2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he chooses us and sticks with his commitment.

He seems like a very mature & classy kid that would stick with his commitment. That's why it's crucial that we get him next month. This guy can be a real difference maker in the secondary and in the locker room.

I liken him to Marcus Washington. Lets hope he picks the good guys and he can be that guy. If we seeing his family leaving Otown in a fleet of chargers, we know whats up.

Can't comment on specific reasons due to it being "Premium Content" but I can say that I hope KK knows something I don't. I would like to see how many folks thought the same thing. All the external signs seem positive but just going by his body language I wasn't encouraged. Someone please show/tell me I'm wrong!! I would love nothing better in this case. Maybe I put too much stock in this one Q&A session and have missed the big picture. We can really use you RC!

Can't comment on specific reasons due to it being "Premium Content" but I can say that I hope KK knows something I don't. I would like to see how many folks thought the same thing. All the external signs seem positive but just going by his body language I wasn't encouraged. Someone please show/tell me I'm wrong!! I would love nothing better in this case. Maybe I put too much stock in this one Q&A session and have missed the big picture. We can really use you RC!

lol. That body language you speak of is free content you silly bird. Pics, practice, and interview. Interview starts at the 1:20 mark.

which current commit is working on Ronnie like White is working to recruit Roc Thomas?

Tre

Thanks E. In the 247Sports interview Ronnie seemed to talk more about Alabama--when was this interview and do you see it meaning much of anything at this point? How much influence does it seem that Tre is having on him? Is he trying to recruit Tre to Alabama?

Thanks E. In the 247Sports interview Ronnie seemed to talk more about Alabama--when was this interview and do you see it meaning much of anything at this point? How much influence does it seem that Tre is having on him? Is he trying to recruit Tre to Alabama?

1. I see more meaning in Keith Niebuhr going to interview Clark and having a Live w/ Ronnie Clark day. For the most part he has only done that with Kids committed to Auburn or about to commit to Auburn. Also Austin Penny and Bryan Matthews changed their picks from Bama to Auburn right after Clark's visit to Auburn. Bryan is not one to quickly change his pick like that unless something is there. 2. Not sure. 3. I doubt it. People can stop worrying about Tre. As of now he is not going to Bama.

lol. That body language you speak of is free content you silly bird. Pics, practice, and interview. Interview starts at the 1:20 mark.

Damnation E! I was just teeing it up for YOU. Seriously though, was it just me? When he couldn't think of the Head Coaches name or anything positive that stands out at AU I was a little deflated. I agree that BM and AP (especially BM) changing their CB pick and KK's comments are positive signs but all that was meaningless to me when he starts gushing on sabear and bammer being about business. Every recruit that has used that term ended up somewhere other than AU. Lets hope and pray he is starting a new trend here.

I don't like it but I agree with Dixie. Not only body language, but he loves Saban and T Town. I hope I am wrong.

I don't like it but I agree with Dixie. Not only body language, but he loves Saban and T Town. I hope I am wrong.

He doesn't strike me as a poker player, so I'm with y'all on this one. That being said, he is a 17 or 18 year old kid, so the likelihood of him changing his mind 387 times between now and his "commitment" date is pretty high, not to mention NSD.

He does not have any inside info on this one but FWIW, this from Jonesy

I actually hate our chances at Clark right now

Damnation E! I was just teeing it up for YOU. Seriously though, was it just me? When he couldn't think of the Head Coaches name or anything positive that stands out at AU I was a little deflated. I agree that BM and AP (especially BM) changing their CB pick and KK's comments are positive signs but all that was meaningless to me when he starts gushing on sabear and bammer being about business. Every recruit that has used that term ended up somewhere other than AU. Lets hope and pray he is starting a new trend here.

I'm afraid Dixie1860 is on to something. That interview doesn't sound like somebody that's spent a lot of time dreaming about a future at Auburn.

I'm afraid Dixie1860 is on to something. That interview doesn't sound like somebody that's spent a lot of time dreaming about a future at Auburn.

I agree at first glance. The environment of a young man in Calera is exposed to more Alabama than Auburn. He is from Louisiana, so to know more of Saban vs Malzhan is not surprising. Alabama's staff has been on him longer than AU's current staff, but 5 visits to Auburn with an unexpected showing at our last camp shows an attempt at a balanced decision. He has to want to go to AU in the end. The glitz and glamour with the current national champs has to be a draw. In the end hopefully family wins out.

He could barely think of coach malzhans name

That was the first sign to me. It's never a good sign when you don't know the head coach's name. After watching this video, I really wish this kid was waiting to commit later in the year.

I don't think you can tell which school he will pick from this video. But, did you all notice some of the catches he made? Did you notice that controlled nervous energy he had while being interviewed. He is going to be great.

In the end, our best counter to the "it's a business" argument is to create excitement and enthusiasm by WINNING. And, while there is no empirical evidence to prove it YET, I believe we now have the better coach. The recruiting playing field will be leveled after we show we are going to play better and win. After that, the only thing in this state that is going to roll, will be the BUS.

Again, let me start by saying that I WANT TO BE WRONG! But after the video and now that tid-bit from Jonesy it doesn't look good IMO. He is thinking about being drafted already I can assure you. I don't know about his families financial situation but that does not bode well for AU. I do agree with icanthearyou very strongly as well that this type situation will not change until we are winning. When that happens who knows what might occur? We may start flipping commits from sabear in short time.

What we need as well is for one or two in-state kids that sabear slow-plays to blow up at AU!! I am of the opinion that many of these kids would love to not play for sabear.

Archived