Something positive! (Mrs Chizik)

manthatsnice

With all due respect, I think the bashing of Ms. Chizik is cowardly. She has every right to use social media as you or I. People are looking for anything to bash the coaches and the team right now and I think it is deplorable. There are a bunch on this site that are some of the worst. Do you think this is the only time we have ever struggled in football? Really? Have you all forgotten about 2008? Talk about your Charlie Foxtrots! Unless you lived through the Barfield years, and I did as a student, then you don't know what bad is...it was the epitome of apathy, but we were there every home game yelling our azzes off! What a lot of you need to do is sack up, get behind this team and quit your whining. If you don't, then you're just validating what Ms Chizik was talking about. Am I disappointed...you betcha. But I'm still an Auburn Man and always will be because I believe in Auburn...and love it! Rant over...please continue with your regularly scheduled carping. --Warbird82

Good stuff. Tell these young punks (who expect immediate satisfaction and think throwing money at a big name HC ALWAYS brings success) how it is. Those years at the transition between Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville (say 1998-1999) weren't exactly rosy either. I reckon some of those types would have fired Tommy T. before he took Bama behind the woodshed for 6 years too.

We are already throwing big time money at a man for 8< wins. But carry on with your pompus attitudes. Auburn men.

Since you feel this way and I support your right to your opinion then you have a choice not to support Auburn Athletics thus none of your money will go to pay the salary of the coaches....you clearly have a choice...

Yes I do have a choice and that choice is a voice. And that voice is to remove a man that would have his wife do his bidding via facebook to give him more time while earning 3.5 mil a year w/ a 7.5 mil buyout.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just as religious as the next guy, if not more so. I just think that while she has a right to her own Facebook, she has to know that some people will try to misconstrue what she's trying to say. Especially if it regards religious verbiage. That's just asking for trouble. To me, it sounds like a well-intentioned post, but in lieu of the team's performance, it comes off as desperate.

I have to admit I have been an Auburn fan since I was 5, but it is still hard to support a team playing this badly. But I still turn the t.v. on each week hoping it will get better. I have always supported Coach Chizik up to this point because I thought he had done a good job up to now. But that doesn't mean I can't question where this team is and where it is heading. And that starts at the top.

War Eagle.

Give the guy this and next season. That will be five years. I don't care what situation a coach inherits, he should be able to take a depleted team and consistently get better every year. If at the end of 2013 we are still below par, then he must go. That is as fair as it gets.

I think her religious comments are extremely silly sounding, but not anymore than the average True Believer ™. But I don't really care. She seems like a nice person... just doesn't bother me.

With all due respect, I think the bashing of Ms. Chizik is cowardly. She has every right to use social media as you or I. People are looking for anything to bash the coaches and the team right now and I think it is deplorable. There are a bunch on this site that are some of the worst. Do you think this is the only time we have ever struggled in football? Really? Have you all forgotten about 2008? Talk about your Charlie Foxtrots! Unless you lived through the Barfield years, and I did as a student, then you don't know what bad is...it was the epitome of apathy, but we were there every home game yelling our azzes off! What a lot of you need to do is sack up, get behind this team and quit your whining. If you don't, then you're just validating what Ms Chizik was talking about. Am I disappointed...you betcha. But I'm still an Auburn Man and always will be because I believe in Auburn...and love it! Rant over...please continue with your regularly scheduled carping. --Warbird82

Good stuff. Tell these young punks (who expect immediate satisfaction and think throwing money at a big name HC ALWAYS brings success) how it is. Those years at the transition between Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville (say 1998-1999) weren't exactly rosy either. I reckon some of those types would have fired Tommy T. before he took Bama behind the woodshed for 6 years too.

We are already throwing big time money at a man for 8< wins. But carry on with your pompus attitudes. Auburn men.

Do you mean that same salary that brought Auburn the first NC in 53 years? That money? Do you think a 7.5 million buyout + another multimillion $$ salary will drastically change things more than waiting another year...or will you be back on here moaning and complaining after a new HC doesn't win 10 games his first season? Carry on with your naivite and negativity.

Immediate satisfaction??? Is expecting Auburn to be competetive in YEAR FOUR of CGC's tenure really a matter of "immediate satisfaction"???

Do you mean that same salary that brought Auburn the first NC in 53 years? That money? Do you think a 7.5 million buyout + another multimillion $$ salary will drastically change things more than waiting another year...or will you be back on here moaning and complaining after a new HC doesn't win 10 games his first season? Carry on with your naivite and negativity.

Naivete, to me, would be to expect next year to be much different than this year under CGC. Naivete, to me, would be ignoring the fact, while we did win a NC under CGC, we have also have experienced some of the worst defenses and, this season, offenses in Auburn HISTORY while CGC has been our coach. Naivete, to me, would be ignoring the complete lack of player development that has occured under CGC.

Naivete, to me, would be to expect next year to be much different than this year under CGC. Naivete, to me, would be ignoring the fact, while we did win a NC under CGC, we have also have experienced some of the worst defenses and, this season, offenses in Auburn HISTORY while CGC has been our coach. Naivete, to me, would be ignoring the complete lack of player development that has occured under CGC.

Call me crazy, but all of the posts quoted here seem to be making Mrs. Chizik's point for her. Here we have two Auburn fans going back and forth, bickering about things that are beyond their control. Don't get me wrong, free speech is a wonderful thing, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. This all reminds me of the book/movie "Needful Things" by Stephen King. The premise, if you haven't read/seen it, is that Satan moves into a little town in Maine, although you don't immediately know it is Satan. He has a shop where he sells people's greatest desires, and they will do anything to have them. He asks for very little money, but the price includes doing "favors" for him. These favors mostly involve pranks on each other, which escalate into attacks. The entire town turns on each other. In the end, Satan is discovered, and he simply moves on to the next town to do it all over again. Sorry if I spoiled it for you.

I realize not everyone believes in God and the devil. I do, and I know that the devil works in mysterious ways. Is that the case here, within our Auburn Family? Who knows. All I do know is that the similarities are there. In the 20+ years I've been an Auburn fan, I have never really seen the Family have such animosity toward each other. We've always stood by each other, and our program, and our school, and left the arguing, whining, and ranting to our neighbors across the state.

I've given up being a sunshine pumper, but I haven't given up on Auburn. I still wear my AU gear, still say "War Eagle" to anyone I see that I know is a member of the Family, and will continue to do both of these things until the day I die. We have problems in our program, but these problems will work themselves out. War Eagle!!!

I have zero idea what she's talking about. I think it's her reaction to people calling for her husband to be fired, if so, the Jesus route doesn't make any sense. I'm a Christian, but I'm about sick and tired of the "But but but.... Gene is a good Christian man! He shouldn't be fired!" excuse. Fine, there a plenty of good Christian men. And plenty of them are better football coaches.

+1. Satan got bigger things to do than stalk Auburn football like we do. Look at our presi- I mean, he has other issues.

satan is much too busy in west vance to bother with AU. :Sing:

Call me crazy, but all of the posts quoted here seem to be making Mrs. Chizik's point for her. Here we have two Auburn fans going back and forth, bickering about things that are beyond their control. Don't get me wrong, free speech is a wonderful thing, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. This all reminds me of the book/movie "Needful Things" by Stephen King. The premise, if you haven't read/seen it, is that Satan moves into a little town in Maine, although you don't immediately know it is Satan. He has a shop where he sells people's greatest desires, and they will do anything to have them. He asks for very little money, but the price includes doing "favors" for him. These favors mostly involve pranks on each other, which escalate into attacks. The entire town turns on each other. In the end, Satan is discovered, and he simply moves on to the next town to do it all over again. Sorry if I spoiled it for you.

I realize not everyone believes in God and the devil. I do, and I know that the devil works in mysterious ways. Is that the case here, within our Auburn Family? Who knows. All I do know is that the similarities are there. In the 20+ years I've been an Auburn fan, I have never really seen the Family have such animosity toward each other. We've always stood by each other, and our program, and our school, and left the arguing, whining, and ranting to our neighbors across the state.

I've given up being a sunshine pumper, but I haven't given up on Auburn. I still wear my AU gear, still say "War Eagle" to anyone I see that I know is a member of the Family, and will continue to do both of these things until the day I die. We have problems in our program, but these problems will work themselves out. War Eagle!!!

Im not a particularly religious person myself but I cant imagine that Satan has very much to do with bickering among Auburn Fans. I would offer that Auburn being 1-4, and that only win coming in overtime against what SHOULD have been a much inferiour opponent, has more to do with it. What you see here is a product of what you see on the field, period. We dont need exorcisms just execution...

Im not a particularly religious person myself but I cant imagine that Satan has very much to do with bickering among Auburn Fans. I would offer that Auburn being 1-4, and that only win coming in overtime against what SHOULD have been a much inferiour opponent, has more to do with it. What you see here is a product of what you see on the field, period. We dont need exorcisms just execution...

I agree. Our record and performance are the causes of the bickering. I don't think satan is out to get the Auburn football program. ESPN, Finebomb and others are doing a good job of that right now. Obviously, the only person who knows what Mrs. Chizik meant with her comments is Mrs. Chizik. Whereas I don't think satan is out to get us, my belief structure does cause me to believe that he is relishing all of this animosity being spread throughout our Auburn Family. Just like he relishes it when anyone argues, fights, lies, steals, cheats, etc. Again, my belief structure, not everyone's. This is the message I hope Mrs. Chizik was trying to get across, but you'd have to ask her what she really meant.

One thing that is evident on this board lately, is that it is great to have the freedom to discuss issues like this, and have opinions on things. War Eagle, Auburn Family! Let's get a win on Saturday, and maybe the mood will lighten and we'll turn this thing around!!

:bow:

THANK YOU!

So it is OK to act like a bad person because the football team is losing? But when the team wins we will act like good people again?

I thought only bama fans based their whole outlook on life on the performance of a football team.

So it is OK to act like a bad person because the football team is losing? But when the team wins we will act like good people again?

I thought only bama fans based their whole outlook on life on the performance of a football team.

What bad behaviour are you referring to? And who are you insinuating bases "their whole outlook on life on the performance of a football team"??? Last I checked this was an Auburn Football forum and, unless I am mistaken, the purpose is to discuss Auburn Football. Right? Right. And if you take the time to peruse my meager contributions thus far you will notice that my comments are confined to that very subject.

Mrs. Chizik is a stand up person and I am sure she hears all the cowards on boards like this. I would hope my wife would stand by me as well. Kudos to Mrs. Chizik and God bless you!

War Eagle and lets go beat Ole Miss!

I don't see much bickering. I see people with different opinions. We all support each other. We all support the players. Almost all of us support the coaches, and that includes those that think they need to be let go. Most importantly, we every one of us supports Auburn University. I didn't attend -- got an academic scholarship and played football somewhere else -- but I was on campus while my Dad attended. Without Auburn, my life would not be what it is.

Criticism does not equal bickering or a lack of support.

And the simple fact is, her FB post is nutty and embarrassing. (1) It's insider bizarro Christian language. Nobody knows what the hell she was saying. And I'm a committed Christian! In my 30 years of church life -- and I visit more churches than the Holy Spirit (wink/cough) -- I've never heard anybody say that God restores what Satan steals. What on earth WAS that? (2) It's not the place of a spouse to intervene. Just asking for prayers and unity would have been enough -- no one would have complained. (3) The reaction that's happened is 100% predictable. Several of us, as soon as we saw it, said, "Oh, no," or something stronger. She's responsible for that reaction.

And I want to be 100% clear. I really feel for Jonna Chizik. She made an embarrassing mistake, and I'm sure she's a person of faith and goodwill. I've been praying for her. But in a public forum, there's no point acting like it wasn't a mistake.

^^^THIS x gazillion^^^

For anyone who actually knows Jonna Chizik, to expect her to do anything but live out her fervent Christianity any way but up front and out in the open is simply not realistic. And that includes making comments that I can guarantee were NOT pre-approved by CGC and simply came from her heart. Whether these comments are totally understood or agreed with, they were 1) in response to queries from friends and 2) given with pure intentions. They were NOT about winning or losing football games or keeping her husband's job. There are a lot of Christians who have no problem whatsoever saying that Satan is alive and well in this world and that seeing the Auburn "family" epic fan base meltdown over the past several weeks with all that has involved including some of the hate and nastiness, etc, is plenty of proof. Let me add that Jonna Chizik not only speaks her faith, but lives her faith by helping MANY causes in the East Alabama community that most know nothing about. Whether it is making long needed repairs at the Boy's and Girl's Ranches or helping to build/furnish a home for the children of prison inmates or one of at least a dozen other projects she has been part of quietly rallying the community around, she is making a difference for the better in this world and trying (like most of us) to humbly serve out our faith. I suspect it might, but I personally hope this entire incident doesn't dampen her fire one iota. IMO, the attacks on Jonna Chizik on this board and in many other venues by those who lack the charity to even consider a different perspective (hers) only confirms everything she said. War Eagle!

When are they gonna start doing their job though? The fanbase has been amazing the past 3 years and for early in this year. We have been out in full support fighting for Chizik and company for the past 3 seasons. How many of us have defended this staff to the other fans? How many of us stood in the torrential downpour against West Virginia? How many of us stayed and cheered "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" after some tough losses? I am tired of this "All In" crap. I don't need a catchy slogan to cheer for my team. I support Auburn. It's time for the cheerleaders to become coaches and the players to become leaders. They've had as much support as any team has had in the past 3 seasons. Time for them to give us something to cheer about.

Either way I will continue to support them just quit telling me I need to be "All In". The Auburn Family doesn't need slogans. It has been around way before Chizik and his catchy phrases and will be long after he's gone (which will be pretty soon it appears).

War Eagle!

When are they gonna start doing their job though? The fanbase has been amazing the past 3 years and for early in this year. We have been out in full support fighting for Chizik and company for the past 3 seasons. How many of us have defended this staff to the other fans? How many of us stood in the torrential downpour against West Virginia? How many of us stayed and cheered "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" after some tough losses? I am tired of this "All In" crap. I don't need a catchy slogan to cheer for my team. I support Auburn. It's time for the cheerleaders to become coaches and the players to become leaders. They've had as much support as any team has had in the past 3 seasons. Time for them to give us something to cheer about.

Either way I will continue to support them just quit telling me I need to be "All In". The Auburn Family doesn't need slogans. It has been around way before Chizik and his catchy phrases and will be long after he's gone (which will be pretty soon it appears).

War Eagle!

Excellent post!!! It's time to put up, or shut up! At the Arky game, I was in section 45 with a great view of our sidelines. Even after the few great plays we had, the sidelines looked like a funeral wake (except for Trooper waving his towel). Guys had their heads hung low, shoulders slumped. No one was trying to fire up the players. The crowd was in full force at 11am. The stadium was full, and was loud for most of the game, until it was too far gone to come back.

The fans aren't the problem with our win-loss record. IMHO, it is the coaching, followed by the players not believing in the coaches. I hope we right the ship in Oxford, and the players re-discover their swagger and desire to win.

War Eagle!

For anyone who actually knows Jonna Chizik, to expect her to do anything but live out her fervent Christianity any way but up front and out in the open is simply not realistic. And that includes making comments that I can guarantee were NOT pre-approved by CGC and simply came from her heart. Whether these comments are totally understood or agreed with, they were 1) in response to queries from friends and 2) given with pure intentions. They were NOT about winning or losing football games or keeping her husband's job. There are a lot of Christians who have no problem whatsoever saying that Satan is alive and well in this world and that seeing the Auburn "family" epic fan base meltdown over the past several weeks with all that has involved including some of the hate and nastiness, etc, is plenty of proof. Let me add that Jonna Chizik not only speaks her faith, but lives her faith by helping MANY causes in the East Alabama community that most know nothing about. Whether it is making long needed repairs at the Boy's and Girl's Ranches or helping to build/furnish a home for the children of prison inmates or one of at least a dozen other projects she has been part of quietly rallying the community around, she is making a difference for the better in this world and trying (like most of us) to humbly serve out our faith. I suspect it might, but I personally hope this entire incident doesn't dampen her fire one iota. IMO, the attacks on Jonna Chizik on this board and in many other venues by those who lack the charity to even consider a different perspective (hers) only confirms everything she said. War Eagle!

From what I have heard of Mrs. Chizik I think the world of her and would never besmirch or question her Christianity. I am a Christian myself and appreciate more and more those who espouse the values I hold dear as they grow fewer and fewer. That being said, when I spend a little too much at the grocery store or make a few too many impulse buys throughout the month, I don't damn satan that my checkbook doesnt balance. The connection just isnt there and it just sounds foolish. It would be like saying like saying that the tigers are getting whipped and we all have to rally against global warming, or against hangnails, or against belly fat to get this thing turned around. A football team wins football games when the players are properly trained and properly prepared to execute game plans agianst a certain opponent. That's not happening here and it's not the communists fault that it's not, or the muslims or the scientologists or the swingers or the antidisestablishmentarians.

Well, s***- it might be because of the filthy muslims.

Archived