position because the kid will and has recruited for Auburn whether he has a schooly or not.

;D

I know ya'll are all joking, but that scenario is just not fair to Cameron Luper.  I mean really, I am sure the kid has been told not to commit until the coaches say so, otherwise he would probably be a commit, and the only reason for recruiting him would be for RF?  Nah, I don't believe for one minute that woulr or could ever happen I have too much respect for the coaches for that mess, now at TTown that might be another story.

LOL, of course we were joking, hence the smiley face. But to your serious point. Cam Luper is an excellent athlete in his own right and he would be a great addition to the AU football team.

Plus he is good friends with Foster, lol, j/k.   :happydance:

if a superior athlete, that is also the son of the coaching coordinator, is a few slots down the recruiting board at WR/DB - then that most say an awful lot about the quality of the recruits auburn is looking at.

also, i have said this a ton - the fact that cam's dad is at auburn, may be the reason he DOES NOT come to auburn.  think back to when you were 18...

if a superior athlete, that is also the son of the coaching coordinator, is a few slots down the recruiting board at WR/DB - then that most say an awful lot about the quality of the recruits auburn is looking at.

also, i have said this a ton - the fact that cam's dad is at auburn, may be the reason he DOES NOT come to auburn.  think back to when you were 18...

Watch what you say. The turds will have that turned into Auburn inviting Cecil Newton back to collect the rest of his money.  :laugh:

;D

Giving a scholly to Cameron is not necessary if the coaches have other players higher on the board at his projected position because the kid will and has recruited for Auburn whether he has a schooly or not.

I'm sure this is true. I just beleive in the kid after seeing him play. It's hard for me to imagine there being any sure fire can't miss prospect that would be a better fit at AU than Cam. He is an Auburn man already.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Three standout for Cameron:  Texas A&M, TCU, and Auburn.  He is being recruited as WR by all of them.

Cameron discusses his status with the Auburn Tigers.

“Being around them all the time, I know they like me at receiver, but I really don’t know my status, I just know I’ve been offered by them,†he said. “If I decide to go there, I’ll be there with my dad, but if not, I’ll be somewhere with someone who will treat me like my father. It would be hard not to go there but my dad has already accepted that I’m going somewhere it's best for me.â€

Three standout for Cameron:  Texas A&M, TCU, and Auburn.  He is being recruited as WR by all of them.

“Being around them all the time, I know they like me at receiver, but I really don’t know my status, I just know I’ve been offered by them,” he said. “If I decide to go there, I’ll be there with my dad, but if not, I’ll be somewhere with someone who will treat me like my father. It would be hard not to go there but my dad has already accepted that I’m going somewhere it's best for me.”

Good for him. But it's also more evidence of his fit with Auburn.

“Being around them all the time, I know they like me at receiver, but I really don’t know my status, I just know I’ve been offered by them,” he said. “If I decide to go there, I’ll be there with my dad, but if not, I’ll be somewhere with someone who will treat me like my father. It would be hard not to go there but my dad has already accepted that I’m going somewhere it's best for me.”

Just read this article. I was unaware that AU had offered him. I'm sure he has an offer if he says it, but why have we not heard of it? Maybe he and AU have just kept it quiet?

Wonder if he has a committable offer. :dunno:

Wonder if he has a committable offer. :dunno:

Will a school honestly offer someone if they can't commit? Doesn't make sense. I thought the whole point of the offer was that now you can commit.

That, or he could have been given an offer and told to wait to commit (which I was talking about).  IMO he is a first class athelete, but in the coaches mind he MIGHT be (I did say might I do not pretend to know the minds of the coaches) be a backup plan if Trey Matthews does not work out, or if we do not get that 4* safety (who is waiting on an offer) from I think florida.  Or having said that he was recruited as a WR he might be a NSD backup if one of our "top" WR prospects does not committ to AU.

I said all that to say this, I think that Luper would likely have committed by now if he were really wanted, my reasoning being that his step dad is one of the best recruiters at AU.  So there has to be something, it is also possible that he is looking to get back to Texas, which is why I think the biggest competitor for this young man is TCU.

I think that not committing yet is 100% Cameron's decision if he has an offer from AU. AU would not give a coaches son an offer and then tell him not to commit yet. On the flip side, how bad would it look if Cameron committed to AU too early and then really wanted to go elsewhere and decommitted? It's one thing to go back on what you told a coach rom a school, it's quite another thing to go back on what you told your dad. I think he is just being smart about his decision and realizing he is not the typical recruit in that he already has a vested interest in one school over another. Therefore, he will take his time and MAKE 100% SURE that his heart doesn't lie in Texas before he commits. If he goes to either A&M or TCU I wish him the best. I for one am glad to hear that if he has an AU offer he is sitting on it for now and waiting till the time is right.

Anybody think he may be waiting to see where dad may be next year?

Where would his father be going?

Anybody think he may be waiting to see where dad may be next year?

Where would his father be going?

He is a Coach.  Coaches get offered jobs.  His name has come up the past two years for some Head Coaching jobs.

Archived