General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

Am I the only one who thinks he would be perfect fit as a HC? Too bad he's locked in with that brutal NFL team. Yes I know I'm dreaming but can still dream can't i? Any thoughts on this

It will neve happen. It is a nice dream though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks he would be perfect fit as a HC? Too bad he's locked in with that brutal NFL team. Yes I know I'm dreaming but can still dream can't i? Any thoughts on this

Nothing wrong with dreaming at all my good Auburn friend. Get ready for the users to get on here and tell you that you're crazy and that it won't happen and of course they'll never offer anything useful outside of "Petrino WILL GET IT DONE!" I'm not so sure of that but you get the point. When we START THINKING BIG LIKE THIS, WE'LL GET SOMEBODY BIG LIKE THIS! But, the nay sayers are coming trust me on that one.

Which nfl team is he locked in with? That's news to me.

I'm not gonna read 42 pages but has sonny dykes name been mentioned?... I think he and strong are realistic

If you can think of a name, any name, I can almost guarantee it's been mentioned here or in the other 200+ page thread that came before this one.

I'm not gonna read 42 pages but has sonny dykes name been mentioned?... I think he and strong are realistic

If you can think of a name, any name, I can almost guarantee it's been mentioned here or in the other 200+ page thread that came before this one.

Hal Mumme

:-\ Betcha didn't see that coming? :-\

Hal Mumme

Okay how is this. If were not going to spend the money to hire an elite coach then lets bring in a good man, that has a close relationship with at least one of our past greats. He is currently coaching one of the best players in the NFL recruited some great talent while coaching in college and has been a head coach at a major school in the SEC. And when Mike Shula wins at Auburn we can use that as proof that AU is a better job than Alabama. :jossun:>:D

Hal Mumme

Okay how is this. If were not going to spend the money to hire an elite coach then lets bring in a good man, that has a close relationship with at least one of our past greats. He is currently coaching one of the best players in the NFL recruited some great talent while coaching in college and has been a head coach at a major school in the SEC. And when Mike Shula wins at Auburn we can use that as proof that AU is a better job than Alabama. :jossun:>:D

That took some thought right there :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yep gonna get blasted for this too, but I'd love Herm Edwards. You can't tell me he's not itching to coach again folks. Hello?!? You play to win the game!!! Herm is so popular right now, he would walk in and say "Hello" and he'd have the kid and their family right there. And yes, he's not that terrible of a coach and he'd add massive energy to AU's program. No, it will not happen I realize that. However, a man can dream a little LoL.

I would be ALL for Herm. The man is a solid football mind. High energy. And loves has a passion for getting young guys to MAN up and grow. Plus he is no-nonsense and a tough SOB.

As bad as our defense has been this year, if we could score we would have a decent record. That tells me we should hire an offensive minded coach in lieu of defensive (Strong). Someone mentioned Gundy earlier, I like the hire but he is a lifer at OKSU. What are everyone's thoughts on his OC Todd Monken? We have players that fit his scheme and I think OKSU has a great offense. He is not a proven HC but has some nice credentials. With a decent DC hire, that could be pretty special

If we are dreaming now I'de probably pee my pants in exitement if Bill Cowher was hired as our new HC. I probably wouldn't make it till the first game because I would have a heart attack right after I wet myself. If he came to AU we would probably be able to pick any recruit we wanted to make an elite class every year. Aaaahhh man the possibilities!

How realistic is that we get someone like Herm Edwards or some elite level coach?

Why the hell have the limiting belief you cant? What is the worst case scenario that could happen. He says no. Move on.

I dont get why a coaching search has the element of the fear of rejection in it??? Anybody???????????

Hell this should be the top of your damn list in no particular order:

Gruden

Cowher

Billick

Carroll

Herm Edwards

Rex if he gets canned.

If their name is not on this list we should not even discuss until AU has exhausted all resources getting one of these guys!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I would love Gruden.

If we went after all of those elite guys like that with a big time offer, I am pretty sure one of them at least will say yes. I simply hope our AD, and by God it'll be somebody other than JJ, is ambitious and daring enough to do it. The thought is right: What does it hurt to ask? The worst they say is no. It's like never asking the most beautiful girl out. I always ask her out. Sure, I've been rejected a good bit. Got more yeses than I expected, though.

Yep gonna get blasted for this too, but I'd love Herm Edwards. You can't tell me he's not itching to coach again folks. Hello?!? You play to win the game!!! Herm is so popular right now, he would walk in and say "Hello" and he'd have the kid and their family right there. And yes, he's not that terrible of a coach and he'd add massive energy to AU's program. No, it will not happen I realize that. However, a man can dream a little LoL.

I like it

If we went after all of those elite guys like that with a big time offer, I am pretty sure one of them at least will say yes. I simply hope our AD, and by God it'll be somebody other than JJ, is ambitious and daring enough to do it. The thought is right: What does it hurt to ask? The worst they say is no. It's like never asking the most beautiful girl out. I always ask her out. Sure, I've been rejected a good bit. Got more yeses than I expected, though.

Miska I vote for you to be our new AD. Hell the first time Miami wanted to talk to Saban he declined. And your exactly right how many giys don't approach a hot girl they could get because they think they dont have a chance??

Great post

merging Jeff Fisher discussion into the general coaching thread...because it's not even realistic enough to consider it a pipe dream.

Someone actually thinks we can pull Jeff Fisher? I heard Fisher didn't want the job because Lombardi came back from the dead to take it.

Archived