2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

Miami might not have a program before he evens graduates...

I doubt that, if they did not kill PSU's program, then they won't kill Miami.

Correct

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Miami situation is a lot worse then Penn. St's.

When I said kill. I meant a whole bunch of sanctions yet to come. How many years now have they self-imposed waiting on the results?

Another scenario for none sunshine pumpers:

When do JUCO players sign? If this is the last week (I'm not sure though) of official visits then the reason maybe below...

It was Hooks who was told that the DL coach would be here when he visited this weekend. Maybe he was told that it was going to take a little longer? And he may not commit to a school when he doesn't know who will be coaching him?

When do JUCO players sign? If this is the last week (I'm not sure though) of official visits then the reason maybe below...

It was Hooks who was told that the DL coach would be here when he visited this weekend. Maybe he was told that it was going to take a little longer? And he may not commit to a school when he doesn't know who will be coaching him?

He still plans on committing on Monday FWIW

Would he be an early enrolle and when do they sign? (if you know)

Yes. Early juco signing period is Dec. 19th-Jan. 15th

Pretty sure he is in fact an early enrollee, and I'm also pretty sure he has until the 16th or 17th of January to sign and enroll. So we shall see.

Yes. Early juco signing period is Dec. 19th-Jan. 15th

Ah, 15th. I was close at least.

Pretty sure he is in fact an early enrollee, and I'm also pretty sure he has until the 16th or 17th of January to sign and enroll. So we shall see.

Beat you to it. ;D

I hope that we can get him to tell the coaches he will be coming to AU in a few weeks.

EDW tweeting that he did not visit Auburn, anyone got a confirmation?

I can't comment on EDWs tweet directly because his came from premium posts but yes 23 confirmed Hooks did not come.

Would that open up an EE spot for Lemond Johnson?

That's not an issue. We have 10 EE spots available.

Any reason we wouldn't allow him in early then? Surely they're not hoping he chooses to go to UT instead.

Would that open up an EE spot for Lemond Johnson?

That's not an issue. We have 10 EE spots available.

Any reason we wouldn't allow him in early then? Surely they're not hoping he chooses to go to UT instead.

To be brutally honest it can only be one of 2 things. Either there is a technical snag with him EEing at Auburn or Gus and Cheese have targeted someone else they want.

I can't comment on EDWs tweet directly because his came from premium posts but yes 23 confirmed Hooks did not come.

Well dang, I suppose that it means we are out of the running....I was hoping to get an experienced DT to push the others on our roster for their starting spots.

As I understand it, he grew up an Auburn fan, and he's waiting to meet AU's new DL Coach (which I'm pretty sure will be Tracy Rocker)...but I dunno.

Well dang, I suppose that it means we are out of the running....I was hoping to get an experienced DT to push the others on our roster for their starting spots.

At this point Hooks would be the baby of the DL. Carter, Whitaker,Equae, Ford, Lemonier, and Sanders will be done in 2013. Blackson, Wright, Delaine, and Owen finish in 2014.

True, but he has experience on the JUCO level, and has seemingly been successful, so it will bring an experienced DL with a new attitude to our very "soft" appearing Defensive Line to create a new attitude (potentially) and help the new coaching staff with a change in the direction of this team.

Archived