Something positive! (Mrs Chizik)

manthatsnice

Who has taken away the AU offensive attack?

Who has taken away the fierce defense that empowered the AU team?

Who has taken away the years of owning Bama?

Hmmm..oh...I don't know....could it be....

SATAN??!?!?!?

tumblr_m66udbgRuK1ruvawmo1_500.jpg

Well!..... Isn't that special?...LMAO

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SATAN??!?!?!?

Picture is blocked at work. Somebody please tell me this is a picture of the Church Lady with Gene's face photoshopped onto it!!!

SATAN??!?!?!?

Picture is blocked at work. Somebody please tell me this is a picture of the Church Lady with Gene's face photoshopped onto it!!!

They're still working on that. LOL

I wonder if she asked CGC before she throw all this out there? If so, did he say go a head? I don't like the idea that a coaches wife has to come out and defend her husband. We all know how she feels. It's the nature of the game.

I don't understand the general tizzy that everyone is in over this.

Someone asked her what they could do to help support the team, and this was her response to that person, and she must have been asked by multiple people for her to feel led to post that as a status for all to see.

I understand that religion is a touchy subject, but even our CREED talks about walking FAITHFULLY with MY GOD!!!

I don't understand the general tizzy that everyone is in over this.

Someone asked her what they could do to help support the team, and this was her response to that person, and she must have been asked by multiple people for her to feel led to post that as a status for all to see.

I understand that religion is a touchy subject, but even our CREED talks about walking FAITHFULLY with MY GOD!!!

Simply because religion is a touchy subject, statements like this are better kept in a private setting.

Auburn Athletics should realize that anything and everything that is said right now will be used against us, mocked, ridiculed, and wildly twisted. My goodness, did Mrs.Chizik not hear about how the Christy Malzhan church interview got twisted into oblivion last year?

Is there not one single person in charge of this football program that can filter the things that are being thrown out for public consumption? Somebody that can just say, "step back away from the microphones and keyboards for a while," "think before you speak/type."

I cannot make heads or tails of her post. And neither can anyone else which is why we are getting blasted for it. Man this is starting to feel like 1998 all over again. The play on the field is one thing, but everyday it seems like another off the field "event" makes the program in general look like a soap opera more than an athletic program at a Div 1 University.

Going out on a limb here, but what I think she meant by the whole "Satan stole from us" comment is that in 2010, we were sitting on top of the college football world. Then came the scandals, the media slander and the dragging of Cam's name through the mud. Auburn was falsely accused of "buying" a championship. This stigma is still with us today, and it has been made even more prominent due to our win-loss record since Cam went pro. The media continues to put a spotlight on every little issue that goes on in Auburn. I understand the spotlight on the shootings, as that was a national story, but why was there so much coverage on Pike's public intox, or Dismukes, or Jonathan Rose's decision to transfer. These things happen at all schools, but you don't seem them on ESPN. For whatever reason, the media took it personal that Auburn won a NC with Cam, and they set out to tarnish our schools image, and they continue this today. You would think that being 1-4 would take you out of the spotlight, but apparently not if you are Auburn.

Mrs. Chizik is asking for the Auburn Family to act like a family. She is asking that we use Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets to rally support for this team. I am just as guilty as most in the fact that I have lost a lot of faith in our coaches, and that I am severely disappointed in our performance this year. That said, I still believe in Auburn, and love it!!! This is what the bammers cannot understand, and will never understand, about the Auburn Family. We love our school in good times and bad. They are so jealous that they do not have this. I remember their fans wearing grocery bags over their heads at games! The bammers only love their team/school when they are winning. We cannot stoop to this level.

I don't know if we'll make coaching changes this year. I have no control over that. I think it is obvious by reading my posts that I believe we made a mistake hiring Loeffler, but I am not in a position to change that. All I can do is continue wearing my Orange and Blue, flying my flag, saying "War Eagle" to anyone I see wearing Auburn gear, and hoping that we can turn this season around.

War Eagle, now and forever!!! All In Forever! Now, go spread the news that the Auburn Family will not bury our heads under grocery bags, and the media that is continuing to put us down can suck it!!

Note to 97......Auburn has always a team that nobody is pulling for to win but its players, students and alumni. Pat Dye made that comment back in the 80s. It was true before Dye got there and its still true today. I cant tell you why that's the case but it is and its not going to change. Its not something that is a brand new development so dont let it get to you.WDE!!!!

Well then, we fans that aren't alumni will stop supporting Auburn, then we will see the multi-million dollar football program sink to a several thousand dollar football program. End the elitism.

Going out on a limb here, but what I think she meant by the whole "Satan stole from us" comment is that in 2010, we were sitting on top of the college football world. Then came the scandals, the media slander and the dragging of Cam's name through the mud. Auburn was falsely accused of "buying" a championship. This stigma is still with us today, and it has been made even more prominent due to our win-loss record since Cam went pro. The media continues to put a spotlight on every little issue that goes on in Auburn. I understand the spotlight on the shootings, as that was a national story, but why was there so much coverage on Pike's public intox, or Dismukes, or Jonathan Rose's decision to transfer. These things happen at all schools, but you don't seem them on ESPN. For whatever reason, the media took it personal that Auburn won a NC with Cam, and they set out to tarnish our schools image, and they continue this today. You would think that being 1-4 would take you out of the spotlight, but apparently not if you are Auburn.

Mrs. Chizik is asking for the Auburn Family to act like a family. She is asking that we use Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets to rally support for this team. I am just as guilty as most in the fact that I have lost a lot of faith in our coaches, and that I am severely disappointed in our performance this year. That said, I still believe in Auburn, and love it!!! This is what the bammers cannot understand, and will never understand, about the Auburn Family. We love our school in good times and bad. They are so jealous that they do not have this. I remember their fans wearing grocery bags over their heads at games! The bammers only love their team/school when they are winning. We cannot stoop to this level.

I don't know if we'll make coaching changes this year. I have no control over that. I think it is obvious by reading my posts that I believe we made a mistake hiring Loeffler, but I am not in a position to change that. All I can do is continue wearing my Orange and Blue, flying my flag, saying "War Eagle" to anyone I see wearing Auburn gear, and hoping that we can turn this season around.

War Eagle, now and forever!!! All In Forever! Now, go spread the news that the Auburn Family will not bury our heads under grocery bags, and the media that is continuing to put us down can suck it!!

Note to 97......Auburn has always a team that nobody is pulling for to win but its players, students and alumni. Pat Dye made that comment back in the 80s. It was true before Dye got there and its still true today. I cant tell you why that's the case but it is and its not going to change. Its not something that is a brand new development so dont let it get to you.WDE!!!!

Well then, we fans that aren't alumni will stop supporting Auburn, then we will see the multi-million dollar football program sink to a several thousand dollar football program. End the elitism.

He clearly omitted the term 'fans' by accident. He meant everyone who isn't an Auburn fan. End the sensitivity.

Unless of course you were being sarcastic. In that case, carry on.

Auburn grad 97

I completely agree with your assessment. Don't know that I could have articulated it as well! Since 2010 the media( national and local) has been on a witch hunt against Auburn. Every negative thing possible has been reported and if it wasn't negative it wasnt't reported. The difference in Auburn and others has always been in our sense of family but sadly it seems to be lacking now when we most need it. I don't have any control or say so in what if any coaching changes should be made but I will continue to support my team. That means going to the games and cheering for them and proud.y wearing my Auburn gear. I actually had an Auburn fan tell me he wasn't going to pull for them the rest of the year! I told him not to bother to pull for them when things are going good again either.

War Eagle always and remember why we love our university!

I actually had an Auburn fan tell me he wasn't going to pull for them the rest of the year! I told him not to bother to pull for them when things are going good again either.

War Eagle always and remember why we love our university!

The next time you see that 'Auburn fan', hand him a houndstooth hat, a Natty Lite, some Jack Links and a can of Vienn-er sausages. He is a born natural for the team across the state. :)

I don't see the big deal. Yeah, the 'devil' comment sounds odd and I don't understand what she meant, but she has clarified saying she wasn't talking about wins/losses and she knows God doesn't care about football games.

I think people are just making a big deal out of nothing, but what's new right?

I don't see the big deal. Yeah, the 'devil' comment sounds odd and I don't understand what she meant, but she has clarified saying she wasn't talking about wins/losses and she knows God doesn't care about football games.

I think people are just making a big deal out of nothing, but what's new right?

Winner winner chicken dinner

I think what she is basically saying is that Satan has stolen the "Family" from Auburn. All of the the talk about being All In and Family is really just talk when faced with adversity like the team is facing right now. If you think about it you wouldn't turn on a member of your family if they started having a tough time at work and things turned bad for them. I believe you would stand behind them and support them in any way that you could. None of us including the Chiziks are happy right now with what is happening. The bottom line is that when things are tough that is when family needs each other the most. The only thing is that right now when this coaching staff and team needs their "family" the most some of them are bailing on them. Not meaning to sound too preachy here but Satan loves to take advantage of people when they are down. That's when people try to justify their actions the most. When you are doing the right thing, your actions need no justification. Cut Mrs. Chizik some slack for the phrasing or analogy she uses. Truth is she may be pretty close to the truth. Coach Chizik is a man of faith and faithful men are the ones who are tested. He and the Auburn family are being tested right now. Are you "All In"? Do you walk the walk or simply talk the talk?

Thanks for your post! It is sad that Auburn people do not understand that the way that we are acting is making Satan very happy. Mrs. Chizik is NOT saying not to fire her husband, she is saying to love the players and coaches and Auburn family as you love yourself.

Good grief guys.........this lady is right on the money. Regardless of winning or losing a football game........the joy in ones life should not be based upon this. Auburn is still "Family" and just because your children don't perform or your parents are not perfect......they still love each other. We immediately started going after each others throats just like the Bammers of the past. You might not like the comparison, but I have lived through many many good and bad seasons and witnessed first hand it happening on the other side of the state. My whole family is pro-Alabama....I was the only one with walking around sense:)

For me I will continue to support whoever is coaching and playing for us......... as soon as they put me on the Board, I will start making personal decisions about the coaches. If you guys want to push me for the Board, we can start a campaign. Otherwise, I love having Mrs Chizick trying to be positive and encouraging the Family. Satan is in fact active in our lives daily............if you don't believe this, go back and read many of the posts the past 5 weeks. God Bless!

Don't know if you guys saw it but Mrs Chizik posted this on her facebook page. Really great stuff if you ask me. This is what it's all about. WDE!!!

As you can probably tell from the majority of replies to your post, there is nothing positive that you can say or point to at this time that will not be greeted with negativity, derision and cynicism. For many (I don't think most...but many), the idea of the AU Family really is nothing more than a catch phrase. Those people have never thought about what family actually means...or maybe they just come from dysfunctional families.

I'm not particularly religious myself, but I was raised in the church and I understand exactly what Mrs. Chizik is saying here. She sees the negativity as the work of Satan. Based on her faith in the teachings of Jesus Christ, she believes in love, forgiveness and support. She understands that the Jesus of the Holy Bible did not spend His time on earth rubbing elbows with the rich or the high and mighty but instead sought out and ministered to the poor, the diseased and the downtrodden. She believes that Satan is at work in hearts and minds of many who think they are faithful.

As I said, I'm not particularly religious. What I see is just cynics and people piling on. Basic human nature...in all its ugliness. But I do understand where Mrs. Chizik is coming from. And I'm saddened at the reactions that seem to be in the majority on this board in response.

great post. I think all of this bashing Mrs Chizik is very bammeresque! its downright embarrassing.

With all due respect, I think the bashing of Ms. Chizik is cowardly. She has every right to use social media as you or I. People are looking for anything to bash the coaches and the team right now and I think it is deplorable. There are a bunch on this site that are some of the worst. Do you think this is the only time we have ever struggled in football? Really? Have you all forgotten about 2008? Talk about your Charlie Foxtrots! Unless you lived through the Barfield years, and I did as a student, then you don't know what bad is...it was the epitome of apathy, but we were there every home game yelling our azzes off! What a lot of you need to do is sack up, get behind this team and quit your whining. If you don't, then you're just validating what Ms Chizik was talking about. Am I disappointed...you betcha. But I'm still an Auburn Man and always will be because I believe in Auburn...and love it! Rant over...please continue with your regularly scheduled carping. --Warbird82

Sounds kind of cool to me, but I am a Christian. Come to think of it, I have yet to pray for AU this season. I guess after reading what Mrs. Chiz wrote, it reminds me, it is time to start.

With that said: "Does God care who wins football games? Probably not, unless he (God) can be glorified in it. Still, I realize as important as AU is to me, I should be praying for the team, coaches, fan base etc...

Thanks Mrs. Chiz!

With all due respect, I think the bashing of Ms. Chizik is cowardly. She has every right to use social media as you or I. People are looking for anything to bash the coaches and the team right now and I think it is deplorable. There are a bunch on this site that are some of the worst. Do you think this is the only time we have ever struggled in football? Really? Have you all forgotten about 2008? Talk about your Charlie Foxtrots! Unless you lived through the Barfield years, and I did as a student, then you don't know what bad is...it was the epitome of apathy, but we were there every home game yelling our azzes off! What a lot of you need to do is sack up, get behind this team and quit your whining. If you don't, then you're just validating what Ms Chizik was talking about. Am I disappointed...you betcha. But I'm still an Auburn Man and always will be because I believe in Auburn...and love it! Rant over...please continue with your regularly scheduled carping. --Warbird82

Good stuff. Tell these young punks (who expect immediate satisfaction and think throwing money at a big name HC ALWAYS brings success) how it is. Those years at the transition between Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville (say 1998-1999) weren't exactly rosy either. I reckon some of those types would have fired Tommy T. before he took Bama behind the woodshed for 6 years too.

Chizik needs to put a muzzle on everyone. Definitely his wife. We already got railed because Malzahn's wife seemed crazy as s***. Now we have to deal with the headcoaches wife being crazy....all while in the middle of a horrible season. People talk too damn much. Satan didn't steal s***. Your husband is either having a bad year or has regressed as a coach.

You have lost your damn mind if you think that sort of crap is acceptable here. Don't pull that stunt again.

I understand what she was saying as far as supporting the team, but the Satan reference I do not get. Even in her clarification, she doesn't say what she meant by it, just what she did not mean by it.

That being posted, I would prefer our coaching staffs' wives refrain from going to social networking sites, speaking to church congregations, etc and discussing their husbands' livelihoods or the AU football team about things that are better left to their husbands or AU administrators.

wde

So you don't approve of free speech eh? I know what you are saying but in the same light....what if she doesn't approve of your disapproval of coaches wives trying to rally the fan base while you are on a message board hiding behind a screen name taking shots at coaches, their wives and players? Kind of a double standard don't you think? People will be people and try to reach out in their own way...she is trying to be positive but everything I have read of you has been kind of negative....hmmmm. ying and yang thing goin on...

Good stuff. Tell these young punks (who expect immediate satisfaction and think throwing money at a big name HC ALWAYS brings success) how it is. Those years at the transition between Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville (say 1998-1999) weren't exactly rosy either. I reckon some of those types would have fired Tommy T. before he took Bama behind the woodshed for 6 years too.

We are already throwing big time money at a man for 8< wins. But carry on with your pompus attitudes. Auburn men.

We are already throwing big time money at a man for 8< wins. But carry on with your pompus attitudes. Auburn men.

Since you feel this way and I support your right to your opinion then you have a choice not to support Auburn Athletics thus none of your money will go to pay the salary of the coaches....you clearly have a choice...

Archived