LSU game

AuburnBasketball

Tough to win the close games when the guards can't hit the FTs....These guys in particular need to hit between 75-80 percent to keep the other guys honest.        Funny thing is that most of the kids arrive at AU with glossy shooting stats and the longer they play here, the poorer their shooting.    It's been talked to death but I just don't understand why AU basketball teams (for many years) can't hit the FTs. :dunno:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa Whoa :wareagle:, we played well on the road do not get down on this team we will be ok, we are improving every game, I have been to every home game :wareagle: ( less one or two)  we will do ok, make it to the NIT, watch out!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got to learn how to win. Its not that easy with the history of Auburn BB the last 6 or so years. Especially on the road. We need a swagger guy or two to get there it will happen.

So right about the swagger. Frankie is the only one we have with it,and he got hurt and is working on getting it back. making the big shot is an attitude....you have to want to take it.It is NOT easy to have this trait. Gabriel is one of the most talented basketball players I have ever seen...but that frosh from LSU will make the shot 80% of the time if you give it to him,and 60% if you don't. We do not have that guy-except for Sullivan if he gets right.

Also, that was one of the worst officiating games ive seen. That white haired ref was awful tonight and he is the same one that gave the game to Kentucky the other night also. Both of these games were flat out maddening and disappointing. We are the better team compared to LSU .

The white haired ref is a moron I hope we never have him again

He was atrocious in the KY game too. You could tell he was trying to make sure auburn wouldnt upset the might cats or else it would be bad for college basketball.

Tough loss. If KG was playing anywhere near his normal level, we win this one.

I was at work during the game (at a health club) and though we have t.v.'s, we don't get ESPNU, so I had to take a couple short car breaks to tune in to Rod and Sonny.  The first time I tuned in, I heard KG toss 2 or 3 straight airballs and maybe a goal tend.  And then I tuned in for the overtime where KG was called for a charge and a goal tend in consecutive plays, so I came away thinking the same thing as you, NoAL!  ;)

I believe AU opened up SEC play last year against LSU in Baton Rouge, and promptly scored less than ten pts in the first half.  Got blown out, so this is a step in the right direction.  Always remember, unless your KY, IT'S HARD TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE S-E-C!

I was at work during the game (at a health club) and though we have t.v.'s, we don't get ESPNU, so I had to take a couple short car breaks to tune in to Rod and Sonny.  The first time I tuned in, I heard KG toss 2 or 3 straight airballs and maybe a goal tend.  And then I tuned in for the overtime where KG was called for a charge and a goal tend in consecutive plays, so I came away thinking the same thing as you, NoAL!  ;)

I believe AU opened up SEC play last year against LSU in Baton Rouge, and promptly scored less than ten pts in the first half.  Got blown out, so this is a step in the right direction.  Always remember, unless your KY, IT'S HARD TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE S-E-C!

Last year we opened up with LSU at home and scored 6 in the first half and we did not get blown out only lost by 6 or 8

Last year we opened up with LSU at home and scored 6 in the first half and we did not get blown out only lost by 6 or 8

Thanks for the corrections, Mr. Basketball!  :)

Archived