2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Gut feeling, E: AU or UA?

I am saying Auburn right now because Bama just got Holcombe and even though he is listed as a LB his Bama scouting report is the exact same as Clark's and he may very easily play safety of LB.

Are UAT's scouting reports on the 'net somewhere? I'd like a link, please.

Not one actual link. Stuff on Clark and Holcombe came from Bama insiders.

being told that Holcombe will accept a grayshirt AND he fits under that stupid bahr bryant scholarship exception. i know a fraction of what you know, E, but my gut says Holcombe doesn't affect Clark.

Based on the new scholly rules I think the Bams are dead wrong on Holconmbe and he will count on the 85 and 25 for them.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gut feeling, E: AU or UA?

I am saying Auburn right now because Bama just got Holcombe and even though he is listed as a LB his Bama scouting report is the exact same as Clark's and he may very easily play safety of LB.

Are UAT's scouting reports on the 'net somewhere? I'd like a link, please.

Not one actual link. Stuff on Clark and Holcombe came from Bama insiders.

being told that Holcombe will accept a grayshirt AND he fits under that stupid bahr bryant scholarship exception. i know a fraction of what you know, E, but my gut says Holcombe doesn't affect Clark.

Based on the new scholly rules I think the Bams are dead wrong on Holconmbe and he will count on the 85 and 25 for them.

What the heck is a bb scholarship exception?

The Bams think they can put football players on the Bryant scholly, which goes to relatives to former Bear Bryant players, and it not count in the 85/25 limits.

The Bams think they can put football players on the Bryant scholly, which goes to relatives to former Bear Bryant players, and it not count in the 85/25 limits.

A son/daughter of a former Bear player can go to UAT on scholarship. If that child is a D1 level type player and is recruited by other schools as such, then they do count to the 85/25 limit.

A son/daughter of a former Bear player can go to UAT on scholarship. If that child is a D1 level type player and is recruited by other schools as such, then they do count to the 85/25 limit.

YUP!

I doubt holcombe plays safety in college.

He may not. Just saying the scouting reports from Bama analysts are almost identical.

I think the odds are 80% Bama and 20% Auburn with Clark.

FWIW both Auburn and Bama analysts are saying they don't know and don't think either staff knows either. Every recent prediction I have seen has been the Bird Line with maybe 1 team having a slight edge.

What do you think about those odds, E?

50/50 (haha)?

Same as every other fairly informed person right now. I don't have a strong feel either way yet.

Haha I just checked up on 247, and they ended up with the exact odds that I said. http://247sports.com...nie-Clark-20018

yes but the last prediction for bama was in june, while the three most recent predictions were all auburn. Those percentages only mean something to me if all the predictions occur within a week or two of each other. Otherwise too much time and too many things have occurred to make those predictions and percentages in any way valid.

FWIW both Auburn and Bama analysts are saying they don't know and don't think either staff knows either. Every recent prediction I have seen has been the Bird Line with maybe 1 team having a slight edge.

What the hell is a BIRD line??

50/50 of course

Haha I just checked up on 247, and they ended up with the exact odds that I said. http://247sports.com...nie-Clark-20018

yes but the last prediction for bama was in june, while the three most recent predictions were all auburn. Those percentages only mean something to me if all the predictions occur within a week or two of each other. Otherwise too much time and too many things have occurred to make those predictions and percentages in any way valid.

39793331.jpg

39793331.jpg

I try, really though I just don't see much critical thinking in my age group and it's disappointing. Especially when it comes to statistics, as a chemistry major I was taught that all my readouts contain multiple layers of information so look at and analyze them, cancel the noise, and compare every solid point to reach a final conclusion.

I could look at a mass spec readout and decipher the chemical make up of a molecule, but by looking at the other fragments of data I can find where each of those elements are joined with another. But I'd be irresponsible to report on that information without looking at IR spec and NMR spec to show formation and structure.

So to tie it back to recruiting, there are lots of facts and stats and numbers that separate can lead to many different outcomes. You can't just take one thing as proof but must conglomerate all the evidence, ESPECIALLY the most recent evidence, when coming to a conclusion.

I try, really though I just don't see much critical thinking in my age group and it's disappointing. Especially when it comes to statistics, as a chemistry major I was taught that all my readouts contain multiple layers of information so look at and analyze them, cancel the noise, and compare every solid point to reach a final conclusion.

I could look at a mass spec readout and decipher the chemical make up of a molecule, but by looking at the other fragments of data I can find where each of those elements are joined with another. But I'd be irresponsible to report on that information without looking at IR spec and NMR spec to show formation and structure.

jeff-dunham-peanut-o.gif

So to tie it back to recruiting, there are lots of facts and stats and numbers that separate can lead to many different outcomes. You can't just take one thing as proof but must conglomerate all the evidence, ESPECIALLY the most recent evidence, when coming to a conclusion.

I took that in to consideration. I was just surprised to see that I guessed 80/20 and it was exactly that on 247, that's all.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/bird-on-a-wire/

Archived