• Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's question to me has been "If I can do anything, just let me know."

I ask this favor of all of you on behalf of my dad:

Call or go see a family member whom your not close to and just tell them

"I LOVE YOU".

I'm so blessed that the last conversation I had with my dad ended in

"I LOVE YOU SON, SEE YOU SOON."

Amen to that, brother.  God bless you.  He was such a young man; if you feel like sharing details on his health before this, please share.  Take it from one who knows all too well, there is great comfort from your friends and Auburn family here at Auburn Eagle.  I remember you as one who comforted me in my time of grief;  please allow me to assist in any way I can.

So sorry for the loss of you dad Chris. Praying for you and you family.

So sorry for your lost. Losing a father, especially a mentor, a role model, as well as a loving and caring father is really hard. Your father was my age..

Sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.  I guess we know who Shug will be watching games with now.

I have known your Dad for the last 12 and a half years as a coworker. He was a great man and always willing to lend a helping hand. I know the Madison office has a heavy heart.  All these years and I am not sure I ever had the privilege to meet you at the office.  I will make up for that soon.  I lost my Dad 2 years ago on Mother's Day my heart is heavy for you and yours.

War Eagle Danny!!

I feel like sharing this:

10 years ago this month, my dad asked me to help him at work.  I had just graduated and he said he needed me.  He needed someone he could trust to help run the landscaping business.  It was one of the best decisions of my life.  I learned so much about life in general from him.  I'm so lucky to have spent 30-50 hours a week with my dad at work, then go home on the weekends and cook out or go fishing and hunting with him.

My dad had triple bypass surgery about 8 years ago.  He had good days and bad days with his heart problems, but you would have not known it.  Even tho he never stepped foot in an Auburn classroom, he was still an Auburn man.  He loved LOVED my 2 children spoiled rotten.  After a great 54th birthday saturday, dad and mom spent Sunday together for mothers day.  They went on a date for lunch and later he treated mom to a foot rub.  At 8:50 pm, they were getting ready for bed and mom went to the restroom.  When she returned, he had suffered a massive heart attack and passed.

I've got very big shoes to fill at work and with the family..... But I had the best teacher God could have blessed me with.

Thank you all so much!

So sorry for your loss. 54 is way to early to go. I read all your notes in the thread and it is great you got to have such a great, close relationship with your dad. Take care.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My dad was 47 when he left this world in 1978 and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. May God grant you and your family the peace that passes all understanding.

TC, as time goes by the acceptance will come and the healing process, although slow, will come as well. What WILL NOT come is loss of love or forgetting. Your father will continue to live through you, his children. I lost my dad 10 years ago this past April 5th and not a day goes by that I do not think of him or that I don't thank him for helping me to be the man that I am today. Whatever I am good, I owe that to both him and mom.

I am so sorry for your loss and am praying for you and your entire family.

Robert

Thank you all so much again.  We will bury him today around lunch.  I plan on leaving my AuburnEagle bracelet in there with him.  He already has a white Auburn National Championship hat.  It just seems fitting to leave the bracelet I had on the entire championship season for good luck.  It seemed to work.  ;)

War Eagle!

Archived