Pat Dye speaks on Prosch

AUMASTERS

With the great fullbacks that have played for Auburn I thought this

was some high praise from Coach Dye http://auburn.scout.com/2/1181688.html .

War Eagle !!!!!!!!

Nice! As I have said, when Dye speaks, I listen.

From what I saw I think Prosch can have as big an impact on the offense as any one individual out there. He brings a great physical aspect to the game with his aggressive, hard-nosed approach to football.

That speaks volumes to me and makes me happy considering the source. :wareagle:

Definitely good to get such praise from Dye, but his comments are about par for the course; Prosch looks like the real deal all the way through!

Reaffirming what we've all speculated from the beginning of hearing he was coming to AU and what we heard in spring/saw on A Day. I did not know that he has yet to be cleared. This concerns me becuase I don't like waiting on ruling from NCAA. We need JP game 1--in a big way.

Prosch's roll could have some hidden outcomes. Think about how many plays in which the ball was run behind Lutz. Now Lutz doesn't have to fill that role on every running play and we all know how good Lutz is at catching. I remeber hearing an announcer say that which ever way Lutz goes the ball will. So Prosch could help keep some of those licks off of Lutz which could help keep him healthy.

I've grown up a big fan of Auburn football and the fullback position has always been my favorite, partly because it is what I played in high school. A big, mean fullback, like Brandon Johnson one of my favorite auburn players I've watched, can help any type of running back be productive running in between the tackles. The fact that dye is compares Prosch to this kind of player and more only excites me even further to see what Loeffler can do to transform our running game behind him, granted he gets the waiver from the NCAA, and our stable of talented and diverse running backs. If our Oline pulls it together this fall and gels early then opposing defenses better watch out cause we could potentially have an extremely pyshical and productive run game.

What's the holdup with the NCAA on clearing this guy?

I hate the way the NCAA drags their feet.

They have to check with Little Nicky and the REC first to make sure it is OK with them..:)

hasn't he already proven himself at the D1 level as an All-American FB with Illinois?  I think he has very little to prove.  I just can't wait to see him the right O&B with AU.

:wedance::party::wedance:

hasn't he already proven himself at the D1 level as an All-American FB with Illinois?  I think he has very little to prove.  I just can't wait to see him the right O&B with AU.

Exactly! I get a kick when people talk like they are surprised this kid is a beast. All-Americans are game changers.

Exactly! I get a kick when people talk like they are surprised this kid is a beast. All-Americans are game changers.

If this is refering to what I wrote, I in no way meant to sound like I am doubting Prosch's ability as a football player, I played with him in high school I know he's going to be great. It's just Ausome to hear that CPD thinks the same way! I expect great things from him and can't wait for him to play for the O & B! WDE

If this is refering to what I wrote, I in no way meant to sound like I am doubting Prosch's ability as a football player, I played with him in high school I know he's going to be great. It's just Ausome to hear that CPD thinks the same way! I expect great things from him and can't wait for him to play for the O & B! WDE

It wasn't directed at you, or any one specific person. I have just seen many people seem surprised at the great things being said about Jay. They guy is obviously a very gifted football player that has proven this on the college level already. Seeing as how he is a college All-American already, I will go out on a limb and say he is the best fullback in the SEC.

He'll be cleared before fall practice starts.  That's all that matters at this point. 

Not doubting you but interested to know why you feel so confident this will happen--if you can share. I am fearful of the NCAA, IRS, and other acronyms.

He'll be cleared before fall practice starts.  That's all that matters at this point. 

Not doubting you but interested to know why you feel so confident this will happen--if you can share. I am fearful of the NCAA, IRS, and other acronyms.

I think most people are confident he will be eligible because the NCAA grants waivers for players who are trying to get closer to home because an immediate family member is ill. From what I understand Jay's mom lives in Montgomery and is very ill. I am almost certain she has terminal brain cancer, but apologize profusely if I am wrong.

I think most people are confident he will be eligible because the NCAA grants waivers for players who are trying to get closer to home because an immediate family member is ill. From what I understand Jay's mom lives in Montgomery and is very ill. I am almost certain she has terminal brain cancer, but apologize profusely if I am wrong.

Pretty sure this is correct, though I think it's Mobile instead of Montgomery. If he is not granted the waiver, then it will be contrary to virtually every other similar situation and might well warrant investigation into how fairly the NCAA reviewed his case.

it had nothing to do with what you posted.  it was in reference to the article written by Coach Dye.  I've always had the utmost respect for the man, but kind of read it with a feeling that he was having a revelation or something, like Jay was the sleeper in the group.  :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

WoW! 280 2x. Not sure I can do 140 2x. I am more happy that JP is closer to his family. It's well documented he completely changes our run game for the better. It was certainly evident A Day.

WoW! 280 2x. Not sure I can do 140 2x. I am more happy that JP is closer to his family. It's well documented he completely changes our run game for the better. It was certainly evident A Day.

Wasn't it 380 2x?  Not a big deal, just the weight of two average sized males...  :bow: :bow:

With the great fullbacks that have played for Auburn I thought this

was some high praise from Coach Dye http://auburn.scout.com/2/1181688.html .

War Eagle !!!!!!!!

Nice! As I have said, when Dye speaks, I listen.

From what I saw I think Prosch can have as big an impact on the offense as any one individual out there. He brings a great physical aspect to the game with his aggressive, hard-nosed approach to football.

That speaks volumes to me and makes me happy considering the source. :wareagle:

Amen.

What is Prosch's theme song for 2012?

"He'll play the mash...he'll play the monster mash..."

I think golf knows the rest of the song...  :tease:

Not only does the NCAA grant waivers for this type of thing, but they have a RULE for it. They would be breaking their own rule if they did not let him play. BTW it is Mobile that he is from and they talk about him on Sports Drive down here a pretty good bit as he played HS football here. The article someone posted above about freak athletes is awesome...I had seen an online video about him and the article is right...Prosch was an extremely JACKED 7 year old kid. Outstanding addition to this team.

Archived