O-Line

doug3020

OK. Everyone wants to talk about Cam and Nick, but nobody cares to mention that we lost an o-line that had 5000 starts b/w them. I believe that's where our offensive problems truly lie. Granted, neither Trotter nor Mosley are great but if you placed them behind UGA's o-line they could get the job done (especially against our D).

-Any thoughts on this....

OK. Everyone wants to talk about Cam and Nick, but nobody cares to mention that we lost an o-line that had 5000 starts b/w them. I believe that's where our offensive problems truly lie. Granted, neither Trotter nor Mosley are great but if you placed them behind UGA's o-line they could get the job done (especially against our D).

Agree 100%. 

Insert something here about a nail head and a hammer. Losing Shon Coleman (get well soon!!!!) couldn't have helped much, either

Next year will take a while for the O-line to gel, as we will lose Moseley and have a good chance of starting two redshirt freshman.

We lose Greene also. 

Im worried about the oline next year if some of those guys couldn't beat out the hot garbage from this year.

We redshirted some of our best options to help build depth for the future. Next year should be better, much better!

Our OL last year allowed MANY plays to be made by Cam & company. I just feel like I am watching 2008 all over again without much hope of seeing improvement which is both frustrating and sad. The big difference b/w 2008 and this year is we have a staff that gets along very well.  

War Eagle !

Insert something here about a nail head and a hammer. Losing Shon Coleman (get well soon!!!!) couldn't have helped much, either

And Ed Christian. And Roszell Gayden.

And Ed Christian. And Roszell Gayden.

Thank you for the additions- I knew there were two or three total who were lost. We're just behind the recruiting 8 ball right now. I read in the rant board that we have 70 scholly players verse the 85 we're allowed. That can't help.

No offense to any of the guys along the Oline but I think next year Westerman will upgrade whatever position he settles in at whether it is Guard or Tackle. I think  it will take Robinson a game or two but he will be an upgrade in one of the Tackle positions. Hope Latu  pushes for a job but I would not be surprised if Mack breaks into the starting line up. My guess is

LT Robinson

LG Westerman

C Dismukes

RG Sullen/Mack

RT Latu/Slade

Again no offense but I think our line has to hit the weight program like mad men this off season, they seem to get pushed around out there. And I know this is off topic and alot of people say it doesn't matter but look at last yrs OLine stats at the combines they seemed to be towards the bottom of the Stats. Yox has always been the guy but gotta get them more bulked up.

LT Robinson

LG Westerman

C Dismukes

RG Sullen/Mack

RT Latu/Slade

now im no oline expert this is just my guess.

LT Latu

LG Robinson

C Dismukes

RG Mack

RT Westerman

The O-Line should be better next year.  Losing Greene is a good thing based on the way he has played this year.  Dismukes and Slade will be more experienced and stronger.  Westerman and Robinson should play well wherever that may be and Latu is a huge commit and could come in and start right away. 

The Oline is the group that needs leadership worse than any on the field. Last years group had Berry, Isom, Ziemba ,and Pugh (no problem with leadership there). You would think the two seniors would provide some leadership for the other. However, Greene isn't in a position to be a leader as his play has been abysmal. Mosely has been serviceable, but not spectacular. Unfortunately, the leader of the Oline seems to be the true freshman center. While that will pay dividends down the road, having a true freshman center as the leader of the line is a recipe for disaster.

I think if we hd Newton in the backfield we would look a lot stronger.

Newton is still using his ability to make something out of nothing, and he is in the NFL now.  Even Malzahn's predictable playcalling was succesfull with Newton in the backfield.    This year we just do not have an exceptional athlete to make up for our offensive playcalling. 

Cappy play, crappy play ,crappy play, busted play, crappy play, genious play, crappy play, lucky play,  crappy play, busted play, fumble, crappy play. average play, crappy play.  just like 2009.  Just like 2010 but without Newton making up for 1/2 the crappy plays with great scrambles.

Archived