2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Honestly, even though I wear my orange and blue glasses all the time, I didn't get the feeling that he was down on Auburn, or had ruled us out, by that interview. The nervous energy that several have mentioned is what I think caused the lapse in memory on Coach Malzahn's name. We're all asked questiosn every day that we know the answer to, but stumble on the delivery. Everything he said about bammer is true (although I find it hard to believe that Satan ever "laughs and cuts up" with any recruit). Bammer puts kids in the NFL, especially defensive recruits. Until we start doing that, this is the trump card that bammer can play against Auburn. We need to come out this year and hit people in the mouth, and make them quit on the field. If that happens, the defensive recruits will line up to play for Coach Johnson and Coach Cheese.

If this young man does make his decision in August, I do think we miss on his committment announcement, but not necessarily on his LOI. This will be a battle until NSD, in my opinion.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will Christian Miller's commitment mean anything to Clark? i know Miller is a OLB, but many project Clark to grow into one... thoughts?

will Christian Miller's commitment mean anything to Clark? i know Miller is a OLB, but many project Clark to grow into one... thoughts?

No. Miller is not limited to OLB. He can play any of Bama's 4 LB spots. Also Bama is recruiting Clark at Safety not LB. The only affect Miller has as it pertains to Auburn is it cements Tre to Auburn from Bama's perspective.

No. Miller is not limited to OLB. He can play any of Bama's 4 LB spots. Also Bama is recruiting Clark at Safety not LB. The only affect Miller has as it pertains to Auburn is it cements Tre to Auburn from Bama's perspective.

I felt comfortable that Tre would stick with AU but this is good news for us. Tre may be the best coverage LB in this years class. Coverage skills in a LB are a huge plus. I think Tre will definitely be this classes defensive leader.

Heard from a bama friend that bama is focusing on a CJ Hampton flip (Ole Miss commit) and not on Ronnie Clark.

Just something I heard no idea of the validity of the info.

Heard from a bama friend that bama is focusing on a CJ Hampton flip (Ole Miss commit) and not on Ronnie Clark.

Just something I heard no idea of the validity of the info.

to add to that, i was told bammer feels very confident in Clark. he's recently re-affirmed his love for the tahd.

again, just hearsay.

They are after CJH very hard!! Ole Sis', Vandy and UK better make hay while they can. Let's face it, history is not on their side. With UTk coming back, USCe and atm emerging there is only so much room for new kids on the block. AU, UTk and even Arky have history and pride. I don't see us three staying down for long.

FWIW... he is wearing Under Armour...?

What a hard read, Sorry if I missed it - who is his lead and secondary recruiter on our side and on that other side??

Is it 8/31 yet?

Auburn not getting outworked by Alabama in the race for Calera's Ronnie Clark (video)

http://video-embed.a...uCwCewyXEalsiBZ

get 'em, Tre.

FWIW... he is wearing Under Armour...?

What a hard read, Sorry if I missed it - who is his lead and secondary recruiter on our side and on that other side??

Is it 8/31 yet?

You can find those answers on the recruit's 247 profile pages for future reference. Secondaries are not listed but leads are: Us Coach Cheese, Them Nuss

Alabama or Auburn, why would you commit and admit you would flip if your not settled on a team. This kind of stuff makes you look at players like Roc or Carl Lawson and really appreciate their public attitude. Makes me laugh even more from here on when I hear about these 17-18 year olds and their thought process and "business decisions." LoL

Atleast he is honest on the flipping situation. Lord knows a good percent of commits would consider flipping but that's being up front in today's recruiting for sure.

Gut feeling, E: AU or UA?

I am saying Auburn right now because Bama just got Holcombe and even though he is listed as a LB his Bama scouting report is the exact same as Clark's and he may very easily play safety of LB.

I am saying Auburn right now because Bama just got Holcombe and even though he is listed as a LB his Bama scouting report is the exact same as Clark's and he may very easily play safety of LB.

Are UAT's scouting reports on the 'net somewhere? I'd like a link, please.

Not one actual link. Stuff on Clark and Holcombe came from Bama insiders.

I can't remember which (BOL?) but their summary of what sabear thought about Clark was eerily similar to their summary of what sabear thought about Holcombe.

being told that Holcombe will accept a grayshirt AND he fits under that stupid bahr bryant scholarship exception. i know a fraction of what you know, E, but my gut says Holcombe doesn't affect Clark.

Archived