2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think we can get a commitment from him during BCW..

No, NSD

you think we can get a commitment from him during BCW..

No, NSD

Agreed. He's the type of commit the media wants to pressure to wait until NSD and the All Star Games to commit.

There actually is a strong possibility that Dee will be a DT for us...he is already at least in the 260s, and his frame could easily hold more. Dee has stated that he would rather play the DE/LB role, but realistically, by the time he makes it to campus he will be a DT  :we:

Couples, the Jets first round pick was drafted as a DE at 285. Wouldn't look too much into his weight.

Most of the notable pro DEs are 6'-5" and 265-285 lbs. Liner has the footwork/athleticism to play either.

247 seems to believe that Clemson and UGA are the top two leaders for Adams with Auburn coming in 3rd.

Well if we can somehow pull in MA and keep the DL we have then our DL and OL will both be knocking everyone around in a year or 2. With that kind of talent on both lines competing in practice it will just make both of them that much better.

247 seems to believe that Clemson and UGA are the top two leaders for Adams with Auburn coming in 3rd.

Who on 247 sports believes this? I am not sure it matters anyway, because I think MA is still a long way away from making a final decision

It seems that only posters on here, as well respected as they are, are the only ones saying we lead. I sure hope they are right!

FYI.....Spring practice beginning this week in Vienna for Mr. Adams.  Currently,  word from the street committee is Clemson is still very high on his list along with AU.  Also per tje coaches,  several SEC coaches/programs will be in attendace in Vienna this week!  Alot of action for this small town.

Guest jrljr

It seems that only posters on here, as well respected as they are, are the only ones saying we lead. I sure hope they are right!

Jonesy knows from which he speaks. Adams coming to BCW is huge and while I would love for him to commit then I believe he waits awhile. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a new ESPN Recruiting Rumor entitled , "Top DT recruit is taking a "long look" at Auburn, while Georgia waits" . I am quite sure it is talking about Adams. Can anyone summarize?

Guest Tigereagle03

there is a new ESPN Recruiting Rumor entitled , "Top DT recruit is taking a "long look" at Auburn, while Georgia waits" . I am quite sure it is talking about Adams. Can anyone summarize? Link btw http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors?date=20120522&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20120522

there is a new ESPN Recruiting Rumor entitled , "Top DT recruit is taking a "long look" at Auburn, while Georgia waits" . I am quite sure it is talking about Adams. Can anyone summarize?

It quotes Rivals.com southeast recruiting analyst Keith Niebuhr as saying he's giving Auburn a long look, but Georgia is still up there. The meat of the article is only two sentences. You aren't missing much.

Archived