2010 3* WR Jeremy Richardson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're even getting rid of their whole athletic program this year

Thats`s a shame if they do. I played JUCO sports in Alabama many years ago and the compeition was great. At one point, an effort was made to start football on the JUCO level but for some reason the interest wasn`t there. i played against Jeff State in basketball and baseball. they were always close games with a lot of spirit between us.

2010 Auburn signee Jeremy Richardson was in Auburn today. He's at East Miss. CC, said he plans to be back at Auburn by 2012.

@AuburnRivals

Previous threads on Richardson:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll do it for you!  ;D

HERE YA' GO!

BTW, a little tip when you guys/gals are "SEARCHING", you can set your SEARCH to give you the results in whatever "order" you prefer... like "most recent results" or "oldest results first", so that you may more easily locate that for which you seek.  ;)

BTW, for those who may have missed it, JR is doing well at JSCC at the moment. He had a "rough go" of things at EMCC, and really just didn't have the support that he needed. He lost his Grandfather, Sammy, seen here...

large_Richardson%20grandad.jpg

...last year, so that was pretty rough on him. For those that don't know the rest of JR's story, you can read about it HERE.

The main thing to know is that JR is where he "needs to be" right now... near what little family he has left. He IS trying very hard to get the course credits that he needs to join his OTHER family at AU! Apparently, he only has about 30 hours left to complete between now and December, and he plans to do so and then join the team next January. I, for one, will be praying that he gets it done! CGC and Troop (especially) absolutely LOVE this kid, and I can PROMISE you that they will hold a spot for him, if there is ANY way possible! JR visited AU a little more than a week ago, met with all the coaches, and they laid out a plan for him to come back. Don't forget though that even IF he gets his classwork taken care of, he will STILL have to stay in good enough shape (he will have been out of football for TWO years, if he rejoins the team in 01/12) to compete at an SEC level! He claims that he works out constantly, and that won't be an issue. JR redshirted his year at EMCC, so after this year, he will have 3 years to play 2, IF he were to join the 2012 AU class.

:believe:

Yes he has, and I absolutely love how our staff has continued to mentor, support, and love him throughout his set backs.  Their talk regarding family isn't just lip service, they live it daily.

I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll do it for you!  ;D

HERE YA' GO!

BTW, a little tip when you guys/gals are "SEARCHING", you can set your SEARCH to give you the results in whatever "order" you prefer... like "most recent results" or "oldest results first", so that you may more easily locate that for which you seek.  ;)

BTW, for those who may have missed it, JR is doing well at JSCC at the moment. He had a "rough go" of things at EMCC, and really just didn't have the support that he needed. He lost his Grandfather, Sammy, seen here...

large_Richardson%20grandad.jpg

...last year, so that was pretty rough on him. For those that don't know the rest of JR's story, you can read about it HERE.

The main thing to know is that JR is where he "needs to be" right now... near what little family he has left. He IS trying very hard to get the course credits that he needs to join his OTHER family at AU! Apparently, he only has about 30 hours left to complete between now and December, and he plans to do so and then join the team next January. I, for one, will be praying that he gets it done! CGC and Troop (especially) absolutely LOVE this kid, and I can PROMISE you that they will hold a spot for him, if there is ANY way possible! JR visited AU a little more than a week ago, met with all the coaches, and they laid out a plan for him to come back. Don't forget though that even IF he gets his classwork taken care of, he will STILL have to stay in good enough shape (he will have been out of football for TWO years, if he rejoins the team in 01/12) to compete at an SEC level! He claims that he works out constantly, and that won't be an issue. JR redshirted his year at EMCC, so after this year, he will have 3 years to play 2, IF he were to join the 2012 AU class.

:believe:

Wouldn't he have three years of eligibility left since he only played one?

Many thanks, DJ, for the JR update.  You know how I feel about him. and I haven't been able to keep up.  People, this kid, at his best, would make you forget about just about every receiver you've seen in the SEC during the past few years.  Absolutely more gifted athletically than JJ or AJx2 ( Alson Jefferies and AJ Green).

Many thanks, DJ, for the JR update.  You know how I feel about him. and I haven't been able to keep up.  People, this kid, at his best, would make you forget about just about every receiver you've seen in the SEC during the past few years.  Absolutely more gifted athletically than JJ or AJx2 ( Alson Jefferies and AJ Green).

Wow, that is a strong list to be better than.

Personally, I would wish he had one to play one.  People, JR is so talented, and such a fine young man, that he might be Cam Newton II.  Dear Lord, give this kid a chance!!

It may take him a couple to get back to his full potential but if that one (3rd) year gets him to the next level or graduated with an AU degree, then mission accomplished. And what a journey and story, to boot.

Personally, I would wish he had one to play one.  People, JR is so talented, and such a fine young man, that he might be Cam Newton II.  Dear Lord, give this kid a chance!!

I have seen him first hand and competed against him. He is the real deal, and I sure hope to see him in the good ol O and B.  :we:

he didnt play at all. he should 4 to play 4 i think.

I'm not positive but I believe he has been under scholarship in juco which may have started his clock.

THIS^^^ is correct. Once a person starts school, no matter if they play sports or not... no matter if the school even HAS a team or not (which Jeff St. does not), they have 5 years to use 4 years of eligibility.

Archived