When am I going to stop doubting CGC?

aushrink

If you listen to Fbaum, etc turn it off.  Remember every article written by Bama media has a slam against Auburn. Become a sunshine pumper (optimist), it is better for your nerves. Remember it is great to be an Auburn Tiger but put God and your family first. Remember your selfworth is not controlled by a game.

Couldn't  have said it better myself

On Sunday it is very appropriate to give a shout out to Jesus.  If you read All In as several have suggested, you will learn that Coach coaches football not to win games but to win the hearts of young men over to Jesus.  In doing so, he wins his fair share along the way.  When God and Jesus are with you, who can be against you.  I don't believe they involve themselves in football games, but those who believe walk a path that prepares one to deal with all types of adversity whether it be sin, a slow start on NSD or spotting someone 24.  Think of how many games we have won because we came back.  Understand that Coach could care less whether we doubt him.  He is accountable to a much higher power who has unconditional love for and faith in him.

On Sunday it is very appropriate to give a shout out to Jesus.  If you read All In as several have suggested, you will learn that Coach coaches football not to win games but to win the hearts of young men over to Jesus.  In doing so, he wins his fair share along the way.  When God and Jesus are with you, who can be against you.  I don't believe they involve themselves in football games, but those who believe walk a path that prepares one to deal with all types of adversity whether it be sin, a slow start on NSD or spotting someone 24.  Think of how many games we have won because we came back.  Understand that Coach could care less whether we doubt him.  He is accountable to a much higher power who has unconditional love for and faith in him.

i could not have said it better myself.

I can say one thing for sure, I really would not want to play Coach Chizik in poker!!   :we:

I would love to, actually. Of course, that's because I enjoy playing a good poker match, and far too often I've been at the table with people who think they know how to play poker because they know the hand strengths...Chizik seems the type who would make for a worth adversary. :cool:

Heck of a post right there, well said!  :bow:

i could not have said it better myself.

Indeed...

I can say one thing for sure, I really would not want to play Coach Chizik in poker!!   :we:

I would love to, actually. Of course, that's because I enjoy playing a good poker match, and far too often I've been at the table with people who think they know how to play poker because they know the hand strengths...Chizik seems the type who would make for a worth adversary. :cool:

Red, all true but I am pretty sure I would lose....... :we:

Red, all true but I am pretty sure I would lose....... :we:

If you were playing me and Chizik, you definitely would! :tease:

1st - I am a Christian.  That being posted, Gene Chizik and his staff (along with Jay Jacobs for that matter) are being paid to win football games.  AU is a football school.  Period.  Our Athletic Department will only thrive if our football team is successful and that means winning football games.  "All In" (the book and slogan) is great when you win the BCS National Championship, but will not keep Chizik employed if we have two more years like 2011.  I would prefer my coach to be a Christian as well, but he is not hired to be a Christian, he is hired to win football games.  I guarantee that if we have two more years like 2011, then Gene Chizik and staff will be looking for work elsewhere.  AU plays in the most competitive conference in football in the country.  Wins (to include wins over your rivals and championships) are what keeps coaches employed.

Doubting Chizik at every turn is stupid.  So is 100% blind loyalty.  Men make mistakes, to believe or trust otherwise is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

wde

Can't wait to see how coach Chizik does in his 4th year @ AU. I hope it's a lot better than his 1st year or his 3rd year.

I see you're still holding him accountable a4e.

Can't wait to see how coach Chizik does in his 4th year @ AU. I hope it's a lot better than his 1st year or his 3rd year.

Obviously, even years are the shiznizzle.

1st - I am a Christian.  That being posted, Gene Chizik and his staff (along with Jay Jacobs for that matter) are being paid to win football games.  AU is a football school.  Period.  Our Athletic Department will only thrive if our football team is successful and that means winning football games.  "All In" (the book and slogan) is great when you win the BCS National Championship, but will not keep Chizik employed if we have two more years like 2011.  I would prefer my coach to be a Christian as well, but he is not hired to be a Christian, he is hired to win football games.  I guarantee that if we have two more years like 2011, then Gene Chizik and staff will be looking for work elsewhere.  AU plays in the most competitive conference in football in the country.  Wins (to include wins over your rivals and championships) are what keeps coaches employed.

Doubting Chizik at every turn is stupid.  So is 100% blind loyalty.  Men make mistakes, to believe or trust otherwise is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

wde

Sad but true....

Although I dont think this past season is really a barometer of where the program is. I know you didn't mean it that way, but the season turned out a lot better than I could have imagined. But yes, if progress isn't shown there will be problems. However, I believe we have a lot to look forward to. I'm excited about AU football.

Actually experience shows that being a sunshine pumper is safer too....don't have to back-track or apologize (or leave the board) nearly as often as the debbies and nancys.   

Have a happy day ....and send a little sunshine to your friends on AE. :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know, I do too. I also hope that we, as the Auburn Family, will have a more positive outlook on things. There is so much to be positive about that it is easy! :we:

Archived