FS Who?

DunderMifflin

To prospects considering Auburn and florida state:

If you are going to choose florida state because of some girl (who could be gone tomorrow) or an assistant coach (who could be gone tomorrow) or school colors or some other random reason, I really can’t help you other than to say you are making a mistake.  But if you are truly trying to decide between Auburn and florida state and are interested in some facts that should really matter I think I can help you out.

The Auburn coaches are not going to go negative and warn you about what you are stepping into if you select florida state, but I will.

Winning them All

Despite playing in what The Sporting News called, “the weakest BCS conference this side of the Big East” for the last twenty years (since before you were born) florida state has only ONE (1) undefeated season since 1951.

Despite playing in what has been called, “the toughest division in football” Auburn has THREE (3) undefeated seasons since 1993.  There is no program in America you could sign with that has more undefeated seasons during this time.

ACC vs SEC - Play With and Against the Best

The SEC is simply the best football conference in America, and Auburn plays in the best division of that conference.  There is no higher plain in college football.  Who doesn’t want to test their skills against the best and play alongside the best players in America?

Since the inception of the BCS an SEC team has won the BCS National Championship almost 60% of the time. 

The SEC has won the last six straight Championships, with Auburn winning in 2010 and finishing second in 2004.

The ACC?  Not so much.

The ACC has a record of 2-13 in BCS bowl games.  You simply cannot win a Championship if you are not battle tested throughout the season and ready to perform when the lights come on.  Do you want to be on that podium holding the crystal football with the confetti raining down as Auburn was last year?

Auburn ALONE has as many BCS wins as the entire ACC.  Let me repeat that.  Auburn ALONE has as many BCS wins as the entire ACC.   

florida state’s last (and only) BCS win was back in 2000.  You were probably seven or eight years old. 

Coaches

During Gene Chizik’s three seasons at Auburn, despite building a program in what is universally considered the toughest division in the toughest conference in America, he has led the program to an SEC and National Championship (in just his second season) and has averaged 10 wins per season.  He has been a part of two undefeated seasons in his time at Auburn as Defensive Coordinator in 2004 (winning the Broyles Award as the top assistant coach in America) and Head Coach in 2010 (winning several National Coach of the Year awards).   

Jimbo Fisher has been associated with the florida state program for five seasons as some combination of Offensive Coordinator, Head Coach in Waiting and Head Coach.  During this time, despite playing in what is generally thought of as an average at best conference, they have never lost fewer than FOUR (4) games and have twice lost as many as 6.

Awards and Recognition

In the last decade an fsu player has only won one (1) of the “National” awards.  Their kicker won the Lou Groza award in 2008.  If you know any good kickers tell them to go to florida state, but if YOU want to be recognized at the highest level…

During that same decade, Auburn players have won the:

Heisman Trophy

Walter Camp Award

Maxwell Award

Davey O’Brien Award

Manning Award

Lombardi Award

Jim Thorpe Award

Here are some random comments from national writers about the ACC:

“For the ACC to remain a legitimate BCS member and avoid defection from its members, the conference had to acquire at least two schools from the Big East, the weakest BCS conference.”

“The biggest problem for the AP poll was the ACC, which was the worst of the BCS conferences.”

“…teams from weak BCS conferences (like the ACC or Big East)…”

“The Orange Bowl has the ACC and the Big East, which are traditionally the two weakest links among the BCS conferences.”

“The ACC is now the weakest BCS conference. What I hate is that FSU is now stuck in a basketball-first conference…”

“Again, you figure football is what matters and the ACC has been the second- weakest BCS conference (better only than the Big East) for a while.”

“The ACC is a basketball conference with at best 3 good football schools (FSU, Miami, and VT).”

Just a little reading material between now and 2/1.

There are thousands of people you have never met who can’t wait to welcome this great group of signees into the Auburn Family.  Become a part of something special.  We would love to see you in orange and blue.

You forgot to mention that the campus and town is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Don't forget the student bodies!

You forgot to mention that the campus and town is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Well in all honesty, FSU girls are near equally as attractive, but are far from what i would associate as an auburn southern belle

Well in all honesty, FSU girls are near equally as attractive, but are far from what i would associate as an auburn southern belle

FSU has a little something else to help not only FSU girls but FAMU girls are next door.

I can't comment on FSU girls, but I am constantly amazed at the amount of attractive girls on Auburn's campus. It's not just that we have this elite top group and then it goes downhill; almost every girl at Auburn is at least a 7...

I can't comment on FSU girls, but I am constantly amazed at the amount of attractive girls on Auburn's campus. It's not just that we have this elite top group and then it goes downhill; almost every girl at Auburn is at least a 7...

I am reminded of a half time show probably 20+ years ago where the announcer from one of the major networks stated while watching the majorettes...  "Yes send your boy to Auburn"....

I think he's referring to an outstanding wide receiver who switched his commitment from Auburn to FSU after a recruiting weekend in Tallahassee.  Rumors said he found true romance on the trip.  I don't know, but once he switched he was done with recruiting.

Tallahassee is a crap hole. Not being bias it was just a dump there.

How can you say that.  Tallahassee has one of the nicest federal prisons in the Southeast. 

i just hope that there are actual recruits on this site that can read this.  this post took a lot for someone to type, but if filled with all kinds of great information that needs to be known.  thanks for posting.

Nicely done Dunder.  You need to post this on every message board you have access to and give permission to others to post it for you on the boards you don't have access to. 

Not really.  The landscape, trees, and terrain make it a beautiful city (despite lackluster architecture) and the FSU campus and facilities are pretty awesome.  The improvements of the last 10 years rivals anyones.  FSU is bordered by the dumpy end of town, though, that's for sure...but it's getting a major facelift at the moment.

Nicely done Dunder.  You need to post this on every message board you have access to and give permission to others to post it for you on the boards you don't have access to. 

Anybody here is welcome to post this anywhere they want.  I posted it to the Football board on autigers but that is it.  Somebody who has access to AuburnUndercover and/or the rivals site might put it there.  Take pieces of it and tweet them.  E-mail it to some of these AU guys who have large followings on Twitter.  Whatever.  I did it so Auburn people would know these things and maybe, just maybe, a prospect or parent might come across it.

The most important point to me is he conference they would be playing in.  The ACC has two BCS bowl wins in its history and you are going there thinking you are going to win a championship? 

How can you say that.  Tallahassee has one of the nicest federal prisons in the Southeast. 

:laugh: Yeah, and FSU football players seem to be regulars there, too...

FSU has a little something else to help not only FSU girls but FAMU girls are next door.

thats funny..I go to FSU now and everyone gets out of here and heads home during FAMU homecoming

I live in Tallahassee and it is a beautiful city with canopy roads, lots of trees and green landscape. I have never been partial to either of the schools here though.  Both are overcrowded and on the uglier side of town. The girls are pretty and it certainly ranks up there with the top party schools. Maybe that is a draw for the young bucks. Whatever the case I never could see the "it" that everyone around here says jimbo has to be a great coach. He is maybe average at best IMO.Whatever they are telling or promising these kids must be something special because they are flocking here like crazy! There's no place on earth like the loveliest villiage on the plains! Kids just sometimes can't see straight!

To prospects considering Auburn and florida state:

If you are going to choose florida state because of some girl (who could be gone tomorrow) or an assistant coach (who could be gone tomorrow) or school colors or some other random reason, I really can’t help you other than to say you are making a mistake.  But if you are truly trying to decide between Auburn and florida state and are interested in some facts that should really matter I think I can help you out.

The Auburn coaches are not going to go negative and warn you about what you are stepping into if you select florida state, but I will.

Winning them All

Despite playing in what The Sporting News called, “the weakest BCS conference this side of the Big East” for the last twenty years (since before you were born) florida state has only ONE (1) undefeated season since 1951.

Despite playing in what has been called, “the toughest division in football” Auburn has THREE (3) undefeated seasons since 1993.  There is no program in America you could sign with that has more undefeated seasons during this time.

ACC vs SEC - Play With and Against the Best

The SEC is simply the best football conference in America, and Auburn plays in the best division of that conference.  There is no higher plain in college football.  Who doesn’t want to test their skills against the best and play alongside the best players in America?

Since the inception of the BCS an SEC team has won the BCS National Championship almost 60% of the time. 

The SEC has won the last six straight Championships, with Auburn winning in 2010 and finishing second in 2004.

The ACC?  Not so much.

The ACC has a record of 2-13 in BCS bowl games.  You simply cannot win a Championship if you are not battle tested throughout the season and ready to perform when the lights come on.   Do you want to be on that podium holding the crystal football with the confetti raining down as Auburn was last year?

Auburn ALONE has as many BCS wins as the entire ACC.  Let me repeat that.  Auburn ALONE has as many BCS wins as the entire ACC.     

florida state’s last (and only) BCS win was back in 2000.  You were probably seven or eight years old. 

Coaches

During Gene Chizik’s three seasons at Auburn, despite building a program in what is universally considered the toughest division in the toughest conference in America, he has led the program to an SEC and National Championship (in just his second season) and has averaged 10 wins per season.  He has been a part of two undefeated seasons in his time at Auburn as Defensive Coordinator in 2004 (winning the Broyles Award as the top assistant coach in America) and Head Coach in 2010 (winning several National Coach of the Year awards).     

Jimbo Fisher has been associated with the florida state program for five seasons as some combination of Offensive Coordinator, Head Coach in Waiting and Head Coach.  During this time, despite playing in what is generally thought of as an average at best conference, they have never lost fewer than FOUR (4) games and have twice lost as many as 6.

Awards and Recognition

In the last decade an fsu player has only won one (1) of the “National” awards.  Their kicker won the Lou Groza award in 2008.  If you know any good kickers tell them to go to florida state, but if YOU want to be recognized at the highest level…

During that same decade, Auburn players have won the:

Heisman Trophy

Walter Camp Award

Maxwell Award

Davey O’Brien Award

Manning Award

Lombardi Award

Jim Thorpe Award

Here are some random comments from national writers about the ACC:

“For the ACC to remain a legitimate BCS member and avoid defection from its members, the conference had to acquire at least two schools from the Big East, the weakest BCS conference.”

“The biggest problem for the AP poll was the ACC, which was the worst of the BCS conferences.”

“…teams from weak BCS conferences (like the ACC or Big East)…”

“The Orange Bowl has the ACC and the Big East, which are traditionally the two weakest links among the BCS conferences.”

“The ACC is now the weakest BCS conference. What I hate is that FSU is now stuck in a basketball-first conference…”

“Again, you figure football is what matters and the ACC has been the second- weakest BCS conference (better only than the Big East) for a while.”

“The ACC is a basketball conference with at best 3 good football schools (FSU, Miami, and VT).”

Just a little reading material between now and 2/1.

There are thousands of people you have never met who can’t wait to welcome this great group of signees into the Auburn Family.  Become a part of something special.  We would love to see you in orange and blue.

That's what she said.  Sorry.  Probably a little late to the game, but i had to.   

Anybody here is welcome to post this anywhere they want.  I posted it to the Football board on autigers but that is it.  Somebody who has access to AuburnUndercover and/or the rivals site might put it there.  Take pieces of it and tweet them.  E-mail it to some of these AU guys who have large followings on Twitter.  Whatever.  I did it so Auburn people would know these things and maybe, just maybe, a prospect or parent might come across it.

The most important point to me is he conference they would be playing in.  The ACC has two BCS bowl wins in its history and you are going there thinking you are going to win a championship? 

Your OP is an EXCELLENT post. Here is a link to  the Auburn Athletics Dept. directory.  Scroll down to the football section and it gives you the phone number and email address of every Coach on the team. Since we only have a week to go, why don't you email your post to at least Coaches Chizik, Luper (recruiting), VanGorder, Loeffler. You can also call too and let them know what is coming. I think this can be of benefit to them in the next 7 days.

http://www.auburntigers.com/ot/staff-directory.html

Your OP is an EXCELLENT post. Here is a link to  the Auburn Athletics Dept. directory.  Scroll down to the football section and it gives you the phone number and email address of every Coach on the team. Since we only have a week to go, why don't you email your post to at least Coaches Chizik, Luper (recruiting), VanGorder, Loeffler. You can also call too and let them know what is coming. I think this can be of benefit to them in the next 7 days.

Are you suggesting that our coaches don't already know these things? Really?

I am suggesting that it is an excellent post, a nice summation and even though we all know a lot of things, its a help to people who are extremely busy at the moment to have bullet point summaries like this. Really

I am suggesting that it is an excellent post, a nice summation and even though we all know a lot of things, its a help to people who are extremely busy at the moment to have bullet point summaries like this. Really

Well, I won't say you're wrong, because it's certainly an excellent post, and I don't know how the coaches operate, but something tells me that they know what they are doing without our input...

i think the suppostion here is that our coaches don't take the road of pointing out the shortfalls of our opponents, but rather highlight all that is good with Auburn.  Sure, the coaches know these things, but i don't know that all of the recruits do.  It is great ammunition for the world of recruits to help them in their decision of chosing which school to attend.  I hope our staff does use these tactics, as it is a very well documented, factual approach to sway decisions.  However, it is my understanding that CGC and staff taking a "highroad" approach to recruiting.  it's time to take the gloves off and reel them in.

;D:we::thumbsup:

Archived