Proud but also hurting!

avltiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this thread is so frustrating.

1) Stop trying to compare Auburn to any other school.

2) Be happy with the kids that signed with Auburn.

3) Support the coach who is full of character

Look, I'm going to be blatantly honest with you people. I don't see the problem. Auburn finished 11th by one service's account and 14th in the other. If I remember correctly, the highest class Tubs had was 11th. They averaged around 17th.

Not only that but AU filled some holes. Maybe not all, but all holes aren't usually filled. Auburn needed help at LB, OL, and WR. They've got it. Maybe Auburn could have signed some more or higher rated DL but who's to say the ones AU got won't be exceptional.

I think some of you get too worked up over what the other program does. So what if they signed the highest recruiting classes year in and out? Would you want AU coaches to treat players as badly as the players at bama have been treated? I could not care less about their players, I care about Auburn's. I feel they should be treated better.

Chaotic - couldn't agree more. Great post. I've been on here all day and night pumping sunshine.

I believe Tubbs 06 class was around number 6. That was Kodi Burns and Lee Ziemba year. They were both 5*. 

Proud of the players we did get. Disapointed in the staff for losing so many 4 and 5 * guys. Guys who went else where on what should have been a banner class after winning the national championship in 2010. This should have been our year in having the #1 class in the nation.

The staff obviously tried their absolute best to get them here and it didn't work out. The only other option was to pay them to change their minds. There are other great schools and programs in the nation. Not everyone in the nation wants to come to Auburn.

^^This X 100000

We see Auburn University and our experiences at AU and are often times blinded by how great we believe it is. We love Auburn for more than just the football team that competes for +/- 3 months out of the freakin year.

There are many great schools and football programs throughout the country. Heck, many are right in our own conference. Not every pimply faced teenage football player still in high school is going to see AU the way we see it. And, I don't think we as AU Family should criticize and bash them for making a choice to attend another school. To each his own, AU will get theirs, just like the rest of the programs.

This, friends, is a troll.

no he's not.  You may not agree with his opinion, I don't necessarily, but he has every right to voice them.  He wasn't flaming, just presenting his side.

Why didn't we do better in Georgia? Didn't ugly end up 6-7 in 2011?

We signed 5 of the top 75 players in GA. 3 of those 5 are in the Top 13 for the state of GA. :banghead:

And common sense would tell you that UGA would do well in their own state. :banghead:

Bird, Thanks!

Budepest:  I've located the 120s for 2009, 2010, 2011, & 2012 and I will be working on an answer for you.  Thanks for the tip!

wde!!

why would you be hurting? we have had a solid recruiting class each year under Chizik. we don't have to process anybody unless they just do stupid things. alabama wins nothing for having the "#1 " recruiting class when it's all about coaches coaching and players playing. the talent is already here in the program and the 20 players we signed help solidify the depth at each position. i wouldn't be worrying about the quantity of the recruiting class we have or the "key" signees we missed on because the coaches didn't recruit just on star ratings alone. I'd rather have classes of 20 or so 3*, 4*, and 5* recruits that can be coached to execute and will definitely see playing time than to have a full class of 4* and 5* recruits in which the coach picks and chooses who he processes and will never play.

CGC doesn't process anyone! If you get the boot, It's because you failed to hold up your end of the bargin, Grades or off the field trouble.  :devil: processes kids, just look at that poor kid that got the stiffy from  :devil: and the turds yesterday. It breaks my heart that that kid will never have the chance to live his dream, even if it's UAT. It's not about hate and rivalry, It's about right and wrong.  :devil: never does the right thing, He's always giving some kids the stiffy

Proud of the players we did get. Disapointed in the staff for losing so many 4 and 5 * guys. Guys who went else where on what should have been a banner class after winning the national championship in 2010. This should have been our year in having the #1 class in the nation.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This, friends, is a troll.

I can promise you he is not. We're from the same home town.

That's the first thing that comes out of some of the members here anytime some one post something that they don't like.  In fact it happens so often that I think that some of the accusers are the trolls and just trying to send the attention somewhere else.

why would you be hurting? we have had a solid recruiting class each year under Chizik. we don't have to process anybody unless they just do stupid things. alabama wins nothing for having the "#1 " recruiting class when it's all about coaches coaching and players playing. the talent is already here in the program and the 20 players we signed help solidify the depth at each position. i wouldn't be worrying about the quantity of the recruiting class we have or the "key" signees we missed on because the coaches didn't recruit just on star ratings alone. I'd rather have classes of 20 or so 3*, 4*, and 5* recruits that can be coached to execute and will definitely see playing time than to have a full class of 4* and 5* recruits in which the coach picks and chooses who he processes and will never play.

CGC doesn't process anyone! If you get the boot, It's because you failed to hold up your end of the bargin, Grades or off the field trouble.  :devil: processes kids, just look at that poor kid that got the stiffy from  :devil: and the turds yesterday. It breaks my heart that that kid will never have the chance to live his dream, even if it's UAT. It's not about hate and rivalry, It's about right and wrong.  :devil: never does the right thing, He's always giving some kids the stiffy

The kid is still getting a free ride at an SEC school.  He spruned us to play for one butt, and ended up having to sign on to play for another butt.  And, that breaks your heart?  Why?

Hey golf...he was just being kind calling the guy a troll.  If he said the comment was DUMB...you or bird would probably dump the post.    ;)

Actually saying someone is a bammer is a much more common event here than saying troll. You know, like when they rationalize, defend or take up for Nicky at every turn even in the face of a worthy questions while claiming to be a realist......oh wait a minute.......

Actually saying someone is a bammer is a much more common event here than saying troll. You know, like when they rationalize, defend or take up for Nicky at every turn even in the face of a worthy questions while claiming to be a realist......oh wait a minute.......

So true :bow: :bow:

nah, saying a comment is dumb is different that saying someone is dumb.

Not a lot different and inappropriate. Usually people use such terms because they are not smart enough to express themselves in a more appropriate manner. There is no place for those types of comments.

Hey golf...he was just being kind calling the guy a troll.  If he said the comment was DUMB...you or bird would probably dump the post.     ;)

You calling bird a dumb...? Smart man

Face the facts.. It's virtually impossible to go up in recruiting against 1) a team that has the state name 2) recruits using tactics that could be described as dirty.

1)Auburn can go "up in "recruiting against a team with a state name . In fact ,it can be an advantage . The town,campus,fans ,traditions,coaches and school are as good as it gets. Auburn is an American treasure. As Auburn  keeps winning ,great things will happen.2) The dirty will get careless and eventually fall.  :believe:

Not a lot different and inappropriate. Usually people use such terms because they are not smart enough to express themselves in a more appropriate manner. There is no place for those types of comments.

really? Gonna go ahead and pick up that banner again, huh.  :laugh:

really? Gonna go ahead and pick up that banner again, huh.  :laugh:

Deal with it and learn from your mistakes.    :cool:

or its that those aren't intelligent enough to comprehend the difference. 

I think all dogs secretly lust after cats.  That is a stupid comment, however I'm not stupid. See the difference?

or its that those aren't intelligent enough to comprehend the difference. 

I think all dogs secretly lust after cats.  That is a stupid comment, however I'm not stupid. See the difference?

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Archived