2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

Yeah, I think he's by far the most important prospect coming this weekend.  He'd solidify an outstanding DL unit for several years to come.

THIS!!!  Liner, Lawson, and Adams.  What a haul that would be! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think he's by far the most important prospect coming this weekend.  He'd solidify an outstanding DL unit for several years to come.

Great, and can you imagine Trey Johnson and Foster playing LB on the same unit?

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Unfortunately, that may not be a possibility. It would most likely be one or the other, IMO. I'm not sure how TJ would react to that.

Unfortunately, that may not be a possibility. It would most likely be one or the other, IMO. I'm not sure how TJ would react to that.

TJ could get over it. I want any kid here that genuinely wants to be here and wants to compete, but if any kid is going to wilt at the idea of competition, he can get out. Alabama signs multiple stud LBs in each recruiting class (whether we want to admit it or not), and none of those kids are scared off by a little competition. Thus, Bama has a stacked, championship-cailber defense that's 2-3 deep at each position.

And FTR, I don't think we'll get both of them either, but I highly doubt it would affect either of them getting playing time if both did come here. Both are uber-talented and could compete for a starting spot from Day 1. If Bama can find a way to play all these LBs they sign each year, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of playing time for these guys. Our LB corps isn't exactly All-American caliber.

TJ could get over it. I want any kid here that genuinely wants to be here and wants to compete, but if any kid is going to wilt at the idea of competition, he can get out. Alabama signs multiple stud LBs in each recruiting class (whether we want to admit it or not), and none of those kids are scared off by a little competition. Thus, Bama has a stacked, championship-cailber defense that's 2-3 deep at each position.

And FTR, I don't think we'll get both of them either, but I highly doubt it would affect either of them getting playing time if both did come here. Both are uber-talented and could compete for a starting spot from Day 1. If Bama can find a way to play all these LBs they sign each year, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of playing time for these guys. Our LB corps isn't exactly All-American caliber.

The problem is both Trey and Foster project as MLBs in college and unless we are making some secret switch to a 3-4 we would have to convince one of these guys to play OLB.

In no way was I trying to imply that he would wilt at competition, but it could make TJ weigh his other options further, in which case could open the door for some other school to woo him... Sometimes in recruiting, all you need is a foot in the door. Even now, he is taking a serious look at other programs, such as Notre Dame, USC, Miami and Penn State.

The problem is both Trey and Foster project as MLBs in college and unless we are making some secret switch to a 3-4 we would have to convince one of these guys to play OLB.

I understand but Reuben is huge, fast, and quick.  I think he is best suited for OLB and as a pass rusher.

The info. below is from Bleacher Report.  I hope the people who are saying we lead know more then the people at Scout.com.

Photo By 247Sports.com

Montravius Adams is a Peach State native who plays DT. He's explosive at the snap, showing overwhelming snap quickness in comparison to blockers.

Adams has quick hands and solid strength. The only thing missing from his game is better technique. He could be a great three-technique player in college, but Adams should excel in any scheme where he's allowed to one-gap.

Look for LSU, USC, Oregon, Michigan State and TCU to possibly get visits, per Scout.com.

you mean he's going to visit schools that are far away and would cost a lot of money for free?  Weird.

Hearing a rumor that he is committing at BCW or right after!  :wedance: Are you hearing anything Jonesy?

Probably going to commit very late in the process. Either on NSD or a few days before.

Jonesy, you still feeling good about him. Not doubting you, but you seem to be the only one saying we lead.

lobos

Jonesy, you still feeling good about him. Not doubting you, but you seem to be the only one saying we lead.

lobos

Aggies. A very good friend played basketball for NM State.

you mean he's going to visit schools that are far away and would cost a lot of money for free?  Weird.

^^^This^^^ and taking a "serious look" at other schools are very different. I'm not saying that he isn't serious about the process but as long as he's committed to AU, I'll take it that he is doing what Bird mentions. I would likely do the same thing were I in his shoes.

lobos

Jonesy finally sees the light. :yay:

Adams plays in class A ball for Dooly County in GA. This is completely unfair. If you watch his film, he is throwing kids to the ground that are no better than 1/2 his size. It is actually almost scary to watch. He is quick for his size and gets through the hole faster than most teams square up to block him. Then he pounces on the RB or QB. They do not have a chance.

I am sure he has gone to camps, etc. where his competition was much better and he is rated the best inside D lineman in HS this year. When he gets to college, it will be the first time anyone will have actually blocked him outside of any football camps he has attended. It will be interesting to see how he makes out verses guys his own size.

I think with his quickness, he will win his fair share of battles. 

Camps are a good opportunity for small school guys to find out how they compare with kids their own size.  That's why we see our coaches recruiting/offering some of the 3* or unknown kids .  It's rare for a 1A kid to get enough respect to rate 5* and in case of Adams, I would guess that his rating is based more on camp performance than just pushing around a bunch of under-sized opponents on Friday nights.

Camps are a good opportunity for small school guys to find out how they compare with kids their own size.   That's why we see our coaches recruiting/offering some of the 3* or unknown kids .  It's rare for a 1A kid to get enough respect to rate 5* and in case of Adams, I would guess that his rating is based more on camp performance than just pushing around a bunch of under-sized opponents on Friday nights.

Well that and he completely dominated the Georgia All Star Juniors game in January.

M. Adams

"With Auburn, Cam Newton and Nick Fairley are two of my favorites players. Me playing where they played at is a great honor. Nick Fairley is my favorite defensive lineman and me coming to do what he did is what I want to do."

M. Adams

"With Auburn, Cam Newton and Nick Fairley are two of my favorites players. Me playing where they played at is a great honor. Nick Fairley is my favorite defensive lineman and me coming to do what he did is what I want to do."

Should go ahead and pull the trigger!

Long road to NSD, hope Mr. Adams faxes in his LOI on Febuary.

Has Montravius said if he will enroll early?

Most likely not...And with a small graduating class of 13 we likely can not take many plays in early because we are at full capacity. Thus for players to enroll early we have to have some players graduate in December.

Archived