Alabama's BCS Trophy smashed

NLAuburn

this happened to one of floridas trophies a few years ago also. A recruit bumped into it and shattered it. He then committed to florida. Probably felt he owed them.

He might of committed then decommitted, but he is currently at georgia.

Yeah that was Orson Charles and he has declared for the NFL draft this year. Pretty funny he did that then went to one of their biggest rivals.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning on the Fox News show Brian Kilmeade in talking about this on the news segment referred to it as Bama's "BS" championship trophy---was this a Freudian slip? He would later call it the BCS trophy.

It's an Omen. The BCS Championship Trophy is suppose to be matched up with a Conference Championship Trophy. They go hand-in-hand in the SEC. 

Florida won their 2nd BCS trophy in 2 years and then broke it.  They haven't been able to 'get' another one since.  I'm telling you... it is a curse and now bama has that same curse.  They will never win another one, by the front door or back door (dang back door bammers).  ;D

Moral of the story-- don't break the crystal!

It's an Omen. The BCS Championship Trophy is suppose to be matched up with a Conference Championship Trophy. They go hand-in-hand in the SEC.   

That's funny. I think I'll start telling people that the trophy is designed to lean against the SEC trophy for support.

Florida won their 2nd BCS trophy in 2 years and then broke it.  They haven't been able to 'get' another one since.  I'm telling you... it is a curse and now bama has that same curse.  They will never win another one, by the front door or back door (dang back door bammers).   ;D

Moral of the story-- don't break the crystal!

Well we will see, if the same thing happens to the gumpdykes that happened to the Gators then the crystal curse will be an official curse not just an assumed curse. And when the crystal curse is deemed a real proven curse then all schools will heed the warning and lock up all crystal NC trophies never to see daylight again.

It's started already. bammers wanting to give their money away.

Chris Harper 342110

posted about 10 hours ago 1334728823 7450794 Chris Contributor I 1 comment collapsed 

Wish they'd sell the pieces. It would be cool to own a small piece of that actual trophy! Historical, really.

Funniest quote I've seen on it yet was over twitter:

Just minutes after being shattered, Bama's BCS crystal ball was immediately smoked by Tide fans, having mistaken it for meth.

Guest jrljr

Just minutes after being shattered, Bama's BCS crystal ball was immediately smoked by Tide fans, having mistaken it for meth.

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are. I heard Kilmeade's  "error" this morning too. If I were an updyke I would be cocerned. that's alot of "errors" piling up all at once. :tease:

Leave it to an Updyke to do some thing that dumb. I think all bammer fans should pay to get a new one insteed of them trying to workout a deal with the NCAA to get another one at no cost to UAT. That's just flat out crazy.

Leave it to an Updyke to do some thing that dumb. I think all bammer fans should pay to get a new one insteed of them trying to workout a deal with the NCAA to get another one at no cost to UAT. That's just flat out crazy.

I hope it is not a ploy to stock up on crystal footballs so they can claim another dozen or so.

Hahahaha literally laughed for 5 minutes straight. They should put that on display at the turd town Walmart. That "crystal" would be smoked up within a minute or two.

I find it interesting that nobody (including in the article) has mentioned that if Mr. Tinker tripped on ANYTHING (other than his own two feet) and caused the crystal football to fall, it is absolutely not his fault.  In fact, if HE was injured, the school would almost certainly be liable for allowing an unsafe situation that could cause a trip to happen in the first place.  So while everyone at uat is saying "it was an accident and he didn't mean to do it, no hard feelings," (wink, wink, nod, nod) maybe they should be saying, "glad he wasn't hurt due to our negligence."  Hmmmm....

Isn't this the second trophy broken this year.  I kind of remember something about the trophy being broken right BEFORE the NCG.

A mascot broke a crystal trophy during bowl season but I don't know if it was the BCS crystal.

Archived