TCU to Big 12

aufan57

cbssports.com is reporting the following:

TCU has been invited to join the Big 12 and will accept for the 2012-13 school year, Brett McMurphy reports. TCU had been scheduled to join the Big East in July.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/32536916

That school is pretty quick to go back on it's word....

With Syracuse and Pittsburg leaving for the ACC, why should TCU go to the Big East. They will fit in better with the Big 12 anyway.

The art of a deal is offer and acceptance.  The offer was to join a football conference that had two more members when the offer was extended.  TCU accepted with those two more schools, that corcumstance no longer exists.  Imagine you accepting a offer to buy a car that had all leather interior and ac.  You get ready to pick it up and it does not have all leather and ac.  You would walk away also....

Let me save the Big 12.  This is if Mizzou leaves the conference and the conference is down to 8 teams:

Big 12 expansion...

Big 12 South

Texas

Texas Tech

TCU

Baylor

Houston

Kansas St.

Big 12 North

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St.

BYU

Boise St.

Kansas

Iowa St.

See, this is a doable BCS conference.  Not the strongest, but practical.  Follow this model and it will save the Big 12 the expense and trouble of scheduling those expansion meetings and committees. 

I was kinda hoping that TCU would come to the SEC. 

Me, too! Anybody but WVU.

It was a no brained for TCU. They got shut out of the big 12 when it was put together with the old big 8 and 4 Texas SWC schools.  Baylor complained and pushed ahead to be the 4th texas school in the big 12.  They were still winning last month about TAM leaving.  By beginning in the big 12 most of their away games will be short bus rides and not 3 hour plane trips to new jersey :rolleyes:

Could be a whole new Thread :

"Who I'd take over that Va. directional school "  :laugh:

Like Jax St. More Yard bird days before games. 

My entry would be ANYBODY but Ba...., nah, I'd take Bamr over them.

I would much rather have WVU than Mizzou. West Virginia brings better football than Mizzou and their basketball would instantly be in the top 2 of the SEC. And WVU fans will travel ANYWHERE to see their team play.

I'd rather see the SEC expand to a current SEC state (or North Carolina), but if not WVU is my first choice. Not sure why so many people are so opposed to that idea...

Why would anyone not want WVU? It's like inviting the Hatfield's and McCoy's to dinner at the same time. Armed.

Worse actual real life, fan base than ACC's reputation. Makes you wonder why the ACC didn't jump at the chance to invite them, if they are so good, to expand the conference footprint huh?

Basketball is a great sport, I love it. HOWEVER, unless you are Kentucky or Vandy in the SEC, it will never be the driving force of any decision of membership in the conference.

Why would anyone not want WVU? It's like inviting the Hatfield's and McCoy's to dinner at the same time. Armed.

Worse actual real life, fan base than ACC's reputation. Makes you wonder why the ACC didn't jump at the chance to invite them, if they are so good, to expand the conference footprint huh?

Basketball is a great sport, I love it. HOWEVER, unless you are Kentucky or Vandy in the SEC, it will never be the driving force of any decision of membership in the conference.

Hey watch it tt my wife is from Weirton, WV and is related to some of them there Hatfield's and McCoy's. Family reunions are a something

She also says she would never go to another game in Morgantown after the last time. Why in gods name would anyone want a team in the SEC who's biggest known tradition is couch burning after a victory...............

Archived