Arik Armstead

ellitor

The thread hi-jacking is getting a bit tiresome.  One shouldn't have to read thru two pages of tripe to find a tad of information.  Just sayin.

E, see what I was talking about

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if arik was goin to commit to cal mon i think cal is in the mix still nd is 1800 miles and au is 2000 miles from his home. in the end that may not matter but i think its harder to choose to go that far from home for 18 yr olds. he may be testin the water w cal after J.L. left. either way i have faith our staff will reel in big talent over the next few weeks. wde.

That's what I was thinking, but who knows..........Oregon is out there too.

I like the fact he is looking to Gabe though.

The thread hi-jacking is getting a bit tiresome.  One shouldn't have to read thru two pages of tripe to find a tad of information.  Just sayin.

Yeah but I see why you do it. Sometimes things get way too serious around here and people need to lighten up so hijacking to make people laugh is not such a bad thing.

if arik was goin to commit to cal mon i think cal is in the mix still nd is 1800 miles and au is 2000 miles from his home. in the end that may not matter but i think its harder to choose to go that far from home for 18 yr olds. he may be testin the water w cal after J.L. left. either way i have faith our staff will reel in big talent over the next few weeks. wde.

According to Arik's dad Cal is OUT...like a slow catcher trying to get to first base on a bunt.

Arik Armstead @arikarmstead 1m 

which of you au fans knows gabe wright twitter name

Don't worry AU Family, I gave it to him. "Ish" just got real though... :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to change my AE username to "The Ish"

Might be reading too much into this...but if he asks on Twitter for Gabe Wright's username, AU fans give it to him, and then we get "sup fam" from Gabe a few minutes later. I think hes ours.  :happydance:

So what is the latest on Arik?

Going to decide later in the week. Has til mid to late next week to attend Auburn.

i have seen distance mentioned a couple of times and whether his folks would be able to see him.  I swear i read an article somewhere where Arik said distance and his parents ability to watch him play were not a huge deal ... that his parents may just have to watch him on TV a bunch.  did anyone else read that?

Yeah but I see why you do it. Sometimes things get way too serious around here and people need to lighten up so hijacking to make people laugh is not such a bad thing.

It's nice to see some people get it. The truth of the matter is.....out of over 1,000 "members" there may be six people who actually have a clue about what is really going on with any situation involving Auburn. On this Armstead situation, nobody has a clue and, it seems, will not know until they make it official.

i have seen distance mentioned a couple of times and whether his folks would be able to see him.  I swear i read an article somewhere where Arik said distance and his parents ability to watch him play were not a huge deal ... that his parents may just have to watch him on TV a bunch.  did anyone else read that?

Yes

Distance would be an issue with either of his 2 finalists. I would think travel would be easier to AU, what with the world's busiest airport being only 1.5 hrs. away.  ;D

It's nice to see some people get it. The truth of the matter is.....out of over 1,000 "members" there may be six people who actually have a clue about what is really going on with any situation involving Auburn. On this Armstead situation, nobody has a clue and, it seems, will not know until they make it official.

I agree, I'm just glad I was the spark that set off the powder keg.

Is he enrolling early? Hes gonna miss half the freaking semester!

Yes  but missing 2 out of 18 weeks is not that bad. Especially with most freshmen courses.

The only school mentioned that isn't distant is Cal.

:) Exactly what I was thinking.  If distance is truely an issue, then he should stay on he left coast to play ball. 

The only school mentioned that isn't distant is Cal.

:) Exactly what I was thinking.  If distance is truely an issue, then he should stay on he left coast to play ball. 

Hence why it is not a factor since his dad said Cal wasa eliminated.

Is he enrolling early? Hes gonna miss half the freaking semester!

Yes  but missing 2 out of 18 weeks is not that bad. Especially with most freshmen courses.

Is he on roll call being absent all these days? Pretty funny to hear his name in your class everyday...

This delay jives with what I have read about AU pushing a waiver thru the SEC office......think that both really want to come to AU but still want to be sure than AU can get waiver for Armond to play.

Archived