2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

No word as of yet best I can tell. Ole Miss feels really good about it.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, that would be funny.

Lol, that would be funny.

Maybe he finally decided to visit Auburn? JK lol.

Just saw a tweet from Robert Cassidy saying,

"Now hearing juco DT Lavon Hooks will take more time with his decision. He's told coaches of involved schools it may not come until tomorrow."

Seems like some school made an impression, or maybe AU is really pushing for a visit.

IMO him moving it at all is good news, because as far as I have heard, he was pretty much an Ole Miss lock.

Just saw a tweet from Robert Cassidy saying,

"Now hearing juco DT Lavon Hooks will take more time with his decision. He's told coaches of involved schools it may not come until tomorrow."

Seems like some school made an impression, or maybe AU is really pushing for a visit.

To add to that he tweeted.

"@Cassidy_Rob

@Unc_Rob My bet is a school saw he was getting ready to decide and involved itself at the 11th hour. Something like that had to happen."

It well may be good for Auburn.

That would be ideal, if we can get him then we don't have to play against him. Ole Miss is gonna be a handful anyway.

Well, alrighty then maybe he will not visit, but gets that one call from Gus and he loves it and committs.

To me that sounds like good news for us. Maybe he will finally make that visit this week.

Hmm, I don't think he can visit during the dead period. Ellitor ?

Nope but since he grew up an Auburn fan he may not need to.

Well, alrighty then, I'm actually a little tired of him, he keeps on tugging at my emotions, lol. But I do hope that he goes to Washington cause I don't want to play him.

Well, if we can't have him, lets send him as far away as possible to a team that has to play Oregon every year. Lol.

I don't know what's more laughable-people here giving assurances that Hooks would sign with Auburn, or people here giving assurances that Hooks will sign with Ole Miss. Same absence of any useful knowledge. I think I will go troll an Ole Miss board and report that Hooks to Ole Miss is a "done deal".

Why are you here? Every post you make is saying something derogatory about the people that like to post on this recruiting board. Flake off and give yourself and everybody else a break.

Boo hoo. I'm here because I am an alumnus of Auburn and a fan of its football team. I'm not a fan of inmates having access to the internet.

So, you don't like recruiting discussions yet you pop up on this recruiting board to diss the posters here. Troll, thy name is blueridge.

I am thinking it is Washington. Lupoi is a monster recruiter and supposedly his visit went great. Too bad we couldn't pull him

he never gave us a chance

We never gave him a chance until the past two weeks? Hard to get in during the last two weeks

True

We never really gave him a chance. The fact he almost gave us an OV after not being recruited by us for his whole career was nice enough

Jones had a good quote on TD about why we didn't recruit JUCO players under Chizik after the first two years. Too lazy to find though. Sorry

E I have heard that ESPN supposedly said Auburn may be a finalist for his services...any updates on this?

Yes and you can say you got it from a tweet from EDW. Here is where he got it.

Well I always take his tweets with a grain of salt hence why I always ask you ;) And no I wasnt trying to act like I know anything because I really dont :) well according to my wife anyways.

EDW scares me as a fan because he reports rumors, contacts recruits, says things that aren't verified (and if they are true they would know if the staff wanted them to) and people thinks he has great sources.

Recipe for a disaster

i'll be honest, with it feeling like adams has slipped away from us, i had hoped we could pull in hooks. big strong kid with a couple of years to fill out compared to a true frosh ... but our track record with sure fire, cant miss stud juco DL guys has been spotty (gray, jones). i would love to have seen this guy on our sidelines. oh well...bummer

We just got there a little late in the game since Gus and Ellis only got hired a couple weeks ago.

I agree. It is very tough to pull a kid when you get in on him this late. Best of luck to that young man!

Archived