Injury Update: I’m questionable for UGA

Wishbone

I caught on fire this past Saturday at a Halloween party. I was in the kitchen at the time so I sprinted outside so I could do the old “drop and roll” however I didn’t see the sliding glass door and ran right through it shattering it to pieces. Thankfully I landed right next to a keg, which was used be my friend's mom to extinguish the flames. The gorilla suit I was wearing turned out to be extremely flammable. The stinger in my neck and shoulder is killing me. It's such a big SEC match up that i might have to show up and root for Auburn anyway since I understand that my pressence at the game could be the difference b/w a win or a loss. I'll be the guy straining to hold up 4 fingers at the start of the 4th quarter.

I caught on fire this past Saturday at a Halloween party.  I was in the kitchen at the time so I sprinted outside so I could do the old “drop and roll”  however I didn’t see the sliding glass door and ran right through it shattering it to pieces.  Thankfully I landed right next to a keg, which was used be my friend's mom to extinguish the flames.  The gorilla suit I was wearing turned out to be extremely flammable.  The stinger in my neck and shoulder is killing me.   It's such a big SEC match up that i might have to show up and root for Auburn anyway since I understand that my pressence at the game could be the difference b/w a win or a loss.  I'll be the guy straining to hold up 4 fingers at the start of the 4th quarter.

118128[/snapback]

:eek2::blink: Best of luck on a speedy recovery!!

Dude. This would be hilarious if it weren't real. Cooking in a gorilla suit? You know better than that. Did anybody get this on video. You could win some money to help offset the pain.

And now on AFHV, "The Flaming Gorilla", "The Hot Monkey", "The Sizzling Simian", etc

Anybody got any more?

We need to make ole WB laugh a little. I'm sure the ER people were concerned.

If you ever find yourself running through glass doors cuz youre gorilla suit is on fire.............you might be a redneck.

War eagle man and get well soon.

If you ever find yourself running through glass doors cuz youre gorilla suit is on fire.............you might be a redneck.

118201[/snapback]

If you ever find yourself running through glass doors cuz your gorilla suit is on fire and your friend's MOM uses beer to extinguish the flames.............you might be a redneck.

Are you serious? This really happened? :blink:

Ooooooookay...

WB:

that's horrible!  are you all ok?  any bad burns/cuts?

i know some people who have received serious injuries running through doors!

118165[/snapback]

How about this headline in the local newspaper:

Alcoholic Ape Aflame Hosed by Smart Thinking Neighbor With Keg Beer

Party-goers Upset.

Wishbone ... ... :no: ... ... this sounds too fantastic for you to make up. Glad you're on your way to recovery. I'm sure the last thing you need from the AUN is a heap of admonishments, but it's always good to review incidents like these for some Lessons Learned. Good luck. :au: WDE

First of all, yes, this really did happen. I have no burns because i had clothes underneath and this all went down within 5 second thanks to some quick thinking people. I only got cuts on my shins because my gorilla suit protected me. I wasn't wearing my mask at the time and I am lucky my face wasn't cut up.

I think only my high rate of speed prevented injury. I had alot of space to build up steam from the kitchen to the sliding glass door which was two rooms away. I hadn't even realized I had crashed through the glass until someone asked me if i was OK. The whole episode was right out of the Incredible Hulk tv series from the 70's. (Think Ronnie Brown running over that UT DB.)

I started feeling this pain in my shoulder and neck (trapezius) two days ago (tuesday morning) and it is intense, all day long. I just hope it goes away on its own. I don't even know if it is related to the incident. My personal physician "the rooster" is coming down from chicago in December and he will examine me then. ALthough he has had no formal medical training, he is the only doctor I trust.

The whole episode was right out of the Incredible Hulk tv series from the 70's.  (Think Ronnie Brown running over that UT DB.)

Wishbone, I'm not sure I'd like you if you were angry... ;)

Hope you feel better, we'll need you on the Plains next week...

... My personal physician "the rooster" is coming down from chicago in December and he will examine me then.  ALthough he has had no formal medical training, he is the only doctor I trust.

118327[/snapback]

{Man, this story just keeps getting better & better} Let's review: you've had a harrowing life-threatening experience where you were injured, you're suffering from some kind of undiagnosed chronic pain in your neck & shoulder, ... and you want to wait a month to be examined by a "doctor" with no formal medical training? :blink: ... mmm 'K. Dude, do yourself a favor & seek some fomally-trained medical counsel now. The "rooster" can be used as a 2nd opinion when he arrives. Again -- good luck. :au: WDE

Oxygen, please, oxygen. I haven't laguhed this hard in a while. Like I said, if only you could have caught it on video.

BTW. Just how much does a sliding glass door cost??

Also. What were you cooking? You know, so the next time I'm in the kitchen with my gorilla suit on, I'll know what to avoid.

Its hard to type between bouts of laughter.

:cheers::roflol:

Another revision...

If you ever find yourself running through glass doors cuz your gorilla suit is on fire and your friend's MOM uses beer to extinguish the flames but not before she used your flaming costume to light her cigarette.............you might be a redneck.

(Nothing personal towards your friend's quick thinking mom - just funny! :big: )

OK...I, too, have just been caught laughing and had to explain to my co-workers.

Very amusing, but I do hope you are ok and wish you a speedy recovery.

now back to where I was before that break for a serious comment... :roflol:

I woke up friday and the pain was almost gone. Now my neck is just a little sore. The glass door will be $289. The gorilla suit was $49. Costly Halloween.

"The Rooster" does have some sort of a medical background, although some might find it tenuous. His grandfather was a doctor and "the rooster" owns a few medical texts which he has probably read to some degree. I also saw him disect a dead squirrel with a scaple his sophomore year at auburn. I imagine there are worse doctors out there.

I'm afraid to ask. But wait, where's the catchy, all important ..finale?

Glass door -$289

gorilla suit - $ 49

( ? ) - Priceless

(btw) that's one cheap gorilla suit.

"The Rooster"  does have some sort of a medical background, although some might find it tenuous.  His grandfather was a doctor and "the rooster" owns a few medical texts which he has probably read to some degree.  I also saw him disect a dead squirrel with a scaple his sophomore year at auburn.  I imagine there are worse doctors out there.

118775[/snapback]

Dude, my Dad played football at :au: but that does not make me a football player.

:P:blink::blink::big::big:

Archived