Arik Armstead

ellitor

Sorry guys.  Busy day, didn't have time to read 56 pages of thread.  I'll head back over to AUC!

:D

Hang around man! I dont really blame you for not reading all 56 pages. Problem is that I have. War Eagle!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys.  Busy day, didn't have time to read 56 pages of thread.  I'll head back over to AUC!

Thanks for the info! Come on back if you get any more. Pay no attention to the ones who get their drawers in a bunch over something you post!

Sorry guys. Busy day, didn't have time to read 56 pages of thread. I'll head back over to AUC!

Thanks for the info! Come on back if you get any more. Pay no attention to the ones who get their drawers in a bunch over something you post!

It's cool I'm only joking. I am a member of AUC but am used to the crazies on all these sites.

This delay jives with what I have read about AU pushing a waiver thru the SEC office......think that both really want to come to AU but still want to be sure than AU can get waiver for Armond to play.

I will be shocked if the SEC overturns a brand new rule for us.  I hope so.

Also, there was an article a few days ago that said Armond could not play at cal. I think they were going to go in different directions ysterday (Cal, ND).

Not I have no idea what they will do now.

I would not be on the negative end of Armond to AU. The SEC said they would treat the new transfer rule on a case by case basis.

But you can bet weeman is already on the phone with SEC whining. But maybe the NCAA penalties at USC might help. I don't know it can only be used for the first year they kick in or for the entire period.

It's cool I'm only joking.  I am a member of AUC but am used to the crazies on all these sites.

Meant nothing by it auclass. :wedance:

Sorry guys. Busy day, didn't have time to read 56 pages of thread. I'll head back over to AUC!

It's cool I'm only joking. I am a member of AUC but am used to the crazies on all these sites.

Seriously no biggie!  War Eagle!  :we:

Say they do sign...how much PT do they get next year? Arik I know is still a freshman but Armond's just got a year left so is he gonna start?

If healthy, I would think Armond has a chance to earn a great deal of playing time. I mean he did start at USCw for 2 years, at least that's what I've read on these boards about him.  :dunno:

The SEC created their new rule to discourage players from taking advantage of their ablility to transfer after completing their bachelor's degree. Armond's case is a special circumstance b/c he's being let out of his committment with USC due to their sanctions. I could imagine that the SEC might grant this exception, but then again they didn't do any favors with Blakely.

How long can the USC players have the choice to transfer due to sanctions?  Kiffen has been there for 2 season's and they come off their bowl sanctions in 2012.  I thought the players were allowed to transfer out at the time the sanctions were handed down?  I didn't know that a player could transfer anytime during the duration of the sanctions.  

Heck, some polls have USC playing for the BCSNC at the end of 2012, they should have a pretty good team.  I don't see the sanctions hitting them too hard til maybe 2013-2014.

It's cool I'm only joking.  I am a member of AUC but am used to the crazies on all these sites.

Seriously no biggie!  War Eagle!   :we:

AWWW. How Sweet...You two get a room.  :laugh:

The SEC created their new rule to discourage players from taking advantage of their ablility to transfer after completing their bachelor's degree. Armond's case is a special circumstance b/c he's being let out of his committment with USC due to their sanctions. I could imagine that the SEC might grant this exception, but then again they didn't do any favors with Blakely.

How long can the USC players have the choice to transfer due to sanctions?  Kiffen has been there for 2 season's and they come off their bowl sanctions in 2012.  I thought the players were allowed to transfer out at the time the sanctions were handed down.  

Heck, some polls have USC playing for the BCSNC at the end of 2012, they should have a pretty good team.  I don't see the sanctions hitting them too hard til maybe 2013-2014.

I don't believe this is accurate.  I have read several places that Armond has graduated from USC and can transfer to any school that offers a grad degree USC does not - with the exception of SEC schools under the new "more than one year" rule.

Say they do sign...how much PT do they get next year? Arik I know is still a freshman but Armond's just got a year left so is he gonna start?

If healthy, I would think Armond has a chance to earn a great deal of playing time. I mean he did start at USCw for 2 years, at least that's what I've read on these boards about him.  :dunno:

Yeah, I don't think there's any question Armond will play a lot wherever he ends up.

I am gonna go with 62 pages until he commits to.............. what?  I was just getting us back on the topic that got us off the topic we were discussing before the original topic... well you know! :laugh:  

:we::believe::we:

How long can the USC players have the choice to transfer due to sanctions?  Kiffen has been there for 2 season's and they come off their bowl sanctions in 2012.  I thought the players were allowed to transfer out at the time the sanctions were handed down.  

I have been wondering the same thing about the transfer thing myself. Also I agree about the recruiting sanctions. I may be dead wrong, but I believe the 3 years of losing 10 scholarships per year starts with this signing class. That has to hurt down the road.

Agreed. This is when the sanctions will hurt them. They were able to skirt by the scholly reductions for the last two recruiting classes as they went through the appeals process. Starting with this class and for the next two, they can only sign 15 per year which will nearly cripple them come 2014 to about 2016.

I like the fact he is looking to Gabe though.

i have seen distance mentioned a couple of times and whether his folks would be able to see him.  I swear i read an article somewhere where Arik said distance and his parents ability to watch him play were not a huge deal ... that his parents may just have to watch him on TV a bunch.  did anyone else read that?

Distance would be an issue with either of his 2 finalists. I would think travel would be easier to AU, what with the world's busiest airport being only 1.5 hrs. away.  ;D

Distance/travel factor is a wash if the choice is AU or ND.  ND is about 110 miles from O'Hare airport, and about 100 miles from Midway Airport.  Air time is less from SAC/ORD or SAC/MDW than SAC/ATL.  

The one difference is ND is Eastern Time Zone.

I don't believe this is accurate.  I have read several places that Armond has graduated from USC and can transfer to any school that offers a grad degree USC does not - with the exception of SEC schools under the new "more than one year" rule.

I would bet that 87aubie knows more than I do.  :-[

I would bet that 87aubie knows more than I do.  :-[

I wouldn't.  Just sharing what I've read. 

Not Necessarily true. The SEC says they will look at it on a case by case basis.

So he's basically another Masoli, except he didn't get kicked off the USC team, he graduated and wants to play his final year of elligibility someplace else?

USCw is primed to make a run at the BCSNC this year, why not just stay on there for his final year?

Agreed. This is when the sanctions will hurt them. They were able to skirt by the scholly reductions for the last two recruiting classes as they went through the appeals process. Starting with this class and for the next two, they can only sign 15 per year which will nearly cripple them come 2014 to about 2016.

I didn't realize they were losing that many scholly's. Wow! That is gonna be a tough time for them, no doubt. Glad Coach Chiz keeps our program in line.

So he's basically another Masoli, except he didn't get kicked off the USC team, he graduated and wants to play his final year of elligibility someplace else?

USCw is primed to make a run at the BCSNC this year, why not just stay on there for his final year?

Because of how Lame Kiffin screwed him over.

Not Necessarily true. The SEC says they will look at it on a case by case basis.

Yeah, sorry.  I guess I should have said without a waiver.

Archived