Illinois game thread

mustache eagle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should do it right there. I think AU did better than expected but you don't win many games turning the ball over all the time and putting a team on the FT line 30+ times. This is a step forward for sure after the huge step back last game.

Well that's game. Good game AU. I'm getting sick of "moral victories", though. It's about time we get past that stage

True. There will be a lot more of those especially with Price out. Leaving 8-10 points/game at the free-throw line isn't going to help pull out the close ones either. These kids will get there though. Program is getting better

80-76. Illinois shooting 2.... 12.5 seconds to play. first ft - good. 2nd missed. 81-76, Auburn 3 point attempt, no good. Foul in the backcourt. Illinois shooting 2. 4.5 seconds to play.

Well I give this auburn team some props for this game. Illinois is better but we played a very respectable game. That is the kind of team I want auburn to put on the floor. Good minutes for the newbies on a big stage against a quality team. Just gotta play every came this way ... Minus the turnovers

Wallace gets a 3 at the buzzer... But Auburn falls to Illinois 81-79. What a great game that was and sure as hell not a blowout. Auburn plays like that the rest of the year, we'll win a lot of games.

Good effort today. Sloppy at times, too many turnovers and some bad fouls, but overall not a bad game against a good Illinois team. May have been a good tune up for conference play.

Wallace gets a 3 at the buzzer... But Auburn falls to Illinois 81-79. What a great game that was and sure as hell not a blowout. Auburn plays like that the rest of the year, we'll win a lot of games.

Agreed

Well that's game. Good game AU. I'm getting sick of "moral victories", though. It's about time we get past that stage

True. There will be a lot more of those especially with Price out. Leaving 8-10 points/game at the free-throw line isn't going to help pull out the close ones either. These kids will get there though. Program is getting better

You are right, but not relevant in this game. Auburn was 10-14 from the free throw line.

Archived