2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

What is it with Washington lately? They have been saying they were at least in the hunt for every 4-5* recruit around. Foster, Hooks, who else is coming to their campus? Do they even have enough room for all these star recruits that will probably never play for them?

Tosh Lupoi... that's whats with Washington! He's a heck of a coach and a relentless recruiter... He pulled some great recruits to Cal, and brought some big-time players to Washington with him... He's one of the best recruiters in the country... not afraid to go up against the best for any recruit!!!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooks to Ole Miss has been the prevailing thought till only this past week so not unexpected. Ole Miss people have always thought he was theirs to lose.

Hooks to Ole Miss has been the prevailing thought till only this past week so not unexpected. Ole Miss people have always thought he was theirs to lose.

Yeah, a 6-6 season gets the people from Ole Miss thinking big. They have arrived!

They just have been recruited him heavily from the beginning and Huge Freeze has somehow convnced recruits he is selling something in Oxford. He has been killing the recruiting trail all things considered (like the fact he is coaching at Ole Miss). We have to get him credit.

Hopefully we can pull one out for the Malzahn with Hooks and get this defense jumpstarted

They just have been recruited him heavily from the beginning and Huge Freeze has somehow convnced recruits he is selling something in Oxford. He has been killing the recruiting trail all things considered (like the fact he is coaching at Ole Miss). We have to get him credit.

Hopefully we can pull one out for the Malzahn with Hooks and get this defense jumpstarted

I give Freeze all the credit in the world. I personally believe he did a fantastic job at Ole Miss 2012 and I fully expect to see continued better results from them short of actuallly winning CS that is, but hey, he's a good coach and excellent recruiter as well.

I'm a little confused. I don't know anything about this kid, but what is up with the visiting, then going to Miami, then visiting AU again, then as of today coming at 5:30, then not showing?

Is our insider information that off or is he truly that indecisive?

I'm a little confused. I don't know anything about this kid, but what is up with the visiting, then going to Miami, then visiting AU again, then as of today coming at 5:30, then not showing?

Is our insider information that off or is he truly that indecisive?

He ended up taking an OV to Washington which nobody really reported and got back today. He was supposed to drive to Auburn but likely did not due to the long trip to Wash and the weather.

I'm going to be honest here. I think it is just wrong to play a school like that. I am not saying it would not be nice to have him, or that he is not a good player, but I am sort of glad he isn't likely to come here after this. This is TWO times he has done this to AU. If you don't have the guts to be honest and say you aren't interested, then you should at least have the guts to follow through with what you say. (And yes I know AU did the same thing to Johnson).

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's an interesting article on Hooks from over the summer. Didn't know that the Irons brothers Dad was his trainer.

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/news/2012/jul/05/hooks-develops-into-top-football-prospect/

Bryan Matthews 6:00 pm update: It now appears very unlikely Lavon Hooks will visit Auburn tonight. He's back from his Washington visit but with the weather and long trip this weekend, he's not up to driving to Auburn. I'd say there's very little chance of him signing with Auburn Wednesday.

So, the big JUCO roundup is 0-fer- so far. The LB didn't show either, right? At least the o-line guy showed up. Of course, we signed seven o-line guys last year and redshirted five of them, so take that as to how badly we needed more o-linemen.

We absolutely need a guy like Devonte Danzey if for not other reason than depth. To point to our 7 OL signings last year and say we don't is showing a lack of understanding of where our OL played/learned once they signed. We have depth at our tackle positions not guard

We signed 7 OLineman

Avery Young, Will Adams and Patrick Miller will all play tackle and will not play guard.

Shane Callahan is expected to play center while here at Auburn (I guess he could move to G but likely to back up C)

Jordan Diamond and Alex Kozan are the only two players that have played guard

Devonte Danzey is a guard so considering the depth chart at guard

Starters

LG- Chad Slade

RG- Diamond/Kozan

Backups

LG- N/A (Callahan)

RG- Diamond/Kozan

Danzey will be an immediate candidate to start at guard and at the very worst provide much needed depth on the second team.

We absolutely need a guy like Devonte Danzey if for not other reason than depth. To point to our 7 OL signings last year and say we don't is showing a lack of understanding of where our OL played/learned once they signed. We have depth at our tackle positions not guard

We signed 7 OLineman

Avery Young, Will Adams and Patrick Miller will all play tackle and will not play guard.

Shane Callahan is expected to play center while here at Auburn (I guess he could move to G but likely to back up C)

Starters

LG- Chad Slade

RG- Diamond/Kozan

Backups

LG- N/A (Callahan)

RG- Diamond/Kozan

Danzey will be an immediate candidate to start at guard and at the very worst provide much needed depth on the second team.

Well said.

We signed 7 OLineman

Starters

LG- Chad Slade

RG- Diamond/Kozan

Backups

LG- N/A (Callahan)

RG- Diamond/Kozan

We kinda needed an interior lineman even before Westerman decided to move back to Arizona; since he's transferring, it seems we have even more of a need there. I could see Callahan filling in at guard some if needs be, since we do already have a starter and a backup at center, but we do still need another body there.

Before Westerman transferred, we weren't hurting too badly at Guard considering any guard could crosstrain for the other side and for emergency reserves Callahan could move over. Not ideal but having a set two deep of talented scholly players is solid especially if only one is a senior

With Westerman gone, we go from acceptable depth to void. Especially since he was expected to start/only guy other than Slade with experience at G

Bryan Matthews 6:00 pm update: It now appears very unlikely Lavon Hooks will visit Auburn tonight. He's back from his Washington visit but with the weather and long trip this weekend, he's not up to driving to Auburn. I'd say there's very little chance of him signing with Auburn Wednesday.

No offense, but no one has had good information on this kid. Why should BM be any different?

Archived