2010 3* WR Jeremy Richardson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I crazy in thinking that Richardson sort of reminds me of the next Kodi Burns in terms of adversity?

different kind of adversity but sure. jeremy will also be a better receiver than kodi was.

Am I crazy in thinking that Richardson sort of reminds me of the next Kodi Burns in terms of adversity?

different kind of adversity but sure. jeremy will also be a better receiver than kodi was.

He has the potential to be better than Kodi. He's gotta qualify and go through spring practice before he even has a chance to match what Kodi did in an Auburn uniform.

He has a legitimate excuse for not qualifying the first go around and I hope he's kept his grades up now.

i have high hopes for jr. his hs film shows some good speed to go with that size. he could be our version of julio or alshon jeffery, or childs or green. we saw first hand how tough these 6'5" recievers are.

Seriously, this negativity is disturbing. I don't know Jeremy Richardson personally, but it's not like he's trying to be a part of the 2011 class. He's got some time to pull it all together. Plus, we have this little rule here aboutnot speculating about recruits' academics. I thimk Richardson should get that same courtesy. And I hope Richardson does make it in part to prove naysayers wrong.

This young kid has been thru alot in his life. Do not bring up any academic issues.

At 17, Richardson does not have a parent involved in his life and, at times, has been without a place to call home, sleeping at the homes of friends.

As a high school senior, he's one of the cornerstones of Auburn's current recruiting class. But getting through his final year of high school won't be easy.

"He has nobody else," Springville coach Keith Maple said.

The No. 3 prospect on The Birmingham News Super Seniors list, Richardson is the top-rated receiver in the state. He is fast afoot and strong of build.

But in just a few years, he has lost his mother and his grandmother. And his grandfather has been ailing for months. His father lives out of state.

"It's been real tough," Richardson said. "The only father figure I have is my grandfather. Since he's been in the hospital, I don't have anyone to talk to."

His aunt, Loretta Washington, recently brought him into her home, giving him a place to sleep, to eat, to do homework. She wants him to find some stability and peace.

"There are times when I sit and pray with him," Washington said. "He's so discouraged. I tell him, ‘Your mom and grandmother are looking down on you. I'm here. Don't give up.'"

This young kid has been thru alot in his life. Do not bring up any academic issues.

At 17, Richardson does not have a parent involved in his life and, at times, has been without a place to call home, sleeping at the homes of friends.

As a high school senior, he's one of the cornerstones of Auburn's current recruiting class. But getting through his final year of high school won't be easy.

"He has nobody else," Springville coach Keith Maple said.

The No. 3 prospect on The Birmingham News Super Seniors list, Richardson is the top-rated receiver in the state. He is fast afoot and strong of build.

But in just a few years, he has lost his mother and his grandmother. And his grandfather has been ailing for months. His father lives out of state.

"It's been real tough," Richardson said. "The only father figure I have is my grandfather. Since he's been in the hospital, I don't have anyone to talk to."

His aunt, Loretta Washington, recently brought him into her home, giving him a place to sleep, to eat, to do homework. She wants him to find some stability and peace.

"There are times when I sit and pray with him," Washington said. "He's so discouraged. I tell him, ‘Your mom and grandmother are looking down on you. I'm here. Don't give up.'"

The next Kodi Burns, for sure, as far as adversity is concerned.  Lots of potential not just on the field but as an Auburn man.

:wareagle:

My wife was in school with his aunt last year and she spoke highly of Jeremy.  I may not be popular for saying this but honeslty who cares if he plays a single down of football.  This kid has been searching for some peace in his life since high school and just hasn't found it yet.  He has continued to love Auburn through this no matter what.  I am pulling for him to find a way to dig deep and make it if that is his dream.  I couldn't imagine going through some of the things he has had to.  

You may not think he'll ever play at AU but don't act like you know he won't. If you don't know him personally, then you have no clue where he stands at his current college.

Unless I've missed something, I've seen no signs of him not being ready to enroll at Auburn in the fall of 2012.

i dont know how the admissions process works exactly. but i thought many of the people on this site were over ambitious on how quickly jeremy would get in au. he did not graduate hs, he dropped out and got his ged and entered juco. then some thought he could pass one or two semesters and go to auburn. while i had and still have hopes this kid gets in and there is not a better place in the world for someone who has no family to find one, lets give him the 2 years that it usually takes kids that do graduate hs with subpar grades. he needs support and encouragement, i hope he is getting it and i hope to see him in 2012 with 3 years to play.

I hope he doesn't read this board - or have anyone like you in his life.

One of the biggest rules of this board is to not talk negatively about recruits, and I hope you stop - NOW.

No matter whether you think he will end up at AU or not, you and no one else are in a position to say this guy wont make it. It is up to him and no matter what anyone else says or does can change that. This situation will show alot about his character. I hope joins our family!

JR is AU Family! Watch what you say about this kid. He nor any of us need people around us telling us what we can't do, what we can't achieve. Encouragement is what we all need in our lives and positive people to help give us that boost. Too many people have failed simply because the gave up on themselves by believing what the negative people around them had to say.

JR is AU Family! Watch what you say about this kid. He nor any of us need people around us telling us what we can't do, what we can't achieve. Encouragement is what we all need in our lives and positive people to help give us that boost. Too many people have failed simply because the gave up on themselves by believing what the negative people around them had to say.

Well said.  :bow:

Archived