Arik Armstead

ellitor

Is he enrolling early? Hes gonna miss half the freaking semester!

Yes  but missing 2 out of 18 weeks is not that bad. Especially with most freshmen courses.

He missed the entire second semester of his SR year and seems to be doing okay.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only school mentioned that isn't distant is Cal.

:) Exactly what I was thinking.  If distance is truely an issue, then he should stay on he left coast to play ball. 

Hence why it is not a factor since his dad said Cal wasa eliminated.

And Armond couldn't play at Cal.

Yes  but missing 2 out of 18 weeks is not that bad. Especially with most freshmen courses.

Is he on roll call being absent all these days? Pretty funny to hear his name in your class everyday...

I heard is name being called out in class today!!!!

So what is the latest on Arik?

Going to decide later in the week. Has til mid to late next week to attend Auburn.

Supposedly until the 24th.

Well at least that means he is seriously thinking about it and was not just sold on something ND up and said at the last minute. Him waiting may mean that they are waiting to see if CGC can get Armond into Auburn. Otherwise seems like they would have just committed to ND. They have already heard the pitches from both schools and there shouldn't be any reason to hold off if they were just going to ND.

Is he on roll call being absent all these days? Pretty funny to hear his name in your class everyday...

Seriously?!?!

This delay jives with what I have read about AU pushing a waiver thru the SEC office......think that both really want to come to AU but still want to be sure than AU can get waiver for Armond to play.

I will be shocked if the SEC overturns a brand new rule for us.  I hope so.

Also, there was an article a few days ago that said Armond could not play at cal. I think they were going to go in different directions ysterday (Cal, ND).

Not I have no idea what they will do now.

Say they do sign...how much PT do they get next year? Arik I know is still a freshman but Armond's just got a year left so is he gonna start?

Seriously?!?!

Does it count if I called it out to see if he was in class?  :dunno:

Seriously?!?!

He preregistered at Cal and AU. It was a smart move on his part. Then when he makes his decision, he can start classes.

This delay jives with what I have read about AU pushing a waiver thru the SEC office......think that both really want to come to AU but still want to be sure than AU can get waiver for Armond to play.

I will be shocked if the SEC overturns a brand new rule for us.  I hope so.

Also, there was an article a few days ago that said Armond could not play at cal. I think they were going to go in different directions ysterday (Cal, ND).

Not I have no idea what they will do now.

I would not be on the negative end of Armond to AU. The SEC said they would treat the new transfer rule on a case by case basis.

Say they do sign...how much PT do they get next year? Arik I know is still a freshman but Armond's just got a year left so is he gonna start?

He'll more than likely play, which I think is all he wants.

That's what I was thinking, but who knows..........Oregon is out there too.

True about Oregon but I think I read where his brother can't transfer to another Pac-14 school so if they want to play together his final year Oregon is out.  Also, while Oregon is a LOT closer geographically than ND or AU, it's still a "pretty fer piece" for his parents to drive up every weekend for a game.

He'll more than likely play, which I think is all he wants.

Man if we pick up this pair our DL is gonna be stacked next year.

My understanding is that entering the NFL draft early was one of the options that Armond was weighing, so clearly he has the ability to play. I think he started all of 2010, and had won a starting position as a sophomore in 2009 until he got sidelined by an injury. I also think he has moved between DT and DE, so he has some flexibility in getting on the field.

Arik is simply a monster. I don't know if he would get on the field as a TFr, but he could certainly make a case for it. I think he would be the by far biggest DE on the team the second he stepped on campus.

He just Twitted asking for Gabe Wright's twitter name.

:banghead: :banghead:

???

My be a reaction to the OP being posted a few pages back.  :dunno:

The SEC created their new rule to discourage players from taking advantage of their ablility to transfer after completing their bachelor's degree. Armond's case is a special circumstance b/c he's being let out of his committment with USC due to their sanctions. I could imagine that the SEC might grant this exception, but then again they didn't do any favors with Blakely.

He just Twitted asking for Gabe Wright's twitter name.

:banghead: :banghead:

???

My be a reaction to the OP being posted a few pages back.  :dunno:

You guessed it E!

Archived