2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

Long road to NSD, hope Mr. Adams faxes in his LOI on Febuary.

Has Montravius said if he will enroll early?

Most likely not...And with a small graduating class of 13 we likely can not take many plays in early because we are at full capacity. Thus for players to enroll early we have to have some players graduate in December.

Man that is nice to finally see. To finally be competing against the other SEC teams with a full compliment of players, the other teams will have to play a fully rostered Auburn team instead of one with no depth. Payback will be a brutal one for those teams.  Better strap it on tight SEC. BECAUSE.....

WE COMIN!  >:(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, and can you imagine Trey Johnson and Foster playing LB on the same unit?

Unfortunately, that may not be a possibility. It would most likely be one or the other, IMO. I'm not sure how TJ would react to that.

TJ could get over it. I want any kid here that genuinely wants to be here and wants to compete, but if any kid is going to wilt at the idea of competition, he can get out. Alabama signs multiple stud LBs in each recruiting class (whether we want to admit it or not), and none of those kids are scared off by a little competition. Thus, Bama has a stacked, championship-cailber defense that's 2-3 deep at each position.

And FTR, I don't think we'll get both of them either, but I highly doubt it would affect either of them getting playing time if both did come here. Both are uber-talented and could compete for a starting spot from Day 1. If Bama can find a way to play all these LBs they sign each year, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of playing time for these guys. Our LB corps isn't exactly All-American caliber.

The problem is both Trey and Foster project as MLBs in college and unless we are making some secret switch to a 3-4 we would have to convince one of these guys to play OLB.

Anyone that doesn't think that BVG wouldn't get both those guys on the field at the same time is silly. Trust me, they wouldn't be competing against each other.

Unfortunately, that may not be a possibility. It would most likely be one or the other, IMO. I'm not sure how TJ would react to that.

TJ could get over it. I want any kid here that genuinely wants to be here and wants to compete, but if any kid is going to wilt at the idea of competition, he can get out. Alabama signs multiple stud LBs in each recruiting class (whether we want to admit it or not), and none of those kids are scared off by a little competition. Thus, Bama has a stacked, championship-cailber defense that's 2-3 deep at each position.

And FTR, I don't think we'll get both of them either, but I highly doubt it would affect either of them getting playing time if both did come here. Both are uber-talented and could compete for a starting spot from Day 1. If Bama can find a way to play all these LBs they sign each year, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of playing time for these guys. Our LB corps isn't exactly All-American caliber.

The problem is both Trey and Foster project as MLBs in college and unless we are making some secret switch to a 3-4 we would have to convince one of these guys to play OLB.

Anyone that doesn't think that BVG wouldn't get both those guys on the field at the same time is silly. Trust me, they wouldn't be competing against each other.

Oh I'm not saying he couldn't or that they would both stay at MLB, it's just that you have two guys who are used to being the general of their defenses and you are going to have to talk one into giving that up.

Oh I'm not saying he couldn't or that they would both stay at MLB, it's just that you have two guys who are used to being the general of their defenses and you are going to have to talk one into giving that up.

I think you sell both of them on being Cadillac/Ronnie. General 1a/1b. Sell them on being the best lineback duo in the nation.

Scout lists Trey as an OLB.

I think you sell both of them on being Cadillac/Ronnie. General 1a/1b. Sell them on being the best lineback duo in the nation.

Love to have them both, but someone will have to beat out Holland/Cassanova to even make this conversation relevent. :P

Scout lists Trey as an OLB.

That might be what they have him as and some might even have RF as an OLB but both are MLB's. And that's not saying they couldn't play OLB. If we end up with both than I would have to tip my hat to the coaches.

Love to have them both, but someone will have to beat out Holland/Cassanova to even make this conversation relevent. :P

This kinda makes me laugh, not that I'm laughing at the post or the poster but because it has been so long since we were truly two-deep on defense that we sometimes forget that a player can be relevant and not be a starter.

Auburn has a great shot. If he were to sign today, I believe it would be Auburn but we have a long time until NSD. I doubt he makes a decision before January.

Who would you rather have Eddie Goldman or Montravius Adams? just wondering

Both!!

Who would you rather have Eddie Goldman or Montravius Adams? just wondering

Adams. Word started getting around the Goldman did not have a high motor. But then again that may just be the jealous Bammers way of reacting they were not going to get Goldman.

Our D-Line class would be the sickest ever landed if we got this guy. 3  Five stars on the D-Line alone? RIDICULOUS!!! Come on down and help AU have the most talented, feared, deepest D-line in all of NCAA football!!!

Our D-Line class would be the sickest ever landed if we got this guy. 3  Five stars on the D-Line alone? RIDICULOUS!!! Come on down and help AU have the most talented, feared, deepest D-line in all of NCAA football!!!

on paper still behind the Gator 2010 class. Lets hope our tigers out produce them on the field.

Guest EagleDamnWar

on paper still behind the Gator 2010 class. Jets hope our tigers out produce them on the field.

If we landed Foster (2), Adams (10), Lawson (14), Liner (15), Matthews (85), Ramsey (90) and Bowers (most likely top 100 in end) that still wouldn't match Florida's 2010 D haul of Powell (1), Floyd (4), Easley (7), Elam (25), Shaw (28), Watkins (47), and Orr (95)

maybe, but I'd sure be happy.

I am already happy. If we got all those guys i would be rcstatic.

I am already happy. If we got all those guys i would be rcstatic.

does that mean your toy car won't run?

rcstatic.

does that mean your toy car won't run?

Couldn't fly that one by the bird!

Archived