2010 3* WR Jeremy Richardson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody got recent update on him?

There was a time that I thought that we'd be able to hold a spot for him NO MATTER WHAT, but it just appears that it won't be possible at this point unfortunately. Things could ALWAYS change, and you won't catch me sayin' "never", but it doesn't look good right now.

Bless that kid's heart. I so badly want things to work out for him!

Me too, One of my good friends had classes with him and all he ever talked about was AU.  He wore AU stuff to class every single day.

Don't get me wrong as I also feel for the kid but he's been trying to get qualified for 3 years and hasn't been able to do it.  I understand he's gone through a lot but there are expectations which he can't seem to deliver on.  Every potential recruit knows what it takes to get into AU and if 3 years later you still can't make it in...college is not for everyone and maybe he's just one one those people.

I still wish him the best as he seems to really want to be a part of AU.

We just have to find room for Jeremy on this team.

I agree, if there is any way possible to get him qualified by next May.   

That is the big issue. I am not trying to be negative but just getting my facts straight. Didn't he leave his juco school at one point?

I too feel bad for JR (and a lot of other kids too).  But we can't give/hold schollies to every kid who loves AU and has had a rough go.  There are certain criteria that just have to be met.  Maybe UNA or JSU or someone else will have room, even though Jeremy's been out of football for quite some time.  We made a committment to stick with Shon Coleman and I'm really glad about that.  Much different situation as I understand SC has very good academics.  Hopefully Shon will be good to go next year or the next. But if not he'll always be a part of the AU family.  JR will too even if he ends up playing football for someone else. 

That is the big issue. I am not trying to be negative but just getting my facts straight. Didn't he leave his juco school at one point?

Didn`t quit school; just changed schools after football ended to be closer to home. A lot of people hoped that would help being closer to home but not yet it appears.

Didn`t quit school; just changed schools after football ended to be closer to home. A lot of people hoped that would help being closer to home but not yet it appears.

I had a feeling when I read that he was leaving school to move closer home that it wasn't going to be good. I believed this whole time that in order for him to get his life straightened out he would have to get away from his roots. I'm still pulling for him though, and wish him nothing but the best.

What can Auburn do ,  within the guidelines,  to help J. R. to qualify?  Can we hire a tutor?  Can we pay for remedial courses?  If its just academics, that seems like something we could help him overcome.  But I sure would not want to do anything outside of the guidelines.  Anyone know, what is acceptable?  Sounds like he really wants to come to Auburn.  I just hate to see academics foul him up. 

I don't want to break any rules either. It's just that my heart goes out to Jeremy because he's a fine young man and he's been through so much already in his young life. Besides, I know what a big Auburn fan he is and he's always wanted to play for Auburn Tigers. I just pray and hope we can somehow make room for him.

What can Auburn do ,  within the guidelines,   to help J. R. to qualify?   Can we hire a tutor?  Can we pay for remedial courses?  If its just academics, that seems like something we could help him overcome.  But I sure would not want to do anything outside of the guidelines.   Anyone know, what is acceptable?   Sounds like he really wants to come to Auburn.  I just hate to see academics foul him up. 

None of the above are acceptable or within hte guidelines.  He has to do it on his own.  And yes, he wants very badly to get into Auburn and be part of the football team.  I am still holding out hope for him and hoping the coaches can accomodate him when he does get qualified. 

I remember reading an article about him and his relationship with Coach Troop. Coach had basically become a father like figure in JR's life and basicially said that even if JR never made it to AU, he would always be there for him. He said in the article that he even looked into adopting JR and was checking NCAA rules on whether or not it would be a violation if he did so. I don't know if football at AU or any other school is in his future at this point, but I do believe that JR has a good support system around him right now and will continue to do so in the future.

I don't want to break any rules either. It's just that my heart goes out to Jeremy because he's a fine young man and he's been through so much already in his young life. Besides, I know what a big Auburn fan he is and he's always wanted to play for Auburn Tigers. I just pray and hope we can somehow make room for him.

He needs a Leigh Anne Tuohy....

I remember reading an article about him and his relationship with Coach Troop. Coach had basically become a father like figure in JR's life and basicially said that even if JR never made it to AU, he would always be there for him. He said in the article that he even looked into adopting JR and was checking NCAA rules on whether or not it would be a violation if he did so. I don't know if football at AU or any other school is in his future at this point, but I do believe that JR has a good support system around him right now and will continue to do so in the future.

From what I've heard about CTT and his kids, this would be the best thing by a long shot. Very solid man.

Sounds like that guy may be just an AU fan.  And so good on him and good on us.  I hope he makes it on campus to see what we all love, and it is soo much more than the football team.

• 1 month later...

According to a reputablle source, the 2012 class is in very good shape to get WR Jeremy Richardson.  He is 6'3, 220 and his 40 time is at 4.5. He is being recruited by Trooper and Thigpen. He has Auburn as a high priority. He is at East Mississippi CC and his 2009 stats were over 1,000 yards receiving and a 20 YPC. He is ranked a 5* by rivals.  In 2009, his stats were hampered due to injury.  If anyone knows more please let me know.

Turn volume down if you are offended by language and to keep it family friendly.

I thought he had always been all Auburn. Didn't know he was even considering anybody else. He committed to us a while back. 

Archived