2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he is able to recover 100%.... Hate it for the kid.

Wow..hope we honor our offer to him.

This should not even be a question. WDE Jordan!! Get well soon, work hard.

Amen! And somewhat tasteless to even post that thought IMO.

Not a question but a thought. For it to be in the form of a question it would have to be stated as such....Will we honor our offer to him? To my recollection, Auburn has not rescinded an offer because of injury.

Not a question but a thought. For it to be in the form of a question it would have to be stated as such....Will we honor our offer to him? To my recollection, Auburn has not rescinded an offer because of injury.

Exactly!! So why the "thought"? I have not heard the extent of the injury but very few lower leg injuries are career ending these days. I would expect that even if it was a career ending injury, Auburn would petition the SEC to allow a medical scholly for him.

‏@Niebuhr247

#Auburn RB commit Jordan Wilkins says: "It was a broken fibula, tore the ligament around it and my ankle is separated from my foot." OUCH

@Niebuhr247

Recovery from leg injury expected to take #Auburn RB commit Jordan Wilkins 4-5 mos., his mom says on Facebook

Exactly!! So why the "thought"? I have not heard the extent of the injury but very few lower leg injuries are career ending these days. I would expect that even if it was a career ending injury, Auburn would petition the SEC to allow a medical scholly for him.

Because sometimes I type before i think??

Prayers are with you Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wareagle: Keep your head up and your spirits high. You will be up and going before you know it. :party: Looking forward to see you running out of the tunnel of Jordan Hare wearing the orange and blue. :tdau: All In and War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard the surgery went well and he is in good spirits. Very good news!

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

Jordan Wilkins undergoes successful surgery, father Billy says. And an update on Wilkins' commitment

Glad to hear ;)

So in a hypothetical IF Green and Bryant for whatever reason both see Jordan's misfortune as a less crowded RB roster for them and both commit to AU, should our staff say sorry to one of those 5 star guys and stay with Jordan? Don't kill the Canuck, assume the hypothetical however outrageous you see it and I'm not suggesting we should or shouldn't stay with Jordan.

So in a hypothetical IF Green and Bryant for whatever reason both see Jordan's misfortune as a less crowded RB roster for them and both commit to AU, should our staff say sorry to one of those 5 star guys and stay with Jordan? Don't kill the Canuck, assume the hypothetical however outrageous you see it and I'm not suggesting we should or shouldn't stay with Jordan.

We will not pull his offer because of this. I would be awfully ashamed if we did.

We will not pull his offer because of this. I would be awfully ashamed if we did.

The OP did not say anything about pulling Jordan's offer. He just talked about Jordan's injury opening up a perceived opportunity. If he implied pulling the scholly then I missed it. But to answer the OP Auburn would take both DG and GB if they wanted to come but the likelyhood of both wanting to come is slim.

The OP did not say anything about pulling Jordan's offer. He just talked about Jordan's injury opening up a perceived opportunity. If he implied pulling the scholly then I missed it. But to answer the OP Auburn would take both DG and GB if they wanted to come but the likelyhood of both wanting to come is slim.

The hypothetical question proposed sounded very much like an either/or to me. Apologies if I misunderstood.

The hypothetical question proposed sounded very much like an either/or to me. Apologies if I misunderstood.

No worries. I read it as the injury creating opportunity but not necessarily letting JW go.

Archived