dennis dodds tweets Lyles confession will bring down several!

pologuy24

Accdg to Rivals, here are the other schools who recruited Seastrunk.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by

Oregon COMMITTED (01/27/2010) Offered 12/18/2009 Gary Campbell

Auburn None Offered None Curtis Luper

Baylor None Offered None 

California None Offered 10/02/2009 Kenwick Thompson

Florida None Offered None 

LSU None Offered None 

Miami (FL) None Offered None 

Nebraska None Offered None 

North Carolina None Offered None 

Oklahoma None Offered None 

Texas None Offered None 

Texas A&M None Offered None 

UCLA None Offered None Reggie Moore

USC None Offered None

Notice Tennessee is not mentioned here and they are feeling heat from Lyles' comments. 

May be that the testimony went beyond Seastrunk to include some of his other "clients"...

if so this could indeed get interesting...

From what it sounds like Lyles said he was telling about all the dirty dealings he has been involed in since he was in the industry! Sounds like we could have another Nevin Shapiro story in the making!

May be that the testimony went beyond Seastrunk to include some of his other "clients"...

if so this could indeed get interesting...

Yep - Will Lyles has been in the "talent scout" buisness for years.  Some of his old "clients" are playing in the NFL right now.  He's got connections all over the country and has placed many players in the college of his choice for years. 

He didn't do it all by himself though, and that's the dangerous part, he's got runners all over that evaluate the HS talent and get the ball rolling in Willie's direction.  He'll tell folks that he did it out of the goodness of his heart, in an effort to help the kids get a better life and give them a chance at an education, etc.  That's total BS!

Rest assured, that where there's one Will Lyles, there are dozens from coast to coast.  Florida, Georgia, Louisana, Texas, Cali, etc...  street agents are everywhere.  There's big money to be made in college athletics, basketball is ten times worse than football too.  It's shameful what these men and their associates are doing to kids.

Indeed... and TR has already been in the "news" a lot lately...

The only bad "news" I've seen regarding TR has been those 2-bit hacks, Clay Travis & SBB.  Nothing's been even mentioned by any legitimate news sources.

The only bad "news" I've seen regarding TR has been those 2-bit hacks, Clay Travis & SBB.  Nothing's been even mentioned by any legitimate news sources.

After everything that has happened this past year, who would you consider "legitimate"?

After everything that has happened this past year, who would you consider "legitimate"?

:laugh: That's a pretty good point you have there.

There's not such thing as legitimate news sources any longer.

I hope someone can correct me and I hope I'm wrong, but didn't T. Reed have some involvement with Lyles?

He is in a picture with Seastrunk and Lyles at a LSU game. In that video of Seastrunk before the national championship game he talked about him and T. Reed were boys!

k

I hope someone can correct me and I hope I'm wrong, but didn't T. Reed have some involvement with Lyles?

He is in a picture with Seastrunk and Lyles at a LSU game. In that video of Seastrunk before the national championship game he talked about him and T. Reed were boys!

I do worry about this situation. All it would take is a little $$ and this guy will say whatever. Since lyles may have had some connection to reed, it would he a hard story to shake... even if patently false.

Seastrunk also talked about how they were supposed to play together. If AU did indeed stop recruiting LS because they found out about some possibilities of problems with his recruitment, then I think we're ok. I think TR was AU the whole way though.

Of course the spin we would hear would be "...highest bidder..."

Something from Yahoo! would be just about perfect, but I'll settle for BSPN.  Clay Travis and SBB are just muck-raking bloggers.

Seastrunk also talked about how they were supposed to play together. If AU did indeed stop recruiting LS because they found out about some possibilities of problems with his recruitment, then I think we're ok. I think TR was AU the whole way though.

Of course the spin we would hear would be "...highest bidder..."

T.Reed was also heavily recruited by LSU for a long time, LSU thought they had the homeboy for sure.....

LSU had connections/a contract with Lyles and LSU paid Lyles for his "talent scouting packages",  I think the NCAA is probably still looking into Lyles/LSU/Oregon connections.

I doubt very seriously that there will be a "lot" of teams going down over this.  The NCAA's MO is to nail one school and give everyone else time to get there butts in line.  Oregon will take the hardest hit, with some 1-4 game suspensions for individual players on other teams across the country.  Just my opinion. 

Archived