THE ASYLUM

bigbird

I've never told this story on the blog but this song means alot to me due to Dave Marr. This was the theme song for ABC golf when Dave was the sports commentator most times with Jim McCay or Keith Jackson. In 1966 my Uncle took me to the Memphis Open Golf Tourney. My Uncle was a big fan of Dave's and after a few holes of following him Dave came up to me and gave me a golf ball. Well needless to say he became my favorite after Mr Hogan. The next year of the tourament me and the Uncle were there on the practice range to see Dave practice and he brings me out on the range and give me a few lessons/tips. Well after that year I started going out to Houston for lessons and he was so patience and just nice to be around for a young kid who was trying to learn about playing golf the right way. As golfers we all have our heros well Mr Hogan and Dave were mine I do miss him. Ok I finished

This is Dave at his best

When a person has a passion, it is always special when you can learn from the people who share that same passion who have made it their life's work successfully. It is nice to meet a hero, who turn out to be fine people.

I will tell more story's how Dave influence my life/golf down the road.

He was a very special person/friend

tt what you said is exactly right golf is a passion and to have a person with the same passion is special

I became friends with the daughter and son in law of a musical legend, he was a very kind person to someone trying to learn that business and was a wise man beyond my wildest hopes. Rare that you get to learn from people like that. It is not the personality of everyone.

Edited by telling tiger

Did I say that I was going to Las Vegas? Been here since Friday afternoon for a convention. The temp yesterday was 115 degrees. I played golf. It was HOT!!! But not like Alabama 95 degrees and 80% humidity hot. This place is absolutely crazy. The women and girls out here have no shame. Some might get arrested in Birmingham if they wore what some of these women wear in public. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just making a point.

Later...

Why am I posting in the asylum? I need to be sleeping. Good night asylum. Good night downtown Vegas. You are different.

Too damn tired to know. I'm told it is really good. On the slaw, add some sweet relish and back off a touch on the sugar or add dill relish and stay the same on the sugar, the balance is like adding a pickle to your sandwich, pretty good stuff. It is a pref of mine and ours, but we really like coleslaw and we always go toward a more Carolina recipe. Great with smoked butts or que.

One of the best to just seat back and listen why drinking a beer with your favorite girl. Especially on the beach in Ft. Laud. But a little strange MTV video

Use to be a DJ in Ft. Laud on Q100 called Tanner In The Morning back in the early 80's and he played almost every morning while I was getting ready to go to work. It always got me going with the upbeat tune to get ready for the day.

JJ was a fairly good musician as well